Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Dianna Rossini, on nfl live, just said, point blank, “You know who they wanted, the football side of the operation, because I covered them, they wanted Daniel Jones..

She’s livid too, Russini is ready to fight.

Right. So where was all this livid-ity out of Dianna before this game? I suppose its ok to sound right when its convenient. Curious to get her take if Dwayne would have balled out in that game. Again, its his first live action with no real prep and a coaching staff that is spiraling out of the ****ing toilet bowl. To Dianna....I say relax Francis.

I typically don't believe anything the media says these days so the front-office conflict with Gruden I didn't believe and Gruden not wanting to draft him I didn't believe.  But, his press conference made me a little uncomfortable.  He seemed to indirectly place a lot of blame on Haskins which isn't that big a deal since he's a rookie playing without a lot of reps but then seemed to go out of his way to praise Jones, listing all the things he did well.  Instead of their guys made plays and we didn't, he specifically mentioned all the things that Jones did well.  That really bothered me especially with this being the first time Haskins has played and with minimal preparation.  I hate statements like this but it was my first thought...it almost seemed like he was trying to say to the front office, see that is the guy I wanted and look how well he did, even though you can't really compare the two.  Anyway, too much praise for the other rookie QB, IMO, but hope I'm just being too sensitive.  

Jay didn’t want Alex Smith.

He didn’t want Haskins.

Bruce and Dan made the moves, not Jay.

He knows he’s fired so he’s going to go out the way he wants with Colt. Feels like he owes it to Colt and himself. Can’t say I blame him. Also, maybe it leads to Danny firing him in mid-season, which I’m sure Jay would not have a problem with at all.

The oral history of Snyder’s ownership is going to be incredible.

Gruden is ready to boogie to Vegas, I don't think he really cares anymore. I'll be disgusted if he throws Haskins to the wolves this week, it would clearly be the wrong thing to do. There's no point to play him, no experience gained that he can't pick up later. I backed Gruden during his tenure, but at this point I'm disgusted and ready to move on. 

My issue isn't that we're losing, we all were well aware that this was a rough opening schedule, but it's the fact that we're 0-4 and have been embarrassed/throttled/outcoached in each game. The team couldn't care less and that's reflective of the coaches. We have plenty of talent, enough to have won at least one of these games and at least played respectably in each, but we didn't. 

I knew the coaches and morale impacted the team and it couldn't be more obvious than Preston Smith. While he was here, we occassionally saw flashes, but I was happy to see him walk, he didn't play like a $10M+/yr guy. Now he's in GB absolutely balling out, he looks dominant on every play. Our front had more talent than GB, yet he's playing at such a higher level now. For me, that finger points straight at the coaches.

25 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Right. So where was all this livid-ity out of Dianna before this game? I suppose its ok to sound right when its convenient. Curious to get her take if Dwayne would have balled out in that game. Again, its his first live action with no real prep and a coaching staff that is spiraling out of the ****ing toilet bowl. To Dianna....I say relax Francis.

It was oddly impassioned, perhaps she saw @thesubmittedone‘s theory & wants to one up Louis. Perhaps Espn will become a 24/7 survivor-ish reality show, winner taking home the Redskins GM job. I’ve never seen survivor, but I suspect it’s a survive & advance scenario... right now, to muddle metaphors, we are in the regular season & the top two seeds, heading into March madness, are Russini & Lou.

6 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Our front had more talent than GB, yet he's playing at such a higher level now. For me, that finger points straight at the coaches.

I had the same exact thought watching Preston Smith get after the QB on many a play last Thursday night.  Clearly GB is using his pass rushing ability and making that his only focus.  Morons like Manusky try to fit a square peg in a round hole way too often.  Oh, you don't play in space and cover?  Well you're going to in my system so get on board or hit the bench.  I'm so done with this coaching staff - even Thomsula looks like he doesn't really give a 💩 anymore.

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Since when is 13 half a dozen?  If he had said a baker's dozen...

Of course Joe Banner's going to crap all over our pick.  We're a division rival and run by one of the least respected front offices in the league.  Doesn't mean that it was the wrong choice.  Haskins is going to impress as the season continues.  He's been getting reps with the practice squad only for the last month.  No wonder he looked out of sync with his receivers.

57 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Of course Joe Banner's going to crap all over our pick.  We're a division rival and run by one of the least respected front offices in the league.  Doesn't mean that it was the wrong choice.  Haskins is going to impress as the season continues.  He's been getting reps with the practice squad only for the last month.  No wonder he looked out of sync with his receivers.

Lol this may well be true, but the excuse making for the guy by some is entertaining. Pretty sure 6th rounder Gardner Minshew wasn't practicing with the first team and he came in and performed well as a.backup forced into the game unexpectedly.

On 9/29/2019 at 4:36 PM, Koala said:

Im not that discouraged.  Things didnt really unravel for Haskins until the 4th quarter, when it looks like the whole team started giving up anyways.

In the 2nd and 3rd quarter, he was alright.  That interception he threw to Peppers, is not a terrible throw, just a case of the defender bieng much better than the offensive player.  Haskins had a man in being pushed up into his face, so he probably couldnt see that the LB was in perfect position and that Sprinkle had utterly failed to get any kind of seperation.  He also was forced to throw it off his back foot.  This is part of the adjustment to the NFL and to "NFL speed", and also to adusting to the fact that on any given Sunday, our offense almost always has less athleticism and talent than the opposing defense.  

On the second INT, its pretty much a 50-50 ball.  Looks like RIchardson got outmuscled for the ball.  Again, at OSU, Haskins was used to the talent deficit favoring him, that play is usually a completion at OSU.  Now he has to get used to the fact that he's playing with a talent deficit  -- Janoris Jenkins is apparently better that Paul Richardson.  At the very least, a competent #1 WR, having failed to secure inside position,  makes sure to knock the ball away. Richardson instead just falls away harmlessly.  

The third INT, he'll learn from.

This post reminds me of the Bang Cartoon with Joe Gibbs explaining why Mark Brunell is having a hard time hitting the broad side of a barn with the football.

And then he misses the ocean.

Not a good sign for Haskins.

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

Haskins is going to impress as the season continues.  He's been getting reps with the practice squad only for the last month.  No wonder he looked out of sync with his receivers.

I'm not sold on Haskins at all. He hasn't been good dating all the way back to training camp. I know he's raw, but if you count his preaseson snaps, he's completing only 54% of his passes, with 2 TDs and 5 INTs, with a passer rating somewhere in the 40's. I'm in the camp that he absolutely needs to play as much as possible this season, if only because you need to know what he has before next year's draft. We're going to have a high pick, and if he doesn't improve, then we need to draft one of the top guys next year.

13 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I'm not sold on Haskins at all. He hasn't been good dating all the way back to training camp. I know he's raw, but if you count his preaseson snaps, he's completing only 54% of his passes, with 2 TDs and 5 INTs, with a passer rating somewhere in the 40's. I'm in the camp that he absolutely needs to play as much as possible this season, if only because you need to know what he has before next year's draft. We're going to have a high pick, and if he doesn't improve, then we need to draft one of the top guys next year.

Similar to my thoughts and I'll add that I pretty much hate his body language and am fairly confident that either he or someone in his camp are leaking some of these stories to the media (being set up to fail, Jay not preparing him properly, etc.)

53 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

We're going to have a high pick, and if he doesn't improve, then we need to draft one of the top guys next year.

0% chance of this happening.

The Redskins will find a coach who promises to make Haskins a franchise QB.

3 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

I had the same exact thought watching Preston Smith get after the QB on many a play last Thursday night.  Clearly GB is using his pass rushing ability and making that his only focus.  Morons like Manusky try to fit a square peg in a round hole way too often.  Oh, you don't play in space and cover?  Well you're going to in my system so get on board or hit the bench.  I'm so done with this coaching staff - even Thomsula looks like he doesn't really give a 💩 anymore.

I'd love to agree with you but I can't....I didn't see him as out of sync with the receivers, I saw him as out of sync with the offense and the NFL in general. When Fox ran that replay of all three receivers getting wide open and Dwayne not looking down field you could tell he was not ready. Daniel Jones has been ready since jump street. He had a huge preseason and hasn't skipped a beat. Not saying it's Dwayne's fault, but he looked awful on Sunday....in my opinion.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

I'd love to agree with you but I can't....I didn't see him as out of sync with the receivers, I saw him as out of sync with the offense and the NFL in general. When Fox ran that replay of all three receivers getting wide open and Dwayne not looking down field you could tell he was not ready. Daniel Jones has been ready since jump street. He had a huge preseason and hasn't skipped a beat. Not saying it's Dwayne's fault, but he looked awful on Sunday....in my opinion.

You're judging based on one half of football.  Daniel Jones worked out with the first team and game planning for the entire week.  I just don't think it's fair to blast him over that.

43 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

0% chance of this happening.

The Redskins will find a coach who promises to make Haskins a franchise QB.

And thereat goes on. I say he isn't as good as Jason Campbell but Danny took over again and this experiment will go on way too long before we get a  that can get it done. Danny and Bruce in the war room is why we are struggling now and have now it seems forever. We couldn't even get a 3rd rounder for him but Danny will give up top treasure for anyone he gets a crush on. Should have got Rosen when we had the chance but Danny refuses to make us better with his constant meddling. Between RG 3 and Haskins we have thrown away 3 first rounders and 3 2nd rounders because we should have got Sweat at 15 and still could have got Haskins in the 2nd although it would have been a mistake then too. Haskins basically cost two 2nd round picks because Sweat should have been the pick at 15. They basically traded up for Haskins since they blew the first pick. So yea between RG3 and Haskins it cost us three 1st round picks and three 2nd round picks when you think about it logically. Think about the Offense and Defensive line we could have drafted with that capital. But watch out Danny has stormed the draft room to do what he does best. Make the wrong choice.

I thought it was just the media or fans fishing for a story line.... Jones vs Haskins Round 1....

Turns out, it was Jay who wanted to see that matchup. His play calling and lack of prep, game situation... all put Haskins into a position to fail, and then goes on to praise Jones in his presser..... he was rubbing it in Bruce's face - trying to get fired - only Bruce is too dumb to figure it out.

I'm not a proponent of Steven A. In his words, lets make that perfectly clear. But this has merit IMO. His counterparts make great points as well (even though he took time for some bull****ting about Jerry vs Snyder). Kellerman said what I believe to be true in that Gruden is only trying to save his own job at the expense of the QB he never wanted in the first place.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Try stepping into your first live NFL game with no prep and see how you do. Particularly in this stubborn offensive scheme with a horrid run game. That is a legitimate excuse if you can even call it that. Jones was named the starter, got first team reps and still threw 2 interception and possibly 3 if Norman holds on to the ball - and that's with minimal pressure. Dwayne was called into the game with a myriad of issues to overcome, to include garbage at his feet as the old #8 so eloquently put it. Oh yea, remember when the 8+ year starter had 5 turnovers last week? Remember when the QB that has been in this system the entire Gruden tenure threw 3 interception last year in the game after Alex broke his leg in this inept offensive design? To overlook that in comparison to what Jones was afforded is ludicrous at best. And even now, Gruden is playing musical chairs with the position. This team would be better off firing Bruce, Gruden and Manusky right now, than to have this infighting about what QB should play. Because I am positive that if the decision to play Haskins is not Gruden's choice this week, he's shown to me enough of his sarcastic vindictive side to call another game that is about what he wants and not what his players can do. That's been his MO from the beginning. AP is perfect example of that. Name a time where the offense has been running on all cylinders with Gruden calling the plays?

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This narrative of Gruden never wanting any of the QBs he's had has gotten ridiculous.  Who exactly do people think Gruden's wanted to play QB?  Himself?

I think people are confusing Gruden's abject failures to coach and develop his QBs well with not wanting them.

The argument about who Gruden wants is not relevant in the big picture. The big picture is that he is not head coach caliber and I really don't think I need to elaborate.

17 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

The argument about who Gruden wants is not relevant in the big picture. The big picture is that he is not head coach caliber and I really don't think I need to elaborate.

And you came to that conclusion from his 5 years coaching players on a team that NOBODY has won with because of Dan, Vinny, Bruce, and the clownshow.

What you also should know from the past 20+ years is that Dan Snyder can't pick a QB. Every scrub we've had, McNabb, George, Ramsey, Candle, RG3, have all failed. Most of them got a 2nd coach and then failed again. (Good thing he didn't have the opportunity to draft Quinn and or Sanchez lol)

What are the odds of something different happening this time. Close to zilch, IMO.

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Turns out, it was Jay who wanted to see that matchup. His play calling and lack of prep, game situation... all put Haskins into a position to fail, 

Haskins was protected and had open options on every drop back.

42 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I'm not a proponent of Steven A. In his words, lets make that perfectly clear. But this has merit IMO. His counterparts make great points as well (even though he took time for some bull****ting about Jerry vs Snyder). Kellerman said what I believe to be true in that Gruden is only trying to save his own job at the expense of the QB he never wanted in the first place

Steven Smith said didn’t care for Haskins because he’s more of a running qb. 

21 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Particularly in this stubborn offensive scheme

What was wrong with the scheme? 

22 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

The argument about who Gruden wants is not relevant in the big picture

It’s relevant to the conversation that’s been ongoing for 5 months. 

8 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

And you came to that conclusion from his 5 years coaching players on a team that NOBODY has won with because of Dan, Vinny, Bruce, and the clownshow.

What you also should know from the past 20+ years is that Dan Snyder can't pick a QB. Every scrub we've had, McNabb, George, Ramsey, Candle, RG3, have all failed. Most of them got a 2nd coach and then failed again. (Good thing he didn't have the opportunity to draft Quinn and or Sanchez lol)

What are the odds of something different happening this time. Close to zilch, IMO.

All we know about Jay is that he can’t win here, which just reveals that he is, indeed, a human. 

Archived