Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

5 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I didn't know him, but I do know how to use Google, so after looking him up, I'm assuming you see QB preferences as a racial issue. That's pretty ****ing stupid. I've been watching a sport that's made up of about 60% - 70% black players since the late 1970s. If I were a racist, why would I do that? 

I’m going to be gentle, despite the ignorance displayed in your post, because I’m trying new things this fall.

I said:

27 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Some people appreciate the art of purely distributing the ball, seeing the offense run as it’s drawn up ... but, it’s also something Clayton Bigsby might post. 

Many people, who are racist, prefer the Dan Marino types. I pointed that out to you, I didn’t insinuate, in any way, that you’re racist. I, in fact, posted the legitimate football reason why someone may prefer a Dan Marino...I made your point more clearly than you were able to as I saw your post being interpreted as racist. You were lost, explained something to you, and for my gracious ways I get your internet nonsense. 

BE410D61-D08E-4B17-A1C2-A8D471A66D82.gif

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

In what way though? You seem to lump several QBs as "scramblers", when only Murray really fits that model. Guys like Mahomes or Tua may be athletic, but they're not exactly scramblers. Certainly not like a Cam Newton or a josh Allen or a Lamar Jackson. Maybe if you compare them to an absolute statue QB like Dan Marino, sure. But Mahomes looks a lot like a John Elway. And Elway seems pretty "old school". Also pretty similar to Aaron Rodgers.

Fair point. Mahomes may not be as quick to use his legs as some of the others you mentioned. Rodgers is a good example too, as he runs more f a pro style, but has the legs t at least get out of trouble. Kind of like a Steve Young, who gave the 49ers a good bit of both styles.

I guess some of you are looking for some evil ulterior motive here, but the only thing I can tell you is that RGIII pretty much soured me on an offense predicated on a running QB, with all the read options and designed keepers and stuff. He was just too frail to keep it up for long. And when the team realized that and tried to get him to do less with his legs, he just didn't play very well.   

Just now, BraveWarrior said:

Fair point. Mahomes may not be as quick to use his legs as some of the others you mentioned. Rodgers is a good example too, as he runs more f a pro style, but has the legs t at least get out of trouble. Kind of like a Steve Young, who gave the 49ers a good bit of both styles.

I guess some of you are looking for some evil ulterior motive here, but the only thing I can tell you is that RGIII pretty much soured me on an offense predicated on a running QB, with all the read options and designed keepers and stuff. He was just too frail to keep it up for long. And when the team realized that and tried to get him to do less with his legs, he just didn't play very well.   

No one is looking for anything, nor accusing you of anything, it’s just a discussion. Not many prefer Big Ben to Pat Mahomes ... but 99% of those who prefer the former, also watch Alex Jones. 

6 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I’m going to be gentle, despite the ignorance displayed in your post, because I’m trying new things this fall.

I said:

Many people, who are racist, prefer the Dan Marino types. I pointed that out to you, I didn’t insinuate, in any way, that you’re racist. I, in fact, posted the legitimate football reason why someone may prefer a Dan Marino...I made your point more clearly than you were able to as I saw your post being interpreted as racist. You were lost, explained something to you, and for my gracious ways I get your internet nonsense. 

BE410D61-D08E-4B17-A1C2-A8D471A66D82.gif

You're going to be gentle? Should I say thanks? I'd just be happy with courteous, since I assume we all are here because we have at least one thing in common.

If people interpret my admiration for Marino as racist, that sounds like the ignorance is all on their side of the table.

What about the fact that I also admired Doug Williams, and that he played much in the same style I was talking about? 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Remember when folks thought this fan base wouldn't give up on Haskins at the first sign of struggle and I said they were crazy and that they absolutely would?

I mean, what are there like less than 100 regular posters here we all go in circles with? How many are freaking about Haskins right now, like 7 or 8 including one really loud idiot? 

Not saying you can extrapolate that across the fanbase. The people here are the hardcore overly emotional type, sure. You can't assume we're representative of the fanbase as a whole. 

I'm not sure how to quantify the entire Skins fanbase's reaction to Haskins tonight, but even here things are pretty positive and level-headed. There's always a vocal minority. 

Just now, BraveWarrior said:

You're going to be gentle? Should I say thanks? I'd just be happy with courteous, since I assume we all are here because we have at least one thing in common.

If people interpret my admiration for Marino as racist, that sounds like the ignorance is all on their side of the table.

What about the fact that I also admired Doug Williams, and that he played much in the same style I was talking about? 

All elephants are grey, but everything that’s grey isn’t an elephant.

17 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Dont give them the time of day  -JB- has been virtue signaling since your original post which had nothing to do w/ race.  Since you refused to entertain his allusions, he is now just stooping to making his own culturally insensitive comments.. 

Patrick Mahomes age 23 season statistically couldn’t be anymore identical to Dan Marino’s age 23 season if I made it up!  I find it wildly ironic that he would use Dan Marino as the “style” QB he truly enjoys as his reasoning for not likening Pat Mahomes style.  😂  You could legitimately argue that with Mahomes ridiculous arm and ability to literally make every single throw that he is IN FACT the Dan Marino of today’s game!!

5 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Not many prefer Big Ben to Pat Mahomes … 

Ben has a ring. 

Seriously though, prior to the Draft, there were people who liked Haskins who said he could be more of a pocket passer, and after our RGIII experience, I was okay hearing that. I made the Big Ben reference, because he's a big, sturdy guy who can stand in there and play that style without going on IR the first time he takes a hard hit.   

21 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Dont give them the time of day  -JB- has been virtue signaling since your original post which had nothing to do w/ race.  Since you refused to entertain his allusions, he is now just stooping to making his own culturally insensitive comments.. 

The guy keeps calling the best pocket passer in the league, who doesn't scramble, a scrambling QB running a college offense.

What could you possibly attribute that to other than the color of his skin, do you think? 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

The guy keeps calling the best pocket passer in the league, who doesn't scramble, a scrambling QB running a college offense.

What could you possibly attribute that to other than the color of his skin, do you think? 

If you’d rather have Big Ben than Pat Mahomes, & don’t know the chappelle show, you probably own a police scanner. 

5 minutes ago, volsmet said:

If you’d rather have Big Ben than Pat Mahomes, & don’t know the chappelle show, you probably own a police scanner. 

Oh, I know the show, I just don't watch it. Clearly, that makes one a racist. 

Also, show me where I said I'd rather have Ben over Pat. Right now, only a fool wouldn't want Pat running our offense.  

1 minute ago, BraveWarrior said:

Oh, I know the show, I just don't watch it. Clearly, that makes one a racist. 

5994BD9C-D4FF-4D82-BE2B-6C5161105CC3.gif

6 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Also, show me where I said I'd rather have Ben over Pat. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, BraveWarrior said:

Nope. I just prefer the Dan Marino type 

Mahomes is an amazing talent, but I feel like I'm watching a college offense when he plays. 

2 hours ago, BraveWarrior said:

I'm sick of these Mahomes, Tuas, Kyler Murrays being the next best things. I was really hoping Haskins could be a big Ben type

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, volsmet said:

5994BD9C-D4FF-4D82-BE2B-6C5161105CC3.gif

You're the one acting like a jackass, man. Even if someone is wrong about a player's style, so what? You've done nothing but make offensive racial generalizations in response after a fair initial point.  He's been respectful in return.  Time to lay off.

Most ppl who watch Alex Jones knew who Epstein was before you did, bro. And most of them don't like football because it's a distraction.  Not really about race.  And I say that as someone who mainly has seen meme clips of him only.  

And ultimately it's not your role to police whether someone likes qbs or QB play styles for the the right reasons.  

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

You're the one acting like a jackass, man. Even if someone is wrong about a player's style, so what? You've done nothing but make offensive racial generalizations in response after a fair initial point.  He's been respectful in return.  Time to lay off.

Mr Belding, it *would be impossible to quantify how little your thoughts mean to me. 

1 minute ago, BraveWarrior said:

Yeah, not proving much at all, other than you know how to infer things incorrectly. 

Nonsense. You said you’re sick of the Mahomes types & hoped Haskins was Big Ben. That is, to very clearly, say you prefer Big Ben to Pat Mahomes.

EFD39BCA-E7E3-4443-974D-A58577D02D1D.gif

2 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Yeah, what's going to happen when he gets his first start?

You’ll probably say something ridiculous... only to pretend you did not.

@volsmet @-JB- @BraveWarrior @ggarriso @ConnSKINS26 

No more posts that have anything to do with race in here for now. No penalties and I’m not saying some fair points weren’t being made, neither am I singling out anyone I @‘d above, but this isn’t going to be continued as it will only lead to further escalation. 

Anyone who responds or posts anything else about it from this moment on will receive some time off. If you’d like to continue the conversation take it to the Tailgate (at your own risk). 

Thanks. 

Not sure this link is right... The break down of the game.. Man i hate Gruden. 

Jones has every play a run, pitch, screen, or dink. Jay calls long developing routes knowing our line is weak. To me Haskins made some good throws. Nerves should look better with more reps- far to soon to be doomsdaying already.

Sprinkle cost us about 14 points imho- dropped a good fade, and showed zero effort during the pick 6. 

From here on out Id love to see growth from Haskins, coaches being fired, and more coaches being fired.

The talent on D is better then this.

The play calling on O needs to be adaptable... I could give 2 ****s if its gospel on paper- if personnel (like rookie qb with limited 1st team reps and 0 starts) dictates switching it up? for Pete's sake, at least try. 

A lot of pissin and moaning... Judging by the prediction thread we all knew this was happening.. Not going to let it bug me, like our playoff hopes weren't imaginary tbw.

Haskins wasn't ready. That was clear. There isn't a team in the league who gives its 3rd-string QB reps with the starters. When you have an established veteran as your starter, someone who already masters the offense, you have the luxury of giving your backups more reps with the 1's. That's what the Giants were able to do with Jones; plus he had come from a pro-style offense at that school in Durham. I want Haskins to be successful for us, but he needs to be patient. He also needs to stop reading the press, and start listening to the competent coaches on staff. At that post-game presser, I cringed when I heard him blame the poor timing on the lack of reps. Sure, that's a symptom of it, but you stay after practice and toss it around with the starters; work on some routes with them. Minshew did that in the off-season. Jones did that in the off-season. Haskins was busy trying to clean up simple QB mechanics. There's a REASON you didn't have reps with the 1's, son.

Archived