Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

5 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Sick of Mahomes?  That dude is one of the very best QB’s in the NFL.  Or is it something else you need to get off your chest?

Nope. I just prefer the Dan Marino type guy who takes his drop and then slings it anywhere on the field he wants. Marino couldn't run to save his life, but he could make all the throws and he was decisive; he usually wasn't sacked much because he got the ball out so fast. 

Mahomes is an amazing talent, but I feel like I'm watching a college offense when he plays. 

Just now, BraveWarrior said:

Nope. I just prefer the Dan Marino type guy who takes his drop and then slings it anywhere on the field he wants. Marino couldn't run to save his life, but he could make all the throws and he was decisive; he usually wasn't sacked much because he got the ball out so fast. 

Mahomes is an amazing talent, but I feel like I'm watching a college offense when he plays. 

Or maybe that u watching a college defense as he exposes them and makes them look silly?

2 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Mahomes has maybe the most unbelievable arm ever.  That is actually debatable.

Even more is that Mahomes has rushed 6 times for 10 yards through 4 games.  Just stop.  Just because he is half black doesn’t mean he’s a scrambling QB.  Let’s be honest here.

6 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Mahomes is the best and most valuable player in league. The straight pure drop back guys are soon going to be extinct.

I didn't say he doesn't have a great arm, so what's debatable?

Some people appreciate the art of purely distributing the ball, seeing the offense run as it’s drawn up ... but, it’s also something Clayton Bigsby might post. 

1 hour ago, Poindexter said:

I spent the weekend with the in-laws and fortunately didn't get to waste my time watching this game.....but watching this clip makes me feel much more positive about this outing.

Haskins has some tools.  He's a gun slinger and he can throw it from all types of angles.  I would play him the rest of the way.  The interceptions he had were not bad ones.  The Sprinkle pass was not very good but he was pressured in the pocket and didnt' get much help from Sprinkle in regards to separation.

The Vernon Davis pass at the end was more so on Vernon.  Haskins took his 3 step drop and let the ball go...Vernon was loafing on his route....finally the deep ball to Richardson was an out and up and Richardson got zero separation. 

Overall I saw a guy who is mobile, can throw it on the run, plays with confidence and he's only going to get better.  

Haskins needs to run more, he looked way more mobile than what people have been saying about him.

8 minutes ago, -JB- said:

If you think he has a great arm and he is purely a pocket QB who never runs then what are you saying about how you like your QB’s?

Just how you summed it up. I enjoyed Marino's ability to drop back, go through his reads quickly, and get it to his receivers wherever they were on the field. That's what most pro QBs did for decades, and he was probably the best ever in that style (though I guess Brady sort of fits that mold too, but Marino is on the top of many polls about who the best pure passer ever was).

I acknowledge the style is changing, and I know Mahomes is great at it. But I still prefer how Marino played.   

11 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Some people appreciate the art of purely distributing the ball, seeing the offense run as it’s drawn up ... but, it’s also something Clayton Bigsby might post. 

Don't know who Clayton Bigsby is, but yes, I did appreciate how Marino executed the playbook.  

I don't know what some of you expected from Haskins. The team is missing 3 offensive linemen. The starting TE and RB. No Mclaurin and he's our best WR. No time with the starters this week in practice. Well what's left of the starters. Let's face it, the team is complete garbage and I personally feel sorry for Haskins. 

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

I suspected as much. No one who prefers Dan Marino to Pat Mahomes knows who Clayton Bigsby is.

I didn't know him, but I do know how to use Google, so after looking him up, I'm assuming you see QB preferences as a racial issue. That's pretty ****ing stupid. I've been watching a sport that's made up of about 60% - 70% black players since the late 1970s. If I were a racist, why would I do that? 

10 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Just how you summed it up. I enjoyed Marino's ability to drop back, go through his reads quickly, and get it to his receivers wherever they were on the field. That's what most pro QBs did for decades, and he was probably the best ever in that style (though I guess Brady sort of fits that mold too, but Marino is on the top of many polls about who the best pure passer ever was).

I acknowledge the style is changing, and I know Mahomes is great at it. But I still prefer how Marino played.   

Don't know who Clayton Bigsby is, but yes, I did appreciate how Marino executed the playbook.  

So, you’d take Marino over Mahomes.  Marino is retired though.

Just now, BraveWarrior said:

I didn't know him, but I do know how to use Google, so after looking him up, I'm assuming you see QB preferences as a racial issue. That's pretty ****ing stupid. I've been watching a sport that's made up of about 60% - 70% black players since the late 1970s. If I were a racist, why would I do that? 

Why do racist southern redneck SEC football fans watch??

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

Instead we paid a guy that's on crutches for the next 2 years. 

I’d take Smith with the injury over Kirk. Even with the injury, you’re still not stuck starting Kirk. It’s amazing that there are still humans who don’t believe he’s terrible... if everyone could come to terms with that, it would be easier for everyone to understand that a terrible QB can move the ball with the right pieces & play calling. Bum QBs win all the time. 

New Orleans lost Brees before heading to Seattle & then facing Dallas ... 2-0. There are few irreplaceable pieces in the nfl, perhaps only one. 

Just now, -JB- said:

So, you’d take Marino over Mahomes.  Marino is retired though.

Wow, thanks for letting me know that. And here I just thought he's been on IR since 2000.

Again, I wasn't comparing the players. I made a simple statement about the styles different QBs have, and I that I liked Marino's pure passer better than the scrambling model that's coming over from college to the pro game.  

31 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

In what way though? You seem to lump several QBs as "scramblers", when only Murray really fits that model. Guys like Mahomes or Tua may be athletic, but they're not exactly scramblers. Certainly not like a Cam Newton or a josh Allen or a Lamar Jackson. Maybe if you compare them to an absolute statue QB like Dan Marino, sure. But Mahomes looks a lot like a John Elway. And Elway seems pretty "old school". Also pretty similar to Aaron Rodgers.

You'd have to ask them. I don't know any. 

Dont give them the time of day  -JB- has been virtue signaling since your original post which had nothing to do w/ race.  Since you refused to entertain his allusions, he is now just stooping to making his own culturally insensitive comments.. 

Archived