Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

If they bring in a new coach and he wants Tua they could always do like Arizona and draft their guy and trade the guy they don’t need anymore 🤷‍♂️

As much as I hate wasting a 1st, this is what I hope happens.  Give us Tua or Jalen Hurts and trade Haskins away.  If Haskins shows enough, still tank the season so some team will trade up with a lot of picks for the right to draft Tua or Jalen.

10 minutes ago, Mr. S said:

As much as I hate wasting a 1st, this is what I hope happens.  Give us Tua or Jalen Hurts and trade Haskins away.  If Haskins shows enough, still tank the season so some team will trade up with a lot of picks for the right to draft Tua or Jalen.

The Redskins aren’t smart enough to make any sound, logical, smart moves.  That’s just the cold hard truth.  

Who didn't see this coming?! Haskins had one full season as a starter in a simple offense designed strictly around having vastly superior athletes across the board. Look at the receivers and backs he played with, and look at his offense line. On the rare occasion his second read wasn't open, he could have had a cup of coffee waiting for someone to get open. Highlights usually don't tell us a whole lot, but if you watch his you'll see on about 2/3 of the time his windows were bigger than a Malibu mansion's 

He was never going to adjust to that steep a learning curve this early in his development despite his undeniable high end talent. I'm MUCH more concerned with the possibility of the call to play him being taken out of the head coach's hands. If that's really the case, the Redskins' future went from bleak to hopeless.  

The over-analyzing of haskins is nauseating. 

he got minimal reps. If any. We’re a bad team. With a coaching staff that’s worried about being fired on Monday. theres some talent on the team but the way things are going identifying it is a fools errand. 

Let the kid play and let’s worry about how good he is next year when we have a new gm and coaching staff

Unless we don’t get a new gm and coaching staff. 

in which case it doesn’t even matter. 

Can we tank this year and next so we are in position to get Trevor Lawrence? 

I'm sick of these Mahomes, Tuas, Kyler Murrays being the next best things. I was really hoping Haskins could be a big Ben type, able to stay in the pocket and absorb hits while still delivering ball, and running just when he has to in order to extend plays. Call me old fashioned, but I still prefer pocket passers. Haskins may develop into that, especially if we can protect him better. But Trevor looks like he's going to be a sure thing; he still has to play 2 years in college, but he already almost looks pro ready. He's going to be something in 2021.  

Remember when folks thought this fan base wouldn't give up on Haskins at the first sign of struggle and I said they were crazy and that they absolutely would?

Remember when I said that Haskins wasn't ready and that if we weren't such a **** ****ing team, a proper development of Haskins would mean redshirting him this season but that yeah, we're a **** ****ing team and he's going to have to come into a horrible situation and either sink or swim?

This is such a god damn awful situation for Haskins.  A sub par team full of losers led by idiots and snakes.  Really hoping the old football truism that bad franchises don't make franchise quarterbacks makes an exception in our case.  If Haskins pans out, it'll be in spite of his situation, not because of it.

a lot of stuff here including about sitting Haskins and the backdrop on that, Alex Smith and a lot more.  Hoffman I know from listening to him is fairly plugged in with certain Redskins scouts.  He typically has the best info about their intentions in the draft among other things.   Worth a read IMO.  It's not negative on Haskins at all.   Hoffman just explains some of the context on that and other things.  Is he right or wrong?  Don't know.  But a lot of what he says overlap what others have said. 

Generally speaking, there are two types of opinion commenters on Dwayne Haskins since he entered the NFL.

1.  The profile of the first type is a guy, probably around 20-25 years old,  who plays lots of video games like Madden and likes fantasy football and watches ESPN a lot..  This person has determined Dwayne Haskins' QB skill and NFL potential solely on his final stats summary of his 1 year in college and has deemed him a future star in the NFL.   This person has done very little research other than reciting the stats of Haskins at OSU.  Some well known (albeit older) people in this category include Stephen A Smith (a tv personality who does not break down game play of individual players, he just reads stat lines and bases his opinion on that), Max Kellerman (same as Stephen A Smith), Mike Greenberg (same as Stephen A Smith) all of whom helped create a buzz around the player both pre and post NFL draft that whetted the appetite of impressionable Redskins supporters and, of course,  the owner of the Washington Redskins and the only man associated with the first 15 teams of the 2019 NFL draft who wanted Haskins.  Other supporters include former front office employee Louis Riddick who works in TV and doesn't run a football team for a reason.

2.  The 2nd type of person heard about Dwayne Haskins as the draft approached, heard some TV personalities talking him up, heard about his out-of-this-world QB stats from a year ago and then decided to do what the kiddies watching ESPN and playing video games dont do:  some of us decided to investigate to see *HOW* Dwayne Haskins produced those 5,000 yards passing 50 TDs and 70% completion percentage at OSU.  On Youtube, for example, do you know there is at least 7 of his starts from last year that conveniently have parsed out everything but the point of the offensive snap for every pass play in each game?   These videos, a link to one of them is below, are roughly only 10 minutes long and you can see every single pass play Haskins executed in the game.  In other words, you can watch his performance and a get a feel for his ability quickly without taking in a 3 hour game.  

During the summer, while the kids in group #1 were wasting their time playing their video games, I was wasting mine by literally scoring every single pass play from Haskins by watching it a couple of times over and simply recording the result of the play.  Yes, this doesnt take into account everything.  I understand this.  Im not evaluating the defensive coverage scheme.  I dont know the play call in advance.  But what I did gives me a whole lot better standing for my opinion than those who are in group #1 who didnt do ANYTHING to form theirs other than believe Max Kellerman of all people.  So I notated every single pass play, recorded each one by pass length and down & distance.  What this did for me was it gave me a better understanding about that 70& completion percentage that I saw so many little kiddies in the first group (also Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman) bragging about.

The games I remember looking at from Haskins a year ago were:
Penn State

Michigan

Michigan State

Washington (bowl game)
TCU
Maryland

Nebraska

These are stats totaled in 4 of those games after I broke his pass plays down into distance travelled categories:

His completion percentage on BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE PASSES:
57-72, 79%
his completion percentage on mid range throws, your NFL bread and butter routes,  between 6 and 20 yards:
28-58, 48%   (bad)
his completion percentage on long throws 21 yards and longer was
4-15, 27% (bad)
a fav category of mine, 3rd down conversions through the air was
11-39, 28%!!!!!!!!!!!  GARBAGE!

These were from the Penn State, Michigan State, Washington, and Michigan games.  (I had the other 3 games scored but I lost my notes for them.  They were any better, that's all I remember).  So, when you look closer, you don't see a 1st round talent.  What I saw was a guy playing on a top 5 college football program with elite talent around him where he threw a bunch of dinks and dunks (the majority of his throws were less than 10 yards in the air, many were BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE altogether).  This is what comprised his hefty completion percentage that some kids brag about.  I also saw when he went down the field, he was AWFUL.  Tim Tebow awful.  They both excelled in the same college offense but couldnt play in the NFL.  Haskins game is different he has a better arm than Tebow but he's just as inaccurate and that wont change.  

Also, every single pass play, EVERY SINGLE ONE, was in shotgun in college.  And on 3rd down, he was ATROCIOUS throwing the football.

Now, all of this means NOTHING to the kid in group 1.  .  he doesnt like facts, doesnt want to hear the truth and most importantly, he wants to think that the redskins have a future because they have their QB.  But, the reality is, not only do they not have a good current team, but they have no future either because Haskins isnt the answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRSwDh8E49o

45 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Miami Trading up with us to get Tua would be a beautiful thing, make them use all of those assets they’ve acquired to get their guy.

I am with you on this if we can some how get that 1st pick we are in business. What could ruin this is that Reed, Williams, Scherff,Guice and Scary Terry all come back strong with Haskins development towards the end of the year and we win a few games.Thats why I hope we have a fire sell soon starting with Williams and Scherff. We need this front office to give us a direction already.

1 hour ago, skins2victory said:

All I know is we are definitely going to be in the running for the top pick. If we get a shot at Tua we better not pass on him just because we took Haskins in the first the year before. Tua is going to be Mahomes-ish. So far Haskins looks Jamarcus Russel-ish. 

wow.. to compare haskins to a fat lazy qb who had no work ethic, you're just totally off w/ that post.

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Miami Trading up with us to get Tua would be a beautiful thing, make them use all of those assets they’ve acquired to get their guy.

And from at least what their beat guys say (especially Omar Kelly) some of whom I've followed closely over the years -- they'd happily give up a kings ransom to trade up for Tua.  Part of the idea of stockpiling picks according to some of them is in case they need to use them to trade up to get Tua.

I've been bemoaning the idea in my head about having tickets already to the Dolphins game in 2 weeks but am starting to think it's the game of the year potentially.   😀

It just sucks that if this kid is that much of a project that people felt the need to "protect" him, maybe we should have gone in a different direction. I know the Alex Smith situation made us desperate, but at this point we'd have been better off taking that Uncle Rico guy the Jaguars got late in the draft, and used earlier picks on more sure things. (Of course, a lot of teams passed repeatedly on Uncle Rico, but he had good numbers and played well in college. Just not enough scouts looked into him.) 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Omar Kelly

giphy.gif

Omar is a guy I came across because of his trashing of Rosen, I want to create a twitter account just to crush that guy.

13 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

Generally speaking, there are two types of opinion commenters on Dwayne Haskins since he entered the NFL.

1.  The profile of the first type is a guy, probably around 20-25 years old,  who plays lots of video games like Madden and likes fantasy football and watches ESPN a lot..  This person has determined Dwayne Haskins' QB skill and NFL potential solely on his final stats summary of his 1 year in college and has deemed him a future star in the NFL.   This person has done very little research other than reciting the stats of Haskins at OSU.  Some well known (albeit older) people in this category include Stephen A Smith (a tv personality who does not break down game play of individual players, he just reads stat lines and bases his opinion on that), Max Kellerman (same as Stephen A Smith), Mike Greenberg (same as Stephen A Smith) all of whom helped create a buzz around the player both pre and post NFL draft that whetted the appetite of impressionable Redskins supporters and, of course,  the owner of the Washington Redskins and the only man associated with the first 15 teams of the 2019 NFL draft who wanted Haskins.  Other supporters include former front office employee Louis Riddick who works in TV and doesn't run a football team for a reason.

2.  The 2nd type of person heard about Dwayne Haskins as the draft approached, heard some TV personalities talking him up, heard about his out-of-this-world QB stats from a year ago and then decided to do what the kiddies watching ESPN and playing video games dont do:  some of us decided to investigate to see *HOW* Dwayne Haskins produced those 5,000 yards passing 50 TDs and 70% completion percentage at OSU.  On Youtube, for example, do you know there is at least 7 of his starts from last year that conveniently have parsed out everything but the point of the offensive snap for every pass play in each game?   These videos, a link to one of them is below, are roughly only 10 minutes long and you can see every single pass play Haskins executed in the game.  In other words, you can watch his performance and a get a feel for his ability quickly without taking in a 3 hour game.  

During the summer, while the kids in group #1 were wasting their time playing their video games, I was wasting mine by literally scoring every single pass play from Haskins by watching it a couple of times over and simply recording the result of the play.  Yes, this doesnt take into account everything.  I understand this.  Im not evaluating the defensive coverage scheme.  I dont know the play call in advance.  But what I did gives me a whole lot better standing for my opinion than those who are in group #1 who didnt do ANYTHING to form theirs other than believe Max Kellerman of all people.  So I notated every single pass play, recorded each one by pass length and down & distance.  What this did for me was it gave me a better understanding about that 70& completion percentage that I saw so many little kiddies in the first group (also Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman) bragging about.

You watch a lot of daytime espn.

56 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Can we tank this year and next so we are in position to get Trevor Lawrence? 

I'm sick of these Mahomes, Tuas, Kyler Murrays being the next best things. I was really hoping Haskins could be a big Ben type, able to stay in the pocket and absorb hits while still delivering ball, and running just when he has to in order to extend plays. Call me old fashioned, but I still prefer pocket passers. Haskins may develop into that, especially if we can protect him better. But Trevor looks like he's going to be a sure thing; he still has to play 2 years in college, but he already almost looks pro ready. He's going to be something in 2021.  

Sick of Mahomes?  That dude is one of the very best QB’s in the NFL.  Or is it something else you need to get off your chest?

14 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

I am with you on this if we can some how get that 1st pick we are in business. What could ruin this is that Reed, Williams, Scherff,Guice and Scary Terry all come back strong with Haskins development towards the end of the year and we win a few games.Thats why I hope we have a fire sell soon starting with Williams and Scherff. We need this front office to give us a direction already.

Reed and Williams aren't coming back and we aren't winning **** with the other 3 anyways.

4 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

It just sucks that if this kid is that much of a project that people felt the need to "protect" him, maybe we should have gone in a different direction. I know the Alex Smith situation made us desperate, but at this point we'd have been better off taking that Uncle Rico guy the Jaguars got late in the draft, and used earlier picks on more sure things. (Of course, a lot of teams passed repeatedly on Uncle Rico, but he had good numbers and played well in college. Just not enough scouts looked into him.) 

Disconnect between ownership & the staff, I doubt Haskins would be here if he didn’t go to HS at Bullis. 

4 minutes ago, volsmet said:

You watch a lot of daytime espn.

i dont even have ESPN.  But you are clearly on the Haskins & Haskins marketing team.  Are you the father?  What about your son's terrible 3rd down conversion rate at OSU?  Or your son's terrible completion percentage on passes travelling more than 8 yards in the air?

Just now, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

i dont even have ESPN.  But you are clearly on the Haskins & Haskins marketing team.  Are you the father?  What about your son's terrible 3rd down conversion rate at OSU?  Or your son's terrible completion percentage on passes travelling more than 8 yards in the air?

You’ve been parroting points I made about DH in February.

DH was coached by friends of family though. 

Is anyone other than McLaurin and Scherff on this whole freaking team even playing well?  This is stunningly bad coaching we've seen through the first quarter of the season.  Everything is broken.  The players are all out there playing demoralized and lobatimized.  It is absolutely horrible to watch.  I would honestly prefer the forfeited the New England game than to see these dead dog players crawl through another beatdown where they will be hopelessly unprepared and outclassed.

This is like the 2013 Chiefs game all over again.

Archived