Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not at all surprised that Keenum was announced starter.

But a little surprised he didn't wait longer to announce it.

So Haskins is the #2.

Wonder if this means Colt could be cut.

Agreed but we need a back up, Im not comfortable with 2 QB's on th roster after last season. And don't say Jalen McClendon

6 hours ago, benskins26 said:

I’m fine with it IF Haskins is 2nd, and colt is cut. If they yank Keenum at 0-4 and put in Colt, I’m done with this staff

But if we are 0-4 bc the QB doesn't have time to throw and is constantly getting hit/pressured, is that the scenario you want Haskins entering into?  

I'm hoping the situation takes care of itself from here on out.  If the offensive line holds up, and the offense is moving the ball, and the skins are winning some games, they have no need to remove keenum this year.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If the line is a disaster, the QB is getting pummeled, the offense can't move the ball, and the skins are losing games, I'm hoping its painfully obvious putting in your green QB of the future is not a good idea.

The worst scenario in my opinion: a mixed bag on offense, with some wins and losses, and an injury to keenum.  The offense shows ability to move the ball at times, but also has protection issues and leads to QB hits.  We have a 500 record and the coaching staff feels we could challenge for a playoff spot, and gruden starts to feel the warmth of his seat, and puts Haskins in behind a struggling oline, and the offense regresses due to his inexperience, and DH gets hit often.  I'm hoping we can avoid this, but I think Murphy was a Redskins fan, and I can't help but thinkwhat can go wrong, will go wrong.

11 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

DeShaun Watson is next and it kills me.  Hurt so bad he had to take a bus to travel.

These guys are the toughest athletes in team sports and they're getting worn out.  Having a functional offensive line is a big deal.  Making sure your QB is ready to set his protections and read blitzes before you run him out there to get his head taken off is a big deal.  The longer we can sit Haskins, the better it will be for him.

I have little sympathy...you get QB's getting 58 Mil, 80 Mil and taking higher % of cap space they have to live (rather Die) on the fact that the money is not there for supporting casts...Brady IS smart enough to realize that...and make money by volume than over 3 years...

tahts why I hate this "renegotiation" crap while under contract..

I honestly don’t know how anyone can be logically upset about this. I understand the excitement of a shiny new toy but we’re not winning this year, we can all agree that he’s not ready and we can all agree that the OL is more a liability than any other unit on this team. We’ve seen what happened with Campbell and Ramsey and Rg3, why do we want a repeat of any of their careers??

Yup, we all saw this coming.

Games that Keenum gets a pass on (Chicago, New England).  But only if he performs well, even with a loss, against the division rivals.  I can see him sticking around at 1-4, but the offense has to be showing something good.  Otherwise 2-3 is the only way he survives heading into Miami.

Why do we have a week 3 game against the Bears on Monday Night Football?  How does that make sense?  Bears D against who at QB?  It's like the schedule makers had a brain fart back in April.  ESPN must hate that they couldn't get a better matchup.

So if Keenum goes 0-3, it's going to be really hard to bench him for Haskins on a short week.  Only 6 days to prep for the next game with a rookie QB if that's to be his next start?

8 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Why do we have a week 3 game against the Bears on Monday Night Football?  How does that make sense?  Bears D against who at QB?  It's like the schedule makers had a brain fart back in April.  ESPN must hate that they couldn't get a better matchup.

No Sunday Night games two years in a row.  This time no 4 pm games either.  Wow.   I get this is a team that obviously the NFL people think do not draw viewers but MNF games at home are somewhat cruel considering the history here with them.   Maybe part of the drill is to see if they can keep losing these MNF games for curiosity sake?  🙄  We got a couple of segments on ESPN after a recent MNF loss including a spot on First Take where Stephen Smith said the Redskins should be banned from MNF.  

On 8/25/2019 at 2:33 AM, Veryoldschool said:

Luck is so beat up he is going to retire when he's 29 and should be in his prime as a QB.  I don't want Haskins rushed on the field before he's ready and have his career cut short like Luck's.

So what do you propose they do when Keenum stinks up the joint in a game and McCoy is still injured?  Sign another veteran and start them?

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

No Sunday Night games two years in a row.  This time no 4 pm games either.  Wow.   I get this is a team that obviously the NFL people think do not draw viewers but MNF games at home are somewhat cruel considering the history here with them.   Maybe part of the drill is to see if they can keep losing these MNF games for curiosity sake?  🙄  We got a couple of segments on ESPN after a recent MNF loss including a spot on First Take where Stephen Smith said the Redskins should be banned from MNF.  

Ouch.

Every team is required at least 1 primetime game, but usually they shove two teams with questionmarks onto TNF instead.

Only way the MNF game becomes worth it is if the NFL thinks it'll be a defensive showdown.  Given that the Bears defense is a clear tier above us, I doubt that.

16 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

We’ve seen what happened with Campbell and Ramsey and Rg3, why do we want a repeat of any of their careers??

I 100% think that this organization is run by people who couldn't organize a trip to the toilet let alone run a football organization, but this myth that Griffin, Campbell, and Ramsey were ruined by this organization doesn't make any sense to me.  Campbell was given chance after chance after chance with this team and it never clicked.  Guess what happened when he went to a different organization?  Benched for Bruce Gradkowski.  Same with Griffin.  He's with a much better ran organization now, and he's relegated to being a backup.  And Ramsey was never going to be a good NFL QB no matter what line we had at the time.  

28 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I 100% think that this organization is run by people who couldn't organize a trip to the toilet let alone run a football organization, but this myth that Griffin, Campbell, and Ramsey were ruined by this organization doesn't make any sense to me.  Campbell was given chance after chance after chance with this team and it never clicked.  Guess what happened when he went to a different organization?  Benched for Bruce Gradkowski.  Same with Griffin.  He's with a much better ran organization now, and he's relegated to being a backup.  And Ramsey was never going to be a good NFL QB no matter what line we had at the time.  

RE: Campbell. I agree. He had chances. He never took advantage (though he was never as bad as many say, he wasn't good.

RE: Griffin. Jury is out. He's relegated to a back-up for the time being. But I think Lamar Jackson is a ticking time bomb. Griffin is probably the better QB, and if he has learned at all about not running the second things get tense, he may still come out of this whole thing as a starting QB in the NFL. However, I don't think Griffin is a case of playing too soon... He was the best of two rookie options on the roster (which sticks to my personal: Best QB plays) at the time, and then he wasn't a few years down the road and Cousins took over. He got injured because of his playstyle (which I suppose you can blame on coaching), but it's clearly also his instinct to run when nothing is there.

RE: Ramsey. This is a case, in my opinion, of getting him beat up and gun shy and ruining his career. Ramsey was similar to Haskins in a lot of ways (don't think he's as talented), but he really needed some time. He was rushed, behind a bad line, and then he got completely gunshy. 

There is no one sized fits all. But if you go with the mantra of "play the best QB" I think your decision can always be backed with reasoning and logic.

Archived