Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

As I said in the draft thread, no matter how good of a QB Fields may otherwise be on another team in this league, he will bust if he is drafted here.  We definitely need to go the FA QB route if we're not picking #1 overall.

I don't share the sour narrative of how they handled Haskins.  That's on Danny boy, IMO not Rivera.  Maybe our next QB will be allowed to be picked by the actual football people in that front office -- now that would be functional not the mess behind the Haskins selection.  We will trade Haskins I'd bet and he will be "meh" elsewhere.  Will see. 

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Do the previous 25+ years mean nothing to you?

Of course.

But each regime is a new dynamic. The next QB drafted is the first that isn't a part of the Allen or Cerrato regime. Now, of course, Snyder is a consistent problem... but he's behaving due to the issues he's facing at the moment. So if that continues there's no reason to believe they can't develop a guy that they select and want to work with.

If Snyder is involved? Sure. The last 25+ years come way into play. 

Just now, Heisenberg said:

Why? She is a team spokesperson at this point.

Because she has a track record of being accurate with her team news and because I’ve seen her deal with dip**** fans on twitter with maturity and class. And she often acknowledges the team’s faults, the organization’s faults and even her own faults. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't share the sour grapes narrative of how they handled Haskins.  That's on Danny boy, IMO not Rivera.  Maybe our next QB will be allowed to be picked by that actual football people in that front office -- now that would be functional not the mess behind the Haskins selection.  We will trade Haskins I bet he will be "meh" elsewhere.  Will see. 

It's not just the mishandling of the Haskins' situation.  It's 25+ years of proof that we cannot develop a rookie QB enough to sustain long-term success within this organization.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Of course.

But each regime is a new dynamic. The next QB drafted is the first that isn't a part of the Allen or Cerrato regime. Now, of course, Snyder is a consistent problem... but he's behaving due to the issues he's facing at the moment. So if that continues there's no reason to believe they can't develop a guy that they select and want to work with.

If Snyder is involved? Sure. The last 25+ years come way into play. 

And, Snyder is front and center of the Haskins pick by every account.    Doubling down on having Dan being our lead scout to me is the ultimate dysfunction. 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Doesn't mean you stop trying. You gotta keep taking QBs until you find your guy.

It's throwing away 1st round picks, which hollows out your roster.  Recognize you can't draft and develop a QB, and go the FA route.  Plenty of teams have won Superbowls with FA QBs.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It's throwing away 1st round picks, which hollows out your roster.  Recognize you can't draft and develop a QB, and go the FA route.  Plenty of teams have won Superbowls with FA QBs.

For the record, I'm not opposed to going the FA route. But it depends where we pick. 

Oh ****. Watching Dallas. Dak's ankle is sideways. Dude is DONE. Holy cow. The way he was sitting there and holding it... all calm... He was in total shock. 

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think it's silly to assume the team can't handle a rookie QB because of the handling of Haskins. 

But they absolutely need to address the OL or the new guy is DOA. 

Shuler? Ramsey? Campbell? RGIII?

At some point maybe it’s not them it’s us.

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Shuler? Ramsey? Campbell? RGIII?

At some point maybe it’s not them it’s us.

Shuler was not as good as we thought. Ramsey wasn't protected. Campbell was too risk averse. Griffin wasn't great with reads and thought he should be a pocket guy... Shanahan didn't help that.

I don't think we've drafted an ideal QB yet.

Dak crying is heartbreaking, by the way.

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It's not just the mishandling of the Haskins' situation.  It's 25+ years of proof that we cannot develop a rookie QB enough to sustain long-term success within this organization.

But also, yeah, this regime totally and immediately ****ed up with Haskins.  That does nothing to suggest they'll get it right with the next quarterbacks.  The regime has been pretty terrible since they were hired.  They've made a bad team worse and there is no discernible improvement in competitiveness or culture.  Still the same ****ing WFT politics being played too.

24 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't know why everyone is hoping to watch us to flush Trevor Lawrence's football career down the toilet too.  If we get the #1 pick he needs to go back to Clemson.

Do you WANT us to have a great QB? Or just have every QB worth a **** to go back to their schools because we might ruin them? 

me, I hope for someone to work out one of these years 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

New coach.  New guy heading personnel. 

With respect to some of the pro Haskins people here including yourself because I agree with you guys on a lot of other things -- its hard for me not to think that emotion is driving the thinking here -- because I just see zero logic to double down on having Dan's assessement of the Qb position or any position to drive this process.  Because that's really the bottom line.  It doesn't matter IMO if you agree with Dan's opinion on that player.   If Rivera sees it one way and Kyle Smith sees it the same way -- that's all the matters IMO. 

if we are going to back Dan to mess with personnel every time we share the same man crush on a player, its unhealthy IMO as to building a team.  It doesn't matter whether we agree with him or not.  The bottom line is you don't want to empower the owner to believe he has every right to override his football people whenever he forms a man crush on a guy.  That's how we end up with McNabb.  And M. Kelly instead of Jordy Nelson.  On and on. 

That is a big part of the 20 year plus bad run.  The owner interfering where he shouldn't be.  And riding Haskins through thick and thin if the HC doesn't want to do it -- adds to that dysfunction.   This move helps put a stop to the dysfunction.  And that goes double if Rivera thinks Haskins doesn't help the culture. 

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

But also, yeah, this regime totally and immediately ****ed up with Haskins.  That does nothing to suggest they'll get it right with the next quarterbacks.  The regime has been pretty terrible since they were hired.  They've made a bad team worse and there is no discernible improvement in competitiveness or culture.  Still the same ****ing WFT politics being played too.

You're too smart for this take. 

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Maybe he shouldn’t have turned down 35 mil a year then.

100%. While I'm sure (hope) he purchased insurance..he absolutely should not have turned it down. Hindsight and Foresight being 20/20.

Archived