Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

wow... Im surprised.  Obviously he hasn't played well but it does seem early.  There has to be things going on in practice or?  This isn't just about game day IMO.  

How will Allen do? HMMMMM

Guess we will be shopping for a new QB and/or drafting one.  Some things change....

I’m not sure I fully agree with the move to start Allen, to be honest. At least not yet. Unless the idea is that either he’s much better or worse and it’s either dooming for Haskins or a major help to him.

I don’t think this is the place I’d change unless the motivation was Aaron Donald. If Allen does well it’s obvious he’s a better fit. If he does poorly it could mean it’s not Haskins.

I have to wonder what happened behind the scenes with this change as well. They said the other day Haskins would start. 

And really, that’s probably why I wouldn’t have changed this week. Once I said Haskins would start I don’t want to back off from it. 

I’m sure the agent tweeting has something to do with this but obviously that’s conjecture. As well as not listening to a coach saying to throw it in the end zone. 

I'm fairly surprised--but I just read Mark Bullock's review of the game and wow, Haskins was bad. He missed all kind of opportunities. So, onward and upward. I might be on the Trey Lance bandwagon now for the draft--since I don't think we'll be as bad as the Jets to get Lawrence.

I also think there's more behind the scenes too, given his Agent's tweets.

Drama GIF | Gfycat

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I have to wonder what happened behind the scenes with this change as well. They said the other day Haskins would start. 

Yeah Something must have happened. Obviously the agent isn't helping but there has to be something more to this.  Originally Ron was high on Haskins then all the sudden it was a 180.  I think something must have been said or done to make Ron switch like that.  Haskins seemed to play better this past Sunday than he did the previous Sunday (well at least no turnovers) so its not his play in games it seems.  Practice and/or off field issues?

Second QB in a row organization wasnt on the same page with drafting and ruined.  

This after both times folks wanted to lose to get higher picks so they could get them. 

I dont EVER want to hear about tanking for a QB again, we cannot develop one, jus go get a veteran. 

Haskins can be a good QB in this league he needs to learn on the bench though.  He is green and needs time this is a good thing.  Also we need to see Kyle Allen to evaluate him as well.  I think they should of had a 2 QB rotation the first 4 games just like preseason.  

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Second QB in a row organization wasnt on the same page with drafting and ruined.  

This after both times folks wanted to lose to get higher picks so they could get them. 

I dont EVER want to hear about tanking for a QB again, we cannot develop one, jus go get a veteran. 

How about offensive linemen? **** Sandwich for Sewell?

The common thread to both QBs? Snyder was the driving force behind both. We did develop Cousins though, when Gruden put his foot down.

Dropped him to 3rd string inactive.  Wow.  That's rough.  There's gotta be more to this story that they don't like.

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Wow... Haskins not even active... He must have done something to piss off the organization for this to happen like this.  It appears he is done in Washington.

That's what I'm thinking.  Like something behind the scenes that we haven't been hearing about.  This feels like more than simple ineffectiveness.

Wow.  Extremely disappointed in this move.  So disappointed.  To the point something better  have happened behind the scenes or I'm extremely frustrated with Ron.  

2 weeks ago we are not calling timeouts because of lack of preseason and being cautious about injuries.

Yet, we won't let our young QB develop without a preseason.  I get frustrated with the losses too.  But lets remember Kyle Allen looked just like Dwayne has, last year.  OH, and by the way, our ****ty offense beat the panthers with KA at the helm last year.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Dropped him to 3rd string inactive.  Wow.  That's rough.  There's gotta be more to this story that they don't like.

Yeah Shanny was saying its probably something off the field. I wonder about the agent tweets, but that was after rumors started coming out. So its probably something more. This is the complete opposite of everything Rivera said all offseason about Haskins with the one exception that Allen would have started one preseason game, but Haskins did nothing to lose the job, especially on Sunday. If this had happened after Cleveland maybe I can understand it, but ok. 

Lets see how well Allen does. 

Archived