Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, owa said:

Once we build our fanbase around better fans I think all of this will pay off.

Holy **** dude you are ****ing hilarious!!!

How do you presume that the Redskins are going to attract BETTER fans? :rofl89:

15 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I’m a closer. 

Lol dawg stop 

Maybe he misspoke and really only meant that he's CLOSE! Like Bruce.

But that **** is funny. What did he do anyway? I don't remember his 4th quarter heroics.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

I doubt Keenum was bothered by it, but it is still a bad look. 

I don't recall seeing backups go in to the game solely to take the knee, but maybe I'm mistaken. 

The commentators said Haskins was too busy celebrating with the fans in the stand. Taking selfies and all. If that is the case then yes the optics look bad. But really not a big deal if the players don't care or mind it. 

40 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Flailing around and averaging 25 yards passing per quarter, and finally managed to do something meaningful in the 4th, while still not scoring a touchdown, does not make you a "closer". 

And closing out the game taking selfies does not make you a "closer" as well. Too much like RG3 so far, l hope that changes.

1 hour ago, owa said:

I think the current fanbase it pretty much hopeless.  Too many years of being brainwashed by the post and lousy play by the team on the field.  I don't think they (the current so called fans) will come around no matter what as long as Synder is owner.  I think we need to gain new fans from the team's play and some success. 

And where are these new fans coming from?  Mars?  

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

The commentators said Haskins was too busy celebrating with the fans in the stand. Taking selfies and all. If that is the case then yes the optics look bad. But really not a big deal if the players don't care or mind it. 

I don’t know if anyone in the team cares but the optics aren’t good. Yahoo front page. 

B6D28D04-B7CD-4D0E-9395-FE592D826100.png

Haskins looked bad at moments, but he showed promising flashes of what he could do. Obviously he made some key mistakes, but there is room for improvement. The end of the game selfie thing looks bad, but I hope that the coaching staff or one of the vets talks to him and it doesn't happen again. He's young and excited about his first win, so it's a bit understandable.

47 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Flailing around and averaging 25 yards passing per quarter, and finally managed to do something meaningful in the 4th, while still not scoring a touchdown, does not make you a "closer". 

Wait until he tries closing against a team NOT named the Detroit Lions.

Ok. I dint know what fans were watching about Haskins with the press conference. I thought his last two answers were excellent. Taking about Terry believing in him and putting his arm around him, changing the culture, etc. Then on the answer about Slay being a good corner and so if he missed, he'd miss long and outside. It explains what I thought I was seeing in the film. He was missing his guys but with the exception of one ball to Harmon, his balls were pretty much going to be to his guys or nobody. 

Saying “I’m a closer” was stupid.  Taking a selfie when he’s supposed to be on the field was really stupid.  

it’s a mistake to do a lot of stupid things publicly when playing well, doing it while playing as badly as he has invites a backlash.  It’s going to rub people the wrong way and it’s going to get thrown back in his face when he struggles.  Continues to struggle, that is, because for most of the game today he was terrible.  

im rooting for the guy because he’s QB for the redskins, but this stuff isn’t helping him.  Just watch what happens if he has a bad 4th quarter next game.  

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Man, I wish these “boycott” fans would just hurry up and cut the cord.

Good riddance.

Boycott Fans and "I'm miserable so everyone else must be too" fans arent the same thing.  Im getting myself a Haskins jersey for the giants game.

29 minutes ago, Destino said:

Saying “I’m a closer” was stupid.  Taking a selfie when he’s supposed to be on the field was really stupid.  

it’s a mistake to do a lot of stupid things publicly when playing well, doing it while as badly as he has invites a backlash.  It’s going to rub people the wrong way and it’s going to get thrown back in his face when he struggles.  Continues to struggle, that is, because for most of the game today he was terrible.  

im rooting for the guy because he’s QB for the redskins, but this stuff isn’t helping him.  Just watch what happens if he has a bad 4th quarter next game.  

All I can hope for is this works out.  Theres a lot I like and dont like, but being from here I hope has something of the same type of emotional investment some of us do.  I'll put up with a lot until I see that change.

Just saw the “I’m a closer” line.

Ill give my full take tomorrow in the next day thread because I need to sleep...

But...

:ols: :ols:

He says that as he misses the closing moment of the game. Good Lord man, do something good for yourself and stop talking about yourself. 

Im literally laughing out loud. 

:ols:

Archived