Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

Somebody needs to throat punch Joe Theismann.

Sorry THEESMAN, not taking grammatical advice from anyone who changed the pronunciation of his last name to rhyme with Heisman. What should he have said...

"The league hath made an error!"

Give him 7 and pipe it down Joe. 

Theismann is nothing but a blowhard. He was a great player for the Redskins 35 years ago.  His post football career has been nothing but nonsensical quote after nonsensical quote. He has diarrhea of the mouth and rarely makes any sense. But since he was a great player, fans think that when he speaks others should listen. 

Frustrating on this side as a Redskin fan to see people say Jones is a gentleman for how he reacted to all this in comparison to Haskins and his "League gonna pay" statement. Haskins got the raw deal here because film and stats wise he got screwed but Jones is look at as more composed. I hope Haskins and times shut those people up in the long run on the field...

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If so many people agree he's the best QB in the draft, why was it, that from the beginning to end, Arizona and everyone analyzing Arizona, were so immovably resolute about them having Murray ?

Was it all because of Kingsbury's 'relationship' ?

Murray is a dynamic talent. The upside is enormous with him. But the downside is huge too due to his size.

Haskins is a safer prospect. I don't think he'll completely suck. At worst he'll be a guy who bounces around the league but there is also a pretty good chance he'll be at the least an above average QB. But he doesn't sizzle the way Murray does since he's more of a traditional pocket passer.

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If so many people agree he's the best QB in the draft, why was it, that from the beginning to end, Arizona and everyone analyzing Arizona, were so immovably resolute about them having Murray ?

Was it all because of Kingsbury's 'relationship' ?

Patrick Mahomes 2017. 

Baker Mayfield 2018.

people want to replicate the recent success, thinking they can get a step ahead of the game. But pocket passers rule this league. 

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Qbs run now

They used to a lot more than they do now as well before Slinging Sammy Baugh came onto the field, when they saw that the forward pass was much faster and got more yards than running it. I could be mistaken in that, if so, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

47 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

Theismann is nothing but a blowhard. He was a great player for the Redskins 35 years ago.  His post football career has been nothing but nonsensical quote after nonsensical quote. He has diarrhea of the mouth and rarely makes any sense. But since he was a great player, fans think that when he speaks others should listen. 

What did Theismann say about Haskins?

27 minutes ago, FS#21 said:

Frustrating on this side as a Redskin fan to see people say Jones is a gentleman for how he reacted to all this in comparison to Haskins and his "League gonna pay" statement. Haskins got the raw deal here because film and stats wise he got screwed but Jones is look at as more composed. I hope Haskins and times shut those people up in the long run on the field...

Hopefully, Haskins kills it for a decade or more but I think it would've been smarter for him to keep the tiger in the cage by silently filing this "slight" away and using it as a source of motivation rather wasting the fuel of his frustration by expressing it.  I remember Rosen saying something along these lines when he fell to Phoenix.  

8 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

What did Theismann say about Haskins?

Made a stupid comment about grammar, and that maybe he should focus on correct pronunciation... blah blah blah. Honestly, I can’t renember a time he didn’t have nothing to say. 

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Made a stupid comment about grammar, and that maybe he should focus on correct pronunciation... blah blah blah. Honestly, I can’t renember a time he didn’t have nothing to say. 

I’ll have to go look it up, didn’t hear about that.

Haskins is by far the best QB prospect the Redskins have ever had. Keep in mind I mean QB prospect and not athlete like RG3. He has a combination of arm talent, pocket presence, defensive manipulation, and leadership that you want in your guy.

I want to see Haskins be the starter TODAY. I don't give a damn. He's was not drafted to sit behind two journeymen with weak arms. He's young but if he get all the off season reps, then gets a ton of work in pre season he can be ready. A lot of the stuff they ran at Ohio State is in Jay's playbook. Who watches from the sideline and learns how to get better? No one does. The quicker he gets in there the better off this organization will be in the long run. 

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Made a stupid comment about grammar, and that maybe he should focus on correct pronunciation... blah blah blah.

Yeah, great way to start a talk with the young man Joe. :rolleyes:

"I'm anxious to sit down and talk to Dwayne about that," Theismann told NBC Sports Washington. "I'm not opposed to it. I'm not saying yes yet, but I really want to sit down and talk to the young man and get a chance to meet him. I know he's reached out and said he wants to ask me, so as early as I can get back into town and be able to set up an opportunity when he gets into town to be able to sit down and talk to him about it." - Joe T.

screenshot-www-nfl-com-2019-05-01-01-39-

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

There is a player every year saying he will make the teams that passed him pay. 

Its only until hes a Redskin that it matters. 

You people do it to yourselves. 

He means pay for tickets to his birthday party

17 minutes ago, Llevron said:

There is a player every year saying he will make the teams that passed him pay. 

Its only until hes a Redskin that it matters. 

You people do it to yourselves. 

True, but I've never liked it from anyone tbh. Plenty of great QB's have come through this game that were never even drafted. So to act like the world was unjustly cruel to you when you were drafted 15th overall... Stop it lol.

At the same time, I recognize that one must get motivation wherever one can find it, so I'm not gonna crucify.him.

So, Dianna Russini was just on 106.7--saying that Haskins was the only interview Snyder sat in on. The pick is Allen's ultimately--he'll listen to Gruden (who was heavliy involved in research and tape watching, so he was heavily involved) and scouts. She spoke to several other teams looking for QBs--only Washington had him as the top QB. One coach called him a less athletic Josh Allen. So sounds like it was a Snyder pick and a lot of teams were down on him.

Just when I was warming up to Haskins...

Was reading through Twitter comments and the venom directed at Joe Theismann over a crack at Haskins grammer and the fact he wants to sit down with him over the number was troubling to say the least. One guy wishing death and a few others wishing physical harm , one on our boards right here wanting to "punch him in the throat" ? smh ...Cmon guys, you are better than that. 

20 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

So, Dianna Russini was just on 106.7--saying that Haskins was the only interview Snyder sat in on. The pick is Allen's ultimately--he'll listen to Gruden (who was heavliy involved in research and tape watching, so he was heavily involved) and scouts. She spoke to several other teams looking for QBs--only Washington had him as the top QB. One coach called him a less athletic Josh Allen. So sounds like it was a Snyder pick and a lot of teams were down on him.

She also said she spoke to some close to the redskins about our team needs before the draft and on that list she received, RG was one of the positions of need. 

The radio host tried to correct (give her an out) her and said “you mean left guard she pauses and said no Right Guard. Lmao. I’m not taking anything she said seriously. 

She getting by on something but it sure isn’t her football knowledge. 

It was a joke. 

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Shes also the one who said we were gonna trade into the top 3 right? 

2 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Was reading through Twitter comments and the venom directed at Joe Theismann over a crack at Haskins grammer and the fact he wants to sit down with him over the number was troubling to say the least. One guy wishing death and a few others wishing physical harm , one on our boards right here wanting to "punch him in the throat" ? smh ...Cmon guys, you are better than that. 

Dont read twitter. Humanity is definitely not better than that. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

True, but I've never liked it from anyone tbh. Plenty of great QB's have come through this game that were never even drafted. So to act like the world was unjustly cruel to you when you were drafted 15th overall... Stop it lol.

At the same time, I recognize that one must get motivation wherever one can find it, so I'm not gonna crucify.him.

I feel you. Its annoying at best though. Def not a "I dont like this guy cause.... " thing IMO but I guarantee you will hear this for atleast an entire season. 

Archived