Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

My man, I’m trying to say this as politely as possible because frankly your posts are spiraling into absurdity—but what the hell are you talking about? I not only linked you to a post where I’m on the lookout for the same behavior you allege me to be portraying here, but I already explained to you that I have no dislike for the dude at all—I’m simply talking about him as the QB of the team I root for. And I’m bringing it up because it’s not just being reported on now, but has been constantly for a year and a half since he was drafted. I’m not speculating or posting from my own opinions on the guy—I’m simply talking about reports that have been posted dozens of times from a multitude of sources. Hard to argue with when the behavior has been reported over this length of time and from this breadth of reporters. 

You adopting the narrative and parroting on here is no better.  It's steeped in racial bias.  If you want to perpetuate that kinda thing...more power to you.  I'm just asking, why does DH being a 23 year old bother you so much?  He's doing fairly normal 23 year old **** and exhibiting behavior you'd expect, from a 23 year old.  23 year olds in the NFL tend to be entitled, selfish and immature.  Why is that a bigger story than the guy not passing mustard?    

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

And just...what the hell are you even getting at here? Talking about wanting a QB to study film in amounts of time that satisfy his own coaches and teammates is now wanting things done “my way”? lol  you absolutely have to be trolling with this stuff. 

You're judging him by a criteria you can't measure other than by conjecture.  That's not objective, nor empirical. 

I'm asking if you care whether a guy's on social media, or self-confident if he appeals to you.  Because it seems pretty apparent the way DH breathes triggers you in some way.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Heard on the radio today from an analyst: Haskins talks about his body fat on twitter. Who does that. Does Mahomes do that or Brady?

I think Haskins does have a diva complex. Last time we had a QB like that... is now a backup for the Ravens. Just sayin'

Haskins thinks he is better than he really is. We all can see that as night and day. 

• Like 1

Haskins officially finished his playing time with the worst QBR two years in a row. Not even Jamarcus Russell was able to do that. Luckily for haskins though by the end of the season if he doesn't take any more snaps he won't meet the 200 pass threshold to be counted for some lists. 

I heard him say a few weeks ago that we cant feel like he has arrived, then doubled back and said something to the effect of "well I have" but then said its not enough yet. I think it was when he was talking about striving to be the best ever? Or one of those weeks. Im pretty sure it was after a loss. 

I cant remember. But it stood out to me then. Mostly because I was surprised many of you didnt harp on it. But now its ringing in my head. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So Rivera is racist now? I heard the same **** about Shanahan and Gruden after RG3 and then Bob went and proved he wasn't good enough to be a starter elsewhere.

This is a ridiculous narrative to start about a guy who had Cam Newton leading his team for years. Smfh

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I heard him say a few weeks ago that we cant feel like he has arrived, then doubled back and said something to the effect of "well I have" but then said its not enough yet. I think it was when he was talking about striving to be the best ever? Or one of those weeks. Im pretty sure it was after a loss. 

I cant remember. But it stood out to me then. Mostly because I was surprised many of you didnt harp on it. But now its ringing in my head. 

I remember that and I posted about how it came across as way too high on himself. It was after the cleveland game I think and I figured he'd just talk about being better for the team or something and not all about his grandiose feelings about himself.

18 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I can vouch that he was completely on board with the Rivera hire, based on his posts earlier this year.

OK, to each their own on that.  No way I am out on a coach I really dig, within 4 games of a season, with a personnel decision being the kicker.  That's really fast for someone who supposedly really dug him.  But different strokes...

Regarding coaches making personnel decisions, his point was that coaches don't have the luxury of taking a step back to view team-building from a long-term perspective once they're in the trenches of a season.

I agree to an extent with this point.  It's been said that Kyle Smith is the dude making the calls with Rivera in the mix.  Somewhat like John Schneider and Peter Carroll.  It's not like when Shanny had control where supposedly he was the defacto evaluator.  I don't get the impression that Rivera is the defacto evaluator but that he wants Kyle to follow his vision.  It's not my favorite set up but I'd take it over what we once had by a mile.  

You keep bringing up the fact that Kyle Smith wasn't on board with the Haskins pick.  And that's fine.  But it's also irrelevant.  Because that's the player we picked, regardless.

If he is the defacto GM at least from an evaluation side and is the dude that Rivera consults with the most on personnel then its very relevant.  It's the same reason why Finlay, Cooley whomever have brought it up in this context this week.  They aren't talking about it because it has no relevance at all.   According to a Keim article, it was Dan and Bruce who were all in on Haskins.  Bruce is gone.  And Dan hopefully is backing off. 

So if Rivera and Kyle are running this than their opinion about the players they have in house is the main plot.  They aren't stuck with every player the previous regime gave them where they are beholden to stick it out with them.

I we don't have an immediate long-term replacement, so we need to see what we have in him.  At best, he turns his season around and begins playing like a bonafide franchise QB towards the end of the season.  If you still decide you don't want him, you recoup his value and trade him for a relatively high pick this offseason.  At worst, he completely tanks, and you're in position to possibly land Trevor Lawrence.

I get some of this logic. I'd lean heavily to your at worst sceanrio to be the most likely one.   I do think Haskins' play will help them land a high draft pick.   But in Rivera's defense, i don't know of any HC who openly just tanks a season.   I am guessing they already have a strong opinion about Haskins' potential where they don't feel its that much of a mystery so I doubt they are that torn about this.   Maybe there is genuine interest in Kyle Allen and they see him as a wildcard.  Whatever it is, Rivera is no dummy, I am sure there is a method to the madness and he's not going to tell the world what that is.  It behooves him to be somewhat cagy about what the ultimate plan is including if the drill is to unload Haskins. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

So Rivera is racist now? I heard the same **** about Shanahan and Gruden after RG3 and then Bob went and proved he wasn't good enough to be a starter elsewhere.

This is a ridiculous narrative to start about a guy who had Cam Newton leading his team for years. Smfh

Who said anything about Rivera?  Do you think he's the one leaking this stuff to the press?

29 minutes ago, megared said:

I'm not eliminating Ron's culpability from not nipping it in the bud, if it was indeed this unbearable.  Either you believe Ron's the man in charge, or he isn't.

Ron could've chosen a 40 year vet, if he wanted to go in that direction.  The fact that he didn't AND he couldn't accomplish what he said he was going to do, is on him.  

I tend to ignore that stuff...example Cam Newton was the toast of town in NE, because everyone is shocked/impressed by his work ethic.  Like it's a surprise a guy that's lasted almost 10 years in the league, worked his way back from numerous injuries...knows how to work???

You continue to blame others and not the player.  If you are going to ignore all the reports of Dwayne's poor work habits then obviously you are not evaluating him fairly.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, megared said:

He's doing fairly normal 23 year old **** and exhibiting behavior you'd expect, from a 23 year old.  23 year olds in the NFL tend to be entitled, selfish and immature. 

Not successful NFL franchise QB’s in the modern era...that’s the entire point. Glad we’re caught up.

Why is that a bigger story than the guy not passing mustard?  

It’s not a “bigger story”, it’s a part of the story, which we’re discussing and which is something you’d rather not address I guess. 

You're judging him by a criteria you can't measure other than by conjecture.  That's not objective, nor empirical. 

I don’t need to use the scientific method and measure it, because his teammates and coaches already did and found it lacking. That’s all that matters.

I'm asking if you care whether a guy's on social media, or self-confident if he appeals to you. 

You will not find a post from me on this website or any other talking about his social media presence or behavior, or even taking a selfie after the game last year, or any of that. I don’t care about that stuff, and in fact may have defended it in the past. I care that he’s not a good QB and part of the reason why is because he’s not fully committing himself to doing it the way other successful QB’s do, and not committing himself to his teammates and coaches the way they expect. 

Because it seems pretty apparent the way DH breathes triggers you in some way.  

Nothing about Haskins other than his football qualities bothers me, are you thinking of someone else on this site? It would explain a lot of your posts towards me. I have never posted about anything involving the guy’s personality, social media presence, looks and mannerisms, or anything of the sort. Ever. Purely his football ability and decisions and related makeup. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You continue to blame others and not the player.  If you are going to ignore all the reports of Dwayne's poor work habits then obviously you are not evaluating him fairly.  

He wasn't good.  There was always a high probability he wasn't going to be good.  Now that Ron's concluded he's not good, I'm not in love with the idea of actually playing Kyle Allen.

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Haha, yea. Just listen to Colin Cowherd talk about Baker Mayfield if you want to see someone blasting a qb who is a distraction off the field and terrible on the field.

2 minutes ago, megared said:

He wasn't good.  There was always a high probability he wasn't going to be good.  Now that Ron's concluded he's not good, I'm not in love with the idea of actually playing Kyle Allen.

What's the big deal about starting Allen? You think Haskins can develop but Allen can't?

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not successful NFL franchise QB’s in the modern era...that’s the entire point. Glad we’re caught up.

It’s not a “bigger story”, it’s a part of the story, which we’re discussing and which is something you’d rather not address I guess. 

I don’t need to use the scientific method and measure it, because his teammates and coaches already did and found it lacking. That’s all that matters.

You will not find a post from me on this website or any other talking about his social media presence or behavior, or even taking a selfie after the game last year, or any of that. I don’t care about that stuff, and in fact may have defended it in the past. I care that he’s not a good QB and [i]part[/i] of the reason why is because he’s not fully committing himself to doing it the way other successful QB’s do, and not committing himself to his teammates and coaches the way they expect. 

Nothing about Haskins other than his football qualities bothers me, are you thinking of someone else on this site? It would explain a lot of your posts towards me. I have never posted about anything involving the guy’s personality, social media presence, looks and mannerisms, or anything of the sort. Ever. Purely his football ability and decisions and related makeup. 

You're basically saying he can't be 23, can't be himself, and everything that comes of it is his fault by not completely altering everything he does, to please some vague criticism that points to perceptions and not observable events.  But the fact of the matter is that even if he did those things, it'd never be to your liking, because you don't like the guy.  And that's fine.    

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK, to each their own on that.  No way I am out on a coach I really dig, within 4 games of a season, with a personnel decision being the kicker.  That's really fast for someone who supposedly really dug him.  But different strokes...

I agree to an extent with this point.  It's been said that Kyle Smith is the dude making the calls with Rivera in the mix.  Somewhat like John Schneider and Peter Carroll.  It's not like when Shanny had control whwere supposedly he was the defacto evaluator.  I don't get the impression that Rivera is the defacto evaluator but that he wants Kyle to follow his vision.  It's not my favorite set up but I'd take it over what we once had by a mile.  And I think the operative point on Haskins likely has no bearing on this specific point.

If he is the defacto GM at least from an evaluation side and is the dude that Rivera consults with the most on personnel then its very relevant.  It's the same reason why Finlay, Cooley whomever have brought it up in this context this week.  They aren't talking about it because it has no relevance at all.   According to a Keim article, it was Dan and Bruce who were all in on Haskins.  Bruce is gone.  And Dan hopefully is backing off. 

So if Rivera and Kyle are running this than their opinion about the players they have in house is the main plot.  They aren't stuck with every player the previous regime gave them where they are beholden to stick it out with them.

I get some of this logic. I'd lean heavily to your at worst sceanrio to be the most likely one.   I do think Haskins' play will help them land a high draft pick.   But in Rivera's defense, i don't know of any HC who openly just tanks a season.   I am guessing they already have a strong opinion about Haskins' potential where they don't feel its that much of a mystery so I doubt they are that torn about this.   Maybe there is genuine interest in Kyle Allen and they see him as a wildcard.  Whatever it is, Rivera is no dummy, I am sure there is a method to the madness and he's not going to tell the world what that is.  It behooves him to be somewhat cagy about what the ultimate plan is including if the drill is to unload Haskins. 

It's not just a personnel decision.  It's the complete 180 he's taken on his 10-month approach to this season after just 4 weeks.  It was all about long-term team building and "evaluation", until he saw that the NFCE was "wide open" and now, he completely abandons his 10 month plan in order to chase a division crown that we have a less than 10% chance of attaining, according to the most recent 538 prediction model.

It's short-sighted, ignorant, and whatever other adjective can be used to describe such an idiotic about-face.

And the kicker is the fact that he used our win-loss record to justify the decision, when he was the one conceding multiple games that were still winnable, bizarrely letting the clock run out, which was widely criticized league-wide.

When it comes to Kyle Smith, the point is that he is not an actual GM.  The other coaches you mentioned all had actual GMs, not "de facto" ones.  That's important, as it is an official check on the coaches' complete power over an organization.  Rivera can give as much lip service as he wants about this being a collaborative process, but the only official check on his absolute power is Snyder, who is letting him do his thing... for now.

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The entitled, lazy athlete narrative isn't new.  There is also nothing to suggest that Ron is pushing that narrative.  It could be anyone, or even several people, that have passed that information along.  Given what we've seen on the field from him, and subsequently what he's had to say afterwards, it certainly aligns with a guy that seems like he could be doing more yet doesn't believe he needs to.

RG3 syndome.

Dude thought he was God's gift to football right from the get-go. Never had the humility or work ethic to reach his ceiling and really make a name for himself.

At least RG3 gave us one last gift when he came in last week. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/7/2020 at 12:58 PM, MartinC said:

I've put two warning is this thread about this over the last two days. Do NOT attack other posters. Warnings are now over - points and bans are not.

My apologies...I was only joking with him. I actually consider him a friend.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ntotoro said:

As beloved as he was by the fanbase (for whatever reason), Cooley really was a clown. His constant one-way beef and whatever it was with Jason Witten was just bizarre. Nevermind the stuff with the playbook/toilet pic that got out on to social media. 

I remember the infamous junk pic, with the playbook next to it.

I think the play he was looking at was "Spider 2-inch Y Banana".

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

What's the big deal about starting Allen? You think Haskins can develop but Allen can't?

Not convinced Haskins could, or Allen can. 

Convinced it's going to produce some pretty unwatchable football (which BTW I had no problem enduring if the goal was to evaluate the roster).  

• TK changed the title to FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
  • PCS locked this topic