Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

28 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Deep balls can be fixed. His accuracy from 21-25 yards was 66%. In a small sample size of 25+ yard throws he was bad. I can live with a qb who completes 60+% of his passes 25 yards and under. I'm just talking about being able to complete comebacks outside the numbers, corners, deep outs and in that 10-20 yard range, which Haskins is having a lot of trouble with. Like I said, Allen isn't some sure bet to be good, I just would bet he'd be better than Haskins (right now), and he struggled mightily after his hot start... he just showed more in his hot start than Haskins has and I would like to see what he could do with this offense. It's not like we can be worse than last place. 

40 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

I don't know man, those are a lot of excuses to justify horrible play. What I saw yesterday was a pocket that was fine most of the game, receivers that got open, and simply a qb that couldn't make throws. Let's see what Allen could do with this team. I would bet a lot of money that we'd be better and be able to throw the ball downfield. We aren't nearly as bad as the Haskins supporters are trying to make us seem. 

Agreed. We don't need great just run the offense and make the basic throws and we win yesterday.  Remember under Gibbs when Campbell ran the offense and the offense was so hit or miss without any flow or sustained drives, then Collins takes over, runs a simple gameplan and suddenly the running game opens up and we start putting up points.  I think Allen could do the same for us.

I think if our defense is playing well against the Ravens and Haskins plays like last week, he will be pulled before halftime.

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

I’m torn on Haskins... and I’m surprised more aren’t. I understand this last game was ugly, very ugly, but guy is surrounded by trash. I’m not giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I’m weighing the whole situation and not understanding the outrage. 

I am not seeing many fans outraged at all.  As a matter of fact, the only outrage I see are from the fans/media who consistently show up to circle the wagons around the guy whenever he has a terrible game.  Most people are just stating the obvious, and the numbers (even the advanced ones) back up what everyone is seeing: he is by far, the worst starting quarterback in the league by a considerable margin.  When a #15 overall pick can't even outplay Jeff Driskel, every single fan of this franchise should either:

A. Be scared to death because they want to stick it out with Haskins and he isn't cutting it.

B. Accept the reality that the team should move on from him after this year and take the lumps so long as Rivera doesn't lose the locker room.

I am definitely doing B.  And I am not in the "total bust" camp.  I am just 99% sure he isn't becoming a decent quarterback with this team.  He could do it elsewhere, sitting behind a good starting quarterback for 2-3 years.  

By the way, he is the #1 reason why this offense is so vanilla.  They are taking baby steps with him and even that is too much for him.  

13 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

When a #15 overall pick can't even outplay Jeff Driskel, every single fan of this franchise should either:

This is a bad comparison and even if you wanted to compare them, Driskel has been bad WITH a top 10 run game, a top 10 TE and more or less the same WR depth as us.

I'm frustrated with Dwayne as much as anyone, but people only going off of weird numbers and rankings shows an inability to formulate their own impressions.

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'm frustrated with Dwayne as much as anyone, but people only going off of weird numbers and rankings shows an inability to formulate their own impressions.

He has been near the bottom of almost every measurable statistic since he became a starter.  Its the opposite honestly, you need to do weird mental gymnastics to convince yourself that he is not the worst QB in the league, and by a very very very wide margin.  

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

This is a bad comparison and even if you wanted to compare them, Driskel has been bad WITH a top 10 run game, a top 10 TE and more or less the same WR depth as us.

I mean you can pick any other quarterback you want, and Haskins is objectively worse.  

9 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

He has been near the bottom of almost every measurable statistic since he became a starter.  Its the opposite honestly, you need to do weird mental gymnastics to convince yourself that he is not the worst QB in the league, and by a very very very wide margin.  

Nope. Just haven't seen enough. At this time last year Kyle Allen was the best QB in football. 

There are simple things that need to be fixed.  That's my worry.  His posture in the pocket is so rigid and stiff. He is a robot in the pocket.  Do you even see him call plays at the LOS? He has bad pocket presence.  When trying to avoid sacks, he often bumps into his own guys.  

1 hour ago, httr2020dynasty said:

This is setting up for an "I told you so game" for Haskins. Watch Baltimore take us lightly and we make it a game. Not saying that will happen, but I've seen it before. Haskins probably comes out and throws 300+ with 3 tds. 

Way to hedge. 

So... Haskins needs more time to develop, but we already know who and what Kyle Allen is. 

The future isn’t Kyle Allen, but could be Haskins.

Full disclosure... I don’t think either guy is THE guy. But what makes them different? Draft position? College pedigree? 

I think both could benefit from some development time.

33 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So... Haskins needs more time to develop, but we already know who and what Kyle Allen is. 

The future isn’t Kyle Allen, but could be Haskins.

Full disclosure... I don’t think either guy is THE guy. But what makes them different? Draft position? College pedigree? 

I think both could benefit from some development time.

Talent would by guess.

Not that I know anything, but it seems to me Haskins is pressing too much - such as not taking the quick hitters to the backs and letting them create.  Can’t be helping him that his internal clock - especially knowing his line isn’t very good - seems to be causing him to throw “early”.  Ironically, I think taking the quick passes to the flats 1) means he ain’t holding the ball, and 2) pulls defenders away from the middle of the field (ie where he feels more comfortable going with the ball).  Maybe if he starts hitting those with regularity/consistency, it opens things up for him.  

Essentially, I think Haskins aggressive mentality (see air yard avg and penchant for tight window throws) is at odds with the newness of the system, the design of the system (particularly the outlet throws/short passing game), the lack of trust/confidence in his oline.  Feels like this struggle makes it harder for him to feel comfortable, which in turn makes it harder to play with good mechanics (which is a work in progress as is).    

Can’t imagine feeling rushed and uncomfortable helps in terms of putting touch on the ball either.  

If he’s able to find his footing, so to speak, I will be impressed/surprised... at this point I expect him to be pretty much entirely snake bitten going forward.  

Archived