Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I’m rooting for him and continue to do so but at this point I’ve become skeptical he can be anything but a middle of the pack QB with an occasional big performance. Could be good enough if we had a lethal secondary to match the front 4, but won’t do us any good really if his performances truly matter in regards to wins and loses.

Eli Manning, the year he won his 1st Super Bowl, had a 56.1% comp., and threw 20 picks. He didn't cross 60% until his fifth year. Drew Brees was terrible for years, Aaron Rodgers rode pine for 3 years, and looked generally terrible in his few appearances. It's far too soon to make any judgment yet. He hasn't looked great, but there are flashes, so we'll see.

21 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

So us fans should ignore the complete lack of development from the most important player on our roster 

that makes sense.

I find it funny that expecting a first round pick to just be an average NFL QB is some crazy notion. He legitimately in the conversation for worst starter in the league. 

this is cause for concern 

Well, the fact that you can sit here and call it a complete lack of development says a lot. It’s not a serious statement. He is nothing like the player who first got in the game against the Giants. If you were honest you could at the very least see that. 

He is legit in the convo for worst in but so is our offensive roster. That has to have an effect on his play. Again, if you were trying to be honest about it, you could at least see that. 

im not sitting here saying he’s good. I’m saying there are many reasons this offense is bad besides him, and that doesn’t help. Ignoring those things for the sake of your arguments make your arguments weaker. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

He is legit in the convo for worst in but so is our offensive roster. That has to have an effect on his play. Again, if you were trying to be honest about it, you could at least see that. 

Add to that Rivera himself has said that good decision making is more important than results now. That this offense is still a work in progress, and we won't begin to see a finished product until 2021.

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen Minshew play the past 2 weeks but the fact that the current WFT QB looks so deficient compared to someone drafted so much later than him (on a team that was supposed to be tanking and be extremely deficient) is pretty concerning IMHO.

But Minshew plays in a QB friendly offense with a QB whisperer. If we had a Jay Gruden on staff maybe you could make that comment...

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Well, the fact that you can sit here and call it a complete lack of development says a lot. It’s not a serious statement. He is nothing like the player who first got in the game against the Giants. If you were honest you could at the very least see that. 

im not sitting here saying he’s good. I’m saying there are many reasons this offense is bad besides him, and that doesn’t help. Ignoring those things for the sake of your arguments make your arguments weaker. 

This is a DWAYNE HASKINS thread. The discourse is mainly about DWAYNE HASKINS.

Yes, we know the Oline is bad. Who is disputing the fact? Name those people. We can publicly shame them. DWAYNE HASKINS himself (#7 in white today) is also bad. Extremely bad. Very very bad. This is a concerning development because we spend a first round pick on him. This is big news. Bad Oline play and lack of weapons are not lone crosses that he exclusively holds. There are young QBs that while learning show you many examples of the diamond that needs to be unearthed. He has not. By your own admittance, you acknowledge he’s among the worst. 

Yes, he’s better than his first relief start (which isn’t saying much obviously). But he is not better than he was at the end of 2019, which was a bad season. Following up a bad season with another bad season is usually a bad sign. 

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen Minshew play the past 2 weeks but the fact that the current WFT QB looks so deficient compared to someone drafted so much later than him (on a team that was supposed to be tanking and be extremely deficient) is pretty concerning IMHO.

Menshoes seems like one of those cats that was like a 3-4 year college starter. Probably not fair to Haskins, though he too had a new system this year

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Add to that Rivera himself has said that good decision making is more important than results now. That this offense is still a work in progress, and we won't begin to see a finished product until 2021.

Another thing you guys are missing or ignoring is that Dwayne might not get a 2021 if he keeps on this path. 

I think some of the almost really hurt Haskins today. Mind you, three of those almost would have required circus catches. 

Right now, he isn’t good enough, but I do wonder how much his receivers, o line, etc. limit him? If we gave him Arizona’s receivers how much better would he perform?

I'm trying to find video of the Haskins fumble but I can't.  What exactly happened on that play?  I was at the sports bar and just saw him getting swarmed and stripped.  Could have Haskins stepped up and avoided the hit, or was it a blind side strip?  That was the play of the game imo, after that it was done.

Just now, abdcskins said:

I'm trying to find video of the Haskins fumble but I can't.  What exactly happened on that play?  I was at the sports bar and just saw him getting swarmed and stripped.  Could have Haskins stepped up and avoided the hit, or was it a blind side strip?  That was the play of the game imo, after that it was done.

He was mid-throw and his arm got hit. Moses looked like he got beat.

So you think we'll put another QB out with minimal supporting cast? That'll go well.

Are you really being this naive? 

The team will certainly upgrade in the offseason. But Haskins wasn’t drafted by Rivera and Rivera made him work to be the starter. There’s no guarantee that RR is married to him. There’s no guarantee that RR doesn’t see Dwayne as one of things holding the offense back. 

You’re operating under the assumption that ANY rookie QB would perform the same and I think a lot of smarter football people than us would disagree with this upcoming draft and FA class 

that’s my two cents 

Staying the course and staying patient is the only logical fan response in this situation, 2 games in.

The reset of the offensive scheme from last year means there’s no carryover from the mini-flourish he showed at the end of last year. So there shd be no implicit expectation of picking up from there. And just like he did last year, it’s very much possible he continues to ascend on a weekly basis. That said, I can understand why many would be spooked by today. We’ll see what he’s made of. I personally think he’s made of the right stuff and will respond but there will be no ‘instant light-switch’ moment. It’d be a more gradual improvement curve.

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Minshew looked great last year, I’m not sure why everyone is surprised this season.  21TDs 6ints 60% as a guy that wasn’t supposed to play at all?  Those are excellent rookie numbers.  He’s picked up where he left off, and he’s looked far better than Haskins from the moment he stepped on an nfl field.  Which isn’t saying much, because Haskins has been mostly terrible.

Haskins has improved in one area, he hasn’t been a turnover machine this season.  That’s a big improvement.  He flashes that arm talent from time to time, too.  The problem is that he misses too many throws and his legs are more likely to get him into trouble than out of it.  It’s clear to me that he’s making an already bad line, worse.  

If Haskins wants a career in the NFL, he has to get better in a hurry.  I hope he does.

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Are you really being this naive? 

Are you really this obtuse? Is there a reason you continue to ignore anything other than the "Haskins sucks!" narrative? Including the coaches own words? I'm not sold at all on Haskins, but simply labeling him a bust at this point is as bad as anyone saying he's going to be great.

Unless we finish with a top-2 pick, we'd have to trade up, costing us more resources. Or would you prefer to sink a ton of money into a FA QB? I'd much rather give Haskins the time, get an OL that isn't a train-wreck, and a 2nd receiving option better than Inman.

25 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Eli Manning, the year he won his 1st Super Bowl, had a 56.1% comp., and threw 20 picks. He didn't cross 60% until his fifth year. Drew Brees was terrible for years, Aaron Rodgers rode pine for 3 years, and looked generally terrible in his few appearances. It's far too soon to make any judgment yet. He hasn't looked great, but there are flashes, so we'll see.

I honestly think it’s completely different eras. College QBs and college football in general has become so dominant and talent-laden that I think it’s easier now to judge how a qb is going to fare when making the jump. It’s why you see guys like Rosen get tossed to the curb not once but twice despite high expectations. The learning curve isn’t nearly what it used to be and teams aren’t really afforded the luxury of patience. 

26 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

lol

and you’re serious too

Hey, you can see it. He’s on the verge of putting it all together. He’s only been in the league 9 years now - hardly a large enough sample size.

Are you really this obtuse? Is there a reason you continue to ignore anything other than the "Haskins sucks!" narrative? Including the coaches own words? I'm not sold at all on Haskins, but simply labeling him a bust at this point is as bad as anyone saying he's going to be great.

Unless we finish with a top-2 pick, we'd have to trade up, costing us more resources. Or would you prefer to sink a ton of money into a FA QB? I'd much rather give Haskins the time, get an OL that isn't a train-wreck, and a 2nd receiving option better than Inman.

Could  have had Cam this year for almost no money. Probably can trade for Rodgers next year. Haskins is pure putrid trash. Get over your wishful thinking. It’s over. He’s done. Only good thing about him is that he got us chase young with his worthless play. 

Maybe he can do the same again. He’s only good for draft position and self-promoting social media videos. Nothing else. Bust. Pure bust. Nothing more. Just because you choose to accept it next year doesn’t mean it hasn’t been true since day one. He sucks.

Haskins still has yet to play a full 16 games in the NFL. Let’s give him more time to work and develop. He didn’t play well enough today; no need to sugarcoat it. But some people are way too impatient in this thread. Let’s talk again at the mid-season mark and the end of the season. Then we can make a more informed judgment.

Archived