Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

I find the fact that y’all expected anything much better than this by game 2 coming into the season with the litany of obvious reasons this offense would be terrible funny, actually. 

There is a strangely familiar thing about watching y’all ignore facts for the sake of your arguments. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Has a bad QB ever had a good o line? 

Every bad QB has had someone post or tweet something like “it’s hard to evaluate Paxton Lynch” or “Ej Manuel has a bad supporting cast”

To me, the very existence of stuff like this is a warning sign 

Has a good QB ever had this bad of an Oline?

I know you simply dislike Haskins, so I don't expect an objective answer.

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I find the fact that y’all expected anything much better than this by game 2 coming into the season with the litany of obvious reasons this offense would be terrible funny, actually. 

There is a strangely familiar thing about watching y’all ignore facts for the sake of your arguments. 

So us fans should ignore the complete lack of development from the most important player on our roster 

that makes sense.

I find it funny that expecting a first round pick to just be an average NFL QB is some crazy notion. He legitimately in the conversation for worst starter in the league. 

this is cause for concern 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Many on here would prefer he suck so they can be right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Haskins wasn't IMO good but I'll let the season play out before landing on a firm opinion.  It would be one thing if he is holding up some young gun back up but he isn't. 

I think if Haskins ends up a bust we got nothing to lose because you are set up for Lawrence or Fields or Lance.  2021 is shaping to be a really killer draft for QBs.   Hopefully Haskins ends up the dude and instead we load up on O lineman.  Will see. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Has a good QB ever had this bad of an Oline?

I know you simply dislike Haskins, so I don't expect an objective answer.

I’ve never met Dwayne so I can’t dislike him. I dislike his play tho. I think that’s rational but whatever. 

Do I post a lot about him? Yes but he is the starting QB. And also because if he does turn out to be a bust, then it’s another reminder of the danger presented by Dan meddling in football affairs. He advocated over drafting the guy. That isn’t Dwayne’s fault but no one ever said this time of job is fair. 

to answer your question, Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson cut their teeth in the league by playing lights out behind Olines that are/were running jokes around the league. Andrew Luck too. In fact, he’s was knocked out of the league because of that. Still was good pretty much from the get go. 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93
15 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Hard truths bro. It’s not always sunshine and ponies. This is the NFL. We are Washington. Where have you been the last 20 years???

You're right. This has nothing to do with you tripling down on idiocy. Way to go.

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

So us fans should ignore the complete lack of development from the most important player on our roster 

that makes sense.

I find it funny that expecting a first round pick to just be an average NFL QB is some crazy notion. He legitimately in the conversation for worst starter in the league. 

this is cause for concern 

I like many of us have been watching football for a long time. Almost 40 years. You know it when you see it at the QB position. I knew Jason C wasn’t it. I knew Kirk C wasn’t it. I’m giving Haskins a few more games, but my early impression is that he will never be it either. You can’t relearn the game at the professional level. His mechanics alone should have taken him out of the first round. They are as bad as I’ve seen in a starting QB. His accuracy is almost non existent. He misses all of the throws—short, medium and long. He has zero touch. I can’t actually tell you one thing that he does well at the position. I haven’t seen it. 

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I’ve never met Dwayne so I can’t dislike him. I dislike his play tho. I think that’s rational but whatever 

to answer your question, Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson cut their teeth in the league by playing lights out behind Olines that are/were running jokes around the league 

Luck too, before they broke his will :ols:

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

You're right. This has nothing to do with you tripling down on idiocy. Way to go.

Dude you bet on Zorn and now Haskins. Idiocy is a skill you are quadrupling down on not me.  Your man crush is already a failure. It’s simply up to you when you accept that fact. Those who think he already sucks are right. You are just taking longer to accept that reality. The longer you take is not about objectivity but simply a hope that you are right. The projection is hilarious .You are just comedy dude. As in comedy like a clown. 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I’ve never met Dwayne so I can’t dislike him. I dislike his play tho. I think that’s rational but whatever 

to answer your question, Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson cut their teeth in the league by playing lights out behind Olines that are/were running jokes around the league 

Over time, I've fallen hard for the power of having mobile QBs.  I and some others, I recall @wit33 in that group really wanted Kyler Murray bad ironically when there was an early phase in the draft process where it looked like he might fall some.  

Jumping ahead if worst case scenario plays out, a beat guy (forgetting whom) had a QB coach who worked closely with Haskins and Fields.  The purpose of the interview was to get the QB coach to gush about Haskins and he did to some extent but then veered into talking about Fields who he clearly liked even more.  He more or less said he can run like L. Jackson yet he has a better arm.    If this season goes south and Haskins looks like an obvious question mark it will be an interesting scene if they are in position to take one of the young hyped QBs in the 2021 draft.

I am not out on Haskins at all.  but like i said, if he ends up not looking to be the goods, the 2021 draft right now seems intriguing. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

I just don't see it, plain and simple.  Using the eye test.  Haskins misses too many throws and looks easily rattled.  His arm strength is his greatest asset, followed by his mobility.  Everything else is average at best.  Hope he can prove me wrong.

10 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Many on here would prefer he suck so they can be right.

I’m rooting for him and continue to do so but at this point I’ve become skeptical he can be anything but a middle of the pack QB with an occasional big performance. Could be good enough if we had a lethal secondary to match the front 4, but won’t do us any good really if his performances truly matter in regards to wins and loses.

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dude you bet on Zorn and now Haskins. Idiocy is a skill you are quadrupling down on not me.  Your man crush is already a failure. It’s simply up to you when you accept that fact. Those who think he already sucks are right. You are just taking longer to accept that reality. The longer you take is not about objectivity but simply a hope that you are right. The projection is hilarious .You are just comedy dude. As in comedy like a clown. 

Dude, the cancer remark was out of line. That’s it. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

I just don't see it, plain and simple.  Using the eye test.  Haskins misses too many throws and looks easily rattled.  His arm strength is his greatest asset, followed by his mobility.  Everything else is average at best.  Hope he can prove me wrong.

He can't vary his touch on the football, which seems strange to me... Kinda like a kid who's parents are giving them first time driving lessons in a empty parking lot, with them mashing on the gas/break :ols:

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dude you bet on Zorn and now Haskins. Idiocy is a skill you are quadrupling down on not me.  

It has nothing to do with football, and everything to do with your flippant attitude towards someone diagnosed with cancer. Bye now.

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Dude, the cancer remark was out of line. That’s it. 

Agree to disagree. It was about the recovery not the disease. I made that clear. I stand by it. Sometimes life and football are not pretty. This isn’t a Disney movie. 

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It has nothing to do with football, and everything to do with your flippant attitude towards someone diagnosed with cancer. Bye now.

Don’t say bye just ignore. Weakness is demanding the last word. How’s your buddy Jim Zorn doing by the way? I think you described him as a young Joe Gibbs...

credibility is built and lost over years not simply a few weeks...

• TK changed the title to FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
  • PCS locked this topic