Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

If you were Haskins you’d want AB on your team as well...

And then when he throws you under the bus, backs over you, runs you over again, backs over you again, drives around you to a good distance ahead and then backs up over you but faster you’ll regret it. 

5 hours ago, ggarriso said:

Just when you think "simba" cant get any more cringeworthy he finds a way!!  Hilarious watching everyone trip over themselves to protect his fragile ego when his stats are next level terrible. 

By telling the NFL's leading receiver from the past 5 years to join him in Washington?

17 hours ago, Snagletooth said:

Maybe AB is humbled?  He just might prove to be a HOF type vet presence to lead our young WR group much like AP has been with Guice.

You don't put a dude like that with a young QB. You just dont do it. Certainly not here. 

What some of you seem to not understand, is "How much worse can it get???" is exactly how this franchise has been operated for the past ten years specifically,  and every time, they show us that there is no bottom to how low they can go. And that's with a roster of mostly good dudes.

You dont start digging your way out of that hole by putting that clown on this team. All you're doing is digging it deeper.

Seen enough yet?

Pumba is 5/11 for 66 yards and 1 INT and infinity sacks - on top of a historically bad career stat line to date.  Its possible the offense has negative passing yards taking into account sack yards and he is so easy to sack.  He does not have it - he is about to quit on this game with the overdramatic "ankle" issues - might remove himself before embarrassing himself for the 2nd half.

He was 10/19 for 94 yards 1 INT going into that last drive. The garbage time stats boosted his final line, but he was not good (again) today. Not going to win many games if your QB has 90 yards passing deep into the 4th. He's averaging 166 yards passing per game during his 5 starts, with a career high of 214. Not good.

He needs to be more consistent, more accurate, and make quicker decisions.

6 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

He was 10/19 for 94 yards 1 INT going into that last drive. The garbage time stats boosted his final line, but he was not good (again) today. Not going to win many games if your QB has 90 yards passing deep into the 4th. He's averaging 166 yards passing per game during his 5 starts, with a career high of 214. Not good.

I agree with this although I will add that his pass pro did him few favors. Way too many jailbreaks today. There were quite a few plays where he just had no chance whatsoever.

9 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Hey, c'mon!  He's a self-proclaimed "clutch" QB.  That's what matters. Stats be damned.

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I agree with this although I will add that his pass pro did him few favors. Way too many jailbreaks today. There were quite a few plays where he just had no chance whatsoever.

Not all, but most of that was due to his calling the wrong protection and/or not adjusting to the coverage at all.  I am seeing other rookie QB's reading defenses presnap around the league, but not him.  The rookie excuse is nothing more than an excuse.  He HAS to play better.

15 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Hey, c'mon!  He's a self-proclaimed "clutch" QB.  That's what matters. Stats be damned.

7 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Not every pressure, but most of those plays came from him calling the wrong protection and failing to adjust presnap, something other rookie QB's are doing.  He MUST play better.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

People eviscerated me for bringing up Drew Lock last week. Well this week he put up over 300 yards and 3 TDs and the Broncos put up 30+ points in a dominant win against the Texans on the road. And Lock was also looked at as a major project.

Haskins will have 300 yards and 3 TD's soon...

(if you combine all 3 final games, and spot him a TD)

Three games left and I've not really seen much that says we got our guy.  These starts were to "see what we have", and I dont think we've seen anything to say we're good at QB going into the draft.  

As of right now, I'm at the 'Cardinals cutting bait and unloading Rosen to get another guy with their top pick' stage.  I feel like we're in a pretty similar situation, what with a new coach and hopefully a new GM.  Let those guys come in and decide if they need a new guy.  With 3 games to play, I think they do.  I'm not expecting anything different than what we've seen so far, which hasnt sold me. 

Another rookie QB in Drew Lock is out here eviscerating the Texans in his second start and I'm having to take solace that our guy at least kinda knows the plays now.  Haskins seems so far behind his peers in this draft.  I'll take one half of one game where he looks like he's in total control.

If the new coach and GM comes in and believes in him, independent of Snyder explicitly picking people to salvage the QB, maybe I can be swayed.  But I dont want a Gruden saying he can fix RG3 just to get the job situation.

If I had to put money on it, Snyder will cut Bruce, but will be specifically looking for a GM and then coach to tell him he can make Haskins work.  They'll keep Haskins, take Young or the tackle from Georgia.

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Kid is tough and has poise in the pocket. Can’t teach either of those things. Needs to work on almost everything else. Playing in an offense that is incredibly predictable definitely isn’t helping. 

Skinstangibles

Archived