Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

42 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Naw that’s a bad look no matter how you try to read that one......

Like that he won’t last 

Why? First people complain he seems disinterested and doesn’t care, now people complain he’s too interested and cares too much.

15 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Yup they clearly look surprised to say the least.

Watching the game I thought that Rouiller made lots of crappy snaps, which is unusual from him.

Now I'm gonna start wondering if it wasn't done on purpose...

“Hey, i know I’m a 7th round pick starting at center, but I’m confident in being able to sabotage my own career because for some reason I don’t like my rookie Qb”

yeah... totally checks out.

• Like 2
Just now, PartyPosse said:

Why? First people complain he seems disinterested and doesn’t care, now people complain he’s too interested and cares too much.

The criticism for him being disinterested was people seeing him standing on the sidelines away from Keenum and the coaches, not listening in on the QB talk back when Haskins was the backup. The criticism now isn't that he cares too much. It's that he looks like he's trying to throw his weight around with the offensive linemen. The problem with that is he has no weight.

In both cases, we're too far away from the action to know what's really going on. But the glimpses we see certainly don't look flattering.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The criticism for him being disinterested was people seeing him standing on the sidelines away from Keenum and the coaches, not listening in on the QB talk back when Haskins was the backup. The criticism now isn't that he cares too much. It's that he looks like he's trying to throw his weight around with the offensive linemen. The problem with that is he has no weight.

In both cases, we're too far away from the action to know what's really going on. But the glimpses we see certainly don't look flattering.

It was literally that one stupid photo where he’s looking away and everyone decided that was Dwayne. So every time he was on the sidelines doing anything but studying intently then that was the narrative.

And IMO I want my QB communicating with his line. They’ve played like ass. Massive disappointment and I don’t give a crap whose chewing them out so long as someone is. I’d rather he try and be a leader than someone who just shrugs his shoulders and goes to the bench.

Again you can’t have it both ways.

• Thanks 1
Just now, ExoDus84 said:

I wasn't able to see the second half. What's the consensus on his performance? He looked awful in the first half. All I can see is he threw for two TDs and 1 INT. 

For me, it was an overall awful performance.  From where I was standing, he missed a few wide open receivers.  The 1st TD pass was to Guice, it was a screen and Guice did most of the work for 45 yards.  The 2nd TD pass, Sprinkle made a pretty nice catch, the ball was pretty far in front of him, he had to dive to catch it.  The interception was terrible.

He made a long pass to McLaurin that McLaurin had to take away from the defender.

This all said, some of his receivers had balls thrown to them that should have easily been caught.  Sprinkle comes to mind immediately, there was a pass dropped where he was turning upfield before he caught it and didn't look it all the way in.  

IMO, I'm giving him a D.  He looked like he didn't belong for much of the game.

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I wasn't able to see the second half. What's the consensus on his performance? He looked awful in the first half. All I can see is he threw for two TDs and 1 INT. 

Consensus? It really depends on who you ask on the board.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Nope. He’s a failure at leading people.  Any moron with any people skills knows you don’t pull that crap as a rookie the way he has played. His inflated ego makes him hopeless. He’s done. Maybe if he looked at the tablet and spoke to the coaches it’s a different story If he has a constructive take. This wasn’t that. That exchange was pathetic. 

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

For me, it was an overall awful performance.  From where I was standing, he missed a few wide open receivers.  The 1st TD pass was to Guice, it was a screen and Guice did most of the work for 45 yards.  The 2nd TD pass, Sprinkle made a pretty nice catch, the ball was pretty far in front of him, he had to dive to catch it.  The interception was terrible.

He made a long pass to McLaurin that McLaurin had to take away from the defender.

This all said, some of his receivers had balls thrown to them that should have easily been caught.  Sprinkle comes to mind immediately, there was a pass dropped where he was turning upfield before he caught it and didn't look it all the way in.  

IMO, I'm giving him a D.  He looked like he didn't belong for much of the game.

I would agree with that.  Yeah, they dropped some passes, but even if they'd caught them, wouldnt have improved his overall performance all that much.

He looked like he didnt belong, after a bye week, after saying how much more confident he felt about things, after having a playbook tailored to him.

I havent given up  but I also was not encouraged by what I saw today either.

• Like 2
Just now, justice98 said:

I would agree with that.  Yeah, they dropped some passes, but even if they'd caught them, wouldnt have improved his overall performance all that much.

He looked like he didnt belong, after a bye week, after saying how much more confident he felt about things, after having a playbook tailored to him.

I havent given up  but I also was not encouraged by what I saw today either.

Agreed, I was expecting more after a bye week to prepare.

21 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm going to preface this with 'provided he's taking responsibility for his own ups and downs as he develops', which is key to leadership, then I'm all for him standing up and trying to sort out whatever the F was going on with the O-line play today. 

He's been handed the reigns. This, to all intents and purposes, this is his team now. At least for the remainder of this season. And what we hope will be the next decade and more to come. And as such you want him to stand up and be a leader. Now you can say he hasn't won a game in his embryonic career yet to afford him that status but it has to start somewhere. 

Damned if he does. Damned if he doesn't. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I felt he played fine today. For a guy that's only had two career starts and finally had a gameplan compared to when we threw him into ****ty situations, I knew he was gonna struggle. He came out in the second half, credit he missed some guys and threw a INT that i didn't think was his fault imo. Haskins at least got us something Keenum hasn't for the past month: TOUCHDOWNS. Also i'm fine with him cussing out the O-line. We have one of the worst O-lines in the NFL, somebody needs to get in their ass and tell them they're not playing good. Haskins is the one getting sacked, not them. Fans can't make up their minds. We knew this kid was raw coming out, idk why tf anyone feels like he's gonna be Mahomes in his rookie year especially with this trashy team.

Edited by SkinsUltima
Small font
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't "hate" him personally; but he's a viciously raw QB...more raw than most rookie QBs imo.

For all those claiming to have seen "growth" today, could you give specifics? I mean, he looked the same as ever to me. Those mechanics though... Similarly, what "flashes" did he show? Just that he can throw real far? Okay.

1 hour ago, Captain James said:

I don't "hate" him personally; but he's a viciously raw QB...more raw than most rookie QBs imo.

For all those claiming to have seen "growth" today, could you give specifics? I mean, he looked the same as ever to me. Those mechanics though... Similarly, what "flashes" did he show? Just that he can throw real far? Okay.

Dude no one hates him personally. I sure as hell don’t and I’m one of his biggest critics. If he miraculously turns it on and looks like the guy who had 50 TDs to 9 INTs against some decent competition at Ohio State, I would be elated. But it’s a performance based business with only a handful of people who can play QB at this level who come out of college every decade. We don’t have time to throw more years after sunk costs. Seen that movie too many times. 

The false narrative of flashes and glimpses are nonsense. Way too much wishful thinking and optimism because we sunk a first round pick into him. He did nothing today to dispel the fact that he can’t play at this level and never will. Nothing will change the indisputable fact that he’s a bust. 

The comparisons to Aikman and Peyton are laughable as well. He is cartoonishly lost. Those guys were far better. The dude had like 20 yards well into the second quarter today against one of the worst defenses over the past month and he was coming off a bye.

The game plan was to try to not let him humiliate himself and they failed at that. They aren’t running an offense where he is contesting to make plays and win. They gave him screens and single reads off of play action or single reads using only half the field. Then he got some garbage time stat padding down more than 3 scores. He’s not gonna learn anything from that. 

It will get to a point of a mini revolt in the locker room if he has the attitude he did with the O line. His ineptness will cost other players jobs because they can’t be evaluated with his putrid level of play. My hats off to Terry McLaurin for shining despite this ineptness at QB. This isn’t going to end any other way than Haskins being cut or not getting a second contract or face saving trade. The dude has no business in the NFL. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dude no one hates him personally. I sure as hell don’t and I’m one of his biggest critics. If he miraculously turns it on and looks like the guy who had 50 TDs to 9 INTs against some decent competition at Ohio State, I would be elated. But it’s a performance based business with only a handful of people who can play QB at this level who come out of college every decade. We don’t have time to throw more years after sunk costs. Seen that movie too many times. 

The false narrative of flashes and glimpses are nonsense. Way too much wishful thinking and optimism because we sunk a first round pick into him. He did nothing today to dispel the fact that he can’t play at this level and never will. Nothing will change the indisputable fact that he’s a bust. 

The comparisons to Aikman and Peyton are laughable as well. He is cartoonishly lost. Those guys were far better. The dude had like 20 yards well into the second quarter today against one of the worst defenses over the past month and he was coming off a bye.

The game plan was to try to not let him humiliate himself and they failed at that. They aren’t running an offense where he is contesting to make plays and win. They gave him screens and single reads off of play action or single reads using only half the field. Then he got some garbage time stat padding down more than 3 scores. He’s not gonna learn anything from that. 

It will get to a point of a mini revolt in the locker room if he has the attitude he did with the O line. His ineptness will cost other players jobs because they can’t be evaluated with his putrid level of play. My hats off to Terry McLaurin for shining despite this ineptness at QB. This isn’t going to end any other way than Haskins being cut or not getting a second contract or face saving trade. The dude has no business in the NFL. 

Yeah, but how do you REALLY feel?

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Yeah, but how do you REALLY feel?

I really want to win. That’s it. I will even take a 2012 type of year. Doesn’t have to be Super Bowl favorite type of team. I want to see meaningful games in November and December and get into the playoffs and maybe luck out like the Giants and win a Super Bowl. That’s a small realistic hope with Dan in charge. That’s not going to happen with Haskins as QB.

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I really want to win. That’s it. I will even take a 2012 type of year. Doesn’t have to be Super Bowl favorite type of team. I want to see meaningful games in November and December and get into the playoffs and maybe luck out like the Giants and win a Super Bowl. That’s a small realistic hope with Dan in charge. That’s not going to happen with Haskins as QB.

I meant about Haskins. How do you REALLY feel about him.

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I meant about Haskins. How do you REALLY feel about him.

I don’t think he struggled enough. Got thrown in the big stage in college and shined bright pretty much instantly. Now he’s afraid to fail and it’s messed up the whole thing for him. Doesn’t have resilience. That’s my guess. Could be way off but I get that feeling. I don’t see it panning out at all. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1

I don’t know what I’m seeing. Either the offense is asking him do things he’s never done before and he can’t get comfortable or he’s just incompetent. I hope the garbage time success helps him find a comfort zone.  More importantly he has to start making plays. The 67yd play was magic but that has to happen 3-4 times a game. A well placed slant or screen throw isn’t going to cut it. 

• TK changed the title to FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
  • PCS locked this topic