Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

****ing awesome.  Best thing that coulda happened to the Redskins.  I dont care why other teams shied away -- I watched every snap this guy took in college.  He's good.  Needs about one year on the bench to develop his footwork and get used to taking snaps out of center.  But he's a proQB through and through, arm is legit, good football IQ, not overwhelmingly vocal but likeable and has good family support.  Theres nothing really to not like about this guy.

He started well coming in and beating Michigan in his 1st start, next year did well but had a hiccup game against a poor opponent, by the end of the year was unstoppable and shredded that supposed number one Michigan defense for 6 TD's and 500 yards passing, followed by 600 yds passing and 5TDs in his final game in the rosebowl against another solid defense.  You really cant ask for a player to finish on a higher note than than that any more than that.  Ryan Day runs a West-Cost style pro offense which Haskins performed very well in.  I didnt see the value in him staying another year in college cause he was already too good for most college defenses to present enough of a challenge that he could learn much from playing against them.  

4 minutes ago, kwitt said:

Byron Leftwich 2.0

Similar as in they are both tough guys, otherwise I don't really get the comparison. Leftwich had such a long, slow delivery whereas haskins has a short quick delivery.  Glad we didn't need to trade up to get him. My hopes are high for this guys future.

Smartest football IQ in the draft. Groomed to be a QB and pure pocket passer. Was my #1 overall in February and thrilled we have opportunity to develop him into NFL QB. Most underrated skill, pocket presence. 

I seriously think we are 1 edge rusher from a super bowl caliber D, but would never pass on a QB with this the of talent at 15. 

Draft has been coming to us past few years, awesome

17 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Not this year. He'll continue being the backup for at least this year. 

I wonder what number Haskins will take?

Case isnt that much better then him for that to make sense.  How many of these young QBs we seen step in and step up lately?  Its sportscenter time, baby, **** that ****. 

17 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Smith goes to IR, and Colt is 3rd string on the 53.

We're keeping 3 QB's this year, so Josh Johnson doesn't have to come back.

Wish they cut Alex and Colt and draft developmental QB instead.

28 minutes ago, C26 Run said:

Smart pick @15.  Needed a QB.  He definitely should sit for the season.  Will have to get a WR in the 2nd.  Then go with defense for the rest.  

No way. He is the starter day one. You don't draft someone like Haskins and sit him over Case or Colt. You play him right away. 

After watching that video of him posted here. He looks good. If the commentator is right - if the Redskins get him Gruden will love him. Nailed it. 

Him being friend of Dan's son I am sure he will want to impress and work his ass off. That could be a good thing. 

1 minute ago, Alexa said:

No way. He is the starter day one. You don't draft someone like Haskins and sit him over Case or Colt. You play him right away. 

If he doesn't beat them out he sits. No reason to rush him. 

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

he needs a good o line and time to develope.  I’m not sure how that fits in with what the redskins bring to the table...

Washington has one of the better offensive lines in the league when healthy. Problem is they can't stay healthy. 

39 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Wow, didn't know he's that slow.

There's DT's faster than him

34 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

His 40 yard dash has got to be a misprint.

31 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I like the pick better than Rosen.

Either that, or his 40 yard dash was a mis-sprint.

😉

He's not getting paid to run. Also, he's still faster than Tom Brady was at the combine. I'd say that worked out well for him. 

We stole him. Period. My top QB in the draft. With a real gun for an arm. His medium range accuracy is some of the best I have ever seen on tape. Yes he struggles with pressure up the middle and his footwork needs help. But the raw skills cant be denied. And on the bright side we are not NY Giant fans. You guys need to read through this. It is a beautiful thing to laugh at:

https://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=582384&thread_page=1

I'm okay with Haskins since we didn't trade up for him. I still would have preferred waiting till next year as there is a good chance Gruden is gone after this year, but you absolutely HAVE to have a QB in this league and at least we now have one with some talent to work with.

Archived