Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, SkinsFTW said:

And you came to that conclusion from his 5 years coaching players on a team that NOBODY has won with because of Dan, Vinny, Bruce, and the clownshow.

What you also should know from the past 20+ years is that Dan Snyder can't pick a QB. Every scrub we've had, McNabb, George, Ramsey, Candle, RG3, have all failed. Most of them got a 2nd coach and then failed again.

What are the odds of something different happening this time. Close to zilch, IMO.

You're adding to the argument bro unless you actually believe that Gruden would be successful if Dan and Bruce weren't in the mix. I don't know what games you've been watching over the past 6 years, but no team in Gruden's tenure has been prepared and all of them have been embarrassed on every possible stage going back to his days in Cincinnati. Blaming it on the clown show is fine, but Gruden is with these players every day so you can put a red button his ****ing nose as well. And yes nothing will change if Bruce is still here. **** Dan being here because we all know he ain't going nowhere. So you're probably right about nothing changing. But at this point who gives a ****? The stadium attendance answers that.

4 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

You're adding to the argument bro unless you actually believe that Gruden would be successful if Dan and Bruce weren't in the mix. I don't know what games you've been watching over the past 6 years, but no team in Gruden's tenure has been prepared and all of them have been embarrassed on every possible stage going back to his days in Cincinnati. Blaming it on the clown show is fine, but Gruden is with these players every day so you can put a red button his ****ing nose as well. And yes nothing will change if Bruce is still here. **** Dan being here because we all know he ain't going nowhere. So you're probably right about nothing changing. But at this point who gives a ****? The stadium attendance answers that.

692F1098-A240-4157-BCD1-89821890F90B.gif

31 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Haskins was protected and had open options on every drop back.

Steven Smith said didn’t care for Haskins because he’s more of a running qb. 

What was wrong with the scheme? 

It’s relevant to the conversation that’s been ongoing for 5 months. 

Sometime Crickets are in order. Not because you don't agree with me, but your replies are completely out of context of whats being said. It doesn't appear at all that you do any homework. I'll answer a question (you should know the answer to) with a question.....do you see an offense that produces an adequate run game? Do you see anything remotely creative? Hell, do you see points being scored? Can you answer yes to any of the three questions? If you can, than you truly are lacking (fill in the blanks) and will get the crickets you pretty much deserve right now. Unless of course you're Gruden. In that case you'd get two metal handed chops to the throat for even suggesting a good game plan at any point in your tenure.

1 minute ago, joeken24 said:

Sometime Crickets are in order. Not because you don't agree with me, but your replies are completely out of context of whats being said. It doesn't appear at all that you do any homework. I'll answer a question (you should know the answer to) with a question.....do you see an offense that produces an adequate run game? Do you see anything remotely creative? Hell, do you see points being scored? Can you answer yes to any of the three questions? If you can, than you truly are lacking (fill in the blanks) and will get the crickets you pretty much deserve right now. Unless of course you're Gruden. In that case you'd get two metal handed chops to the throat for even suggesting a good game plan at any point in your tenure.

What a moment for the internet.

E34B16DA-0693-45B9-A268-6DDA0EB3BE28.gif

If you are going to select a qb in the draft with the forethought of making him your franchise qb, well I think such a pick is worthy of almost any sole draft pick. This is acceptable because of the extreme costs it often takes to secure such a qb and because no one is close to perfect when it comes to draft analysis. It is for this reason that I didn't think the Jones pick was outright terrible and I couldn't dog the haskins pick from a value point of view. 

I was never a huge fan of haskins, but my analysis could be wrong. He has some elite talent, was great in college, is fairly protypical size wise, and is young enough to correct mistakes.. I can accept that my analysis could be wrong. What I can't really accept is the timing. Ever since I can remember the skins have always had a regime switch with a young qb already present. 

This might be the biggest issue that has prevented the skins from being successful since Snyder came to town. It hasn't worked for us and it doesn't work elsewhere in the NFL (possibly Goff being an exception). 

We are nearing a point of a qb-coach carousel again. We'll have a new guy come in who will have to try to make haskins work even though haskins isn't his guy. And because haskins is so young and does need time to develop, it's only fair to give haskins 2 years under a new coach. 

When that doesnt work, we'll be left with a team that desperately needs a new qb (and might overpay for in the draft), while players on the team lose focus and confidence in their coach as the team struggles without consistency at the qb position. Rinse and repeat. Brutal cycle.  

And don't get me started on the management trio of Bruce allen, Jay gruden, and Doug Williams.. all riding the coattails of nepotism and accomplishments unrelated to their current position. 

57 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I'm not saying he's great but even Mike Tomlin went to 2 SBs with the Steelers and won 1.

Same thing with McCarthy.

Both of those guys would be no better than Gruden has been here and likely worse.

Based on what? i mean both of those coaches have won super bowls and Gruden hasn't ever done anything. So how can you say those guys would be no better and likely worse.  No logic to that statement and I'd much rather have either of those 2 over the bum we have now. 

7 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Based on what? i mean both of those coaches have won super bowls and Gruden hasn't ever done anything. So how can you say those guys would be no better and likely worse.  No logic to that statement and I'd much rather have either of those 2 over the bum we have now. 

I’d be thrilled by few coaches, Tomlin is among the few I’d love to have. 

Joe Banner confirming what I was saying all along, back in May after watching half of Haskins' starts:  that there's plenty of teams out there that didnt think much of Haskins.   In my case, I saw him more of a 5th round talent.  He was the most INACCURATE QB throwing the ball down the field I have probably EVER seen taken in the 1st round.  Ever.  He was downright TERRIBLE.  He was atrocious on 3rd down conversions through the air in those 7 games I saw.  The guy LIVED on behind-the-line-of-scrimmage passes and screen passes at OSU with their elite program talent .  And when I learned Dan Snyder, and not a real football person, drafted him.....that's all I needed to know at that point.   

And I don't "hate" Haskins either, for the fools who think I do.  Just like I don't "hate" Bruce Allen.  They both are what they are.   What I actually hate is the decision maker who chooses the garbage talent at QB, GM, and coach here.  That's what I actually hate.  I don't hate a bag of flaming dog crap (B. Allen, Haskins, Jim Zorn, Vinny Cerrato).  It is what it is.  I hate the idea that there's an idiot that goes out on the front porch, looks at the flaming bag of dog crap, consults nobody else, and says to himself, I like this bag of dog crap, it will be the solution I need so let's bring that bag of dog crap inside the house for a decade.

6 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I’d be thrilled by few coaches, Tomlin is among the few I’d love to have. 

wow, i seen your replies before.  Now I know.   You........we're not allowed to personally insult.  I'll just say you know NOTHING AT ALL about football.  ZERO.

17 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

Joe Banner confirming what I was saying all along, back in May after watching half of Haskins' starts:  that there's plenty of teams out there that didnt think much of Haskins.   In my case, I saw him more of a 5th round talent.  He was the most INACCURATE QB throwing the ball down the field I have probably EVER seen taken in the 1st round.  Ever.  He was downright TERRIBLE.  He was atrocious on 3rd down conversions through the air in those 7 games I saw.  The guy LIVED on behind-the-line-of-scrimmage passes and screen passes at OSU with their elite program talent .  And when I learned Dan Snyder, and not a real football person, drafted him.....that's all I needed to know at that point.   

And I don't "hate" Haskins either, for the fools who think I do.  Just like I don't "hate" Bruce Allen.  They both are what they are.   What I actually hate is the decision maker who chooses the garbage talent at QB, GM, and coach here.  That's what I actually hate.  I don't hate a bag of flaming dog crap (B. Allen, Haskins, Jim Zorn, Vinny Cerrato).  It is what it is.  I hate the idea that there's an idiot that goes out on the front porch, looks at the flaming bag of dog crap, consults nobody else, and says to himself, I like this bag of dog crap, it will be the solution I need so let's bring that bag of dog crap inside the house for a decade.

wow, i seen your replies before.  Now I know.   You........we're not allowed to personally insult.  I'll just say you know NOTHING AT ALL about football.  ZERO.

Joe Banner is a moron. He says 14 teams passed on Haskins which is a stupid statement as it is. 14 teams passed on him, because 12 of them didn't want or need a QB. As for the draft grades. Patrick Mahomes wasn't graded a 100 across the board either. Many questioned the Chiefs for moving up and taking him. Yet how has that worked out. Guess what Ryan Leaf went before Peyton Manning. In other words you don't know what you have until he's given a chance to play. A real chance not thrown into a game that is half over after having no playing time with any of the starters. Not to mention his starters consist of no run game or offensive line. His only weapon on the team is from his college team Ohio state. Forgive me If I'm  not going to throw the towel in on Haskins. I don't care who drafted him. Jay, Bruce, Snyder or his Wife. If really doesn't matter and I know on draft day there were a ton of people saying Washington made the right choice picking Haskins. Only time will tell if he becomes the player we all want. 

15 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

I mustn’t, you’re evidence of that, you have echoed each of the concerns about Haskins I laid out 7 months ago. 

2 hours ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

At this point your posts are spam. 

9 hours ago, volsmet said:

Haskins was protected and had open options on every drop back.

I agree he was protected - and guys open on every drop back is not really a surprise, as that IS Jay's calling card - and it was the lowly Giants after all. All QBs miss open WRs, especially when not getting significant first team reps before their first game, missing his WR1, and feeling the pressure of losing big on the road. Additional mental pressure knowing he had 2 backups inside including a rookie guard with 1 quarter under his square framed belt. Who needs a run game anyways.

He is super raw of course but it's more about situation and preparation. Common sense says you give your first round pick first team reps ALL WEEK in practice before playing him, short of an injury.  And it's also common courtesy - especially for someone as inexperienced as him.   Haskins probably uses the internets and knows damn well Jay didn't want him. He spikes his skins garb off his gram...  and then coincidentally ends up getting some first team reps.... He knows Jay is on the hotseat on top of all that, likely shattering any confidence he has in Jay and his play calls.

I dunno, it's just all indicative of a toxic situation and both Jay and Haskins are right in the middle of all of it. He probably wanted any team besides us to draft him.

I'll stick to my guns - we need to play him and draft a QB next year if he cannot progress enough to ease concerns at QB.

11 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

You're judging based on one half of football.  Daniel Jones worked out with the first team and game planning for the entire week.  I just don't think it's fair to blast him over that.

I'm not judging him and I'm not blasting him...I'm just pointing out what I saw. Did you see what happened when Nick Foles got hurt in Jax? The Minshew kid came in and made plays. Jones has come in and made plays. Haskins needs to be ready to go when his number is called. The fact is, guys were open and he didn't see them. I'm not blaming him or anyone else, but that's what was shown. Hopefully he saw the film, got some game experience and grows from it. God knows I want him to be great, read my posts. I'm hoping we hire someone from the Chiefs tree who makes another Mahomes out of DH...

I will wait to pass judgement until Haskins has played more. A little over 2 quarters of football isn't enough to judge. 

I also see that some Redskins fans have already crowned Jones and Minshew after 4 weeks. We have a very grass is greener on the other side fanbase lol it's a part of the Redskins culture..

Lol but back to my opinion of Haskins. He has to get back in the lab after that performance. More than a few good to legendary QBs didn't have the best first 2 quarters of football. Let Keenum get another run. Now that Haskins has felt live bullets, he should get back to preparing.

P.s. isn't it so Redskins that the biggest advantage we have our rookie, a familiar WR, wasn't there when we threw him out there? We play checkers while this week, we will see an organization of chess players. I like the direction with Doug William's hire. We need MORE football people in the organization.

13 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

The fact that Louis Riddick, one of Haskins' biggest cheerleaders all year, continues to beat the drum of Gruden having an "agenda" for merely playing him in a game should be alarming for everyone.  

If Allen is relieved of his duties and Riddick comes in I may actually shed a real life tear. Just one though. 

27 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

The fact that Louis Riddick, one of Haskins' biggest cheerleaders all year, continues to beat the drum of Gruden having an "agenda" for merely playing him in a game should be alarming for everyone.  

For not preparing him, then playing him.

Every QB is different.  Bringing up what this QB did, or what that QB did is not relevant, IMO.  Situations are different, skill sets are different, stages of development, coaching is different, etc. 

We're literally 4 games into the season and Haskins has played all of one half of football and people are freaking out.  It's absurd.

Just now, justice98 said:

Every QB is different.  Bringing up what this QB did, or what that QB did is not relevant, IMO.  Situations are different, skill sets are different, stages of development, coaching is different, etc. 

Shows you the maturity of the kid that he said exactly this when asked. Hes got his head on straight. Just need him to complete more passes. 

Just now, justice98 said:

We're literally 4 games into the season and Haskins has played all of one half of football and people are freaking out.  It's absurd.

As a Redskins fan, I cant escape that feeling of creeping dread. I just cant. Its always with me. 

7 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Just like every other backup QB that has ever played in the NFL since the modern era.

To be clear, that doesn’t make it right. Or wrong, for that matter. Situations are different and they all need to be approached differently.

Archived