Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Just seemed inevitable. Haskins ceiling is pretty average IMO and some of his behavior (like smiling and acting like the team had won after the Ravens game) must have drove Ron crazy. Hopefully the next QB won't be drafted by the owner. I mean, how can anyone can be surprised Danny's pick ended up working out like this?

3 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

That's Rivera throwing his player, his starting QB, under the bus. That's when I changed my opinion on Rivera. 

I think you have to ask yourself why didn't Ron do this with Cam but he did it with Dwayne, Cam had plenty of moments but for whatever reason Cam and Ron had a bond and Ron trusted him through those first 2 losing seasons.

That goes against the narrative that Ron wont let a QB develop.

This doesn't seem like a normal benching due to play, its smells like a disciplinary move.

I see competing narratives going on here:

1) Haskins' play against the Ravens was poor and just underscored what Rivera understood about him even going back to game film from last year. Sure there are some glimpses but he obviously sucks and needed to be benched. Not throwing into the end zone on 4th down was the final test and he failed it. Way to go coach Rivera! 👍

2) Haskins' play hasn't been very good this year but not to the point that he needs to be benched asap. This seems more like it was motivated by something else besides his on-field play, possibly his agent's tweet that was most likely done with Haskins' knowledge beforehand, and Rivera is letting his players know that he will not tolerate it. Way to go coach Rivera! 👍

3) Rivera is all over the map in terms of what the plan is...wants to see what we have, then wants to win now no matter what. Says Haskins is starter, then 3 days later benches him all the way down to 3rd sting. Angry that Haskins' agent went public with criticisms, then publicly throws Haskins under the bus with criticisms. This is not what I was expecting. Way to go coach Rivera! 😡

4) 😂... 😀... 🙂... 😐... ☹️... 🤔... 🤪...

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Daniel Jones approves this message.

oh my Is this the wrong place to laugh at New York? B oth teams talking about sucking for Trevor?  Jets I get it, but their problems are organizational more than personnel IMO.   But Wasn't Daniel Jones the agreed upon consensus most ready to play last year?  What happened?

Just now, Veretax said:

oh my Is this the wrong place to laugh at New York? B oth teams talking about sucking for Trevor?  Jets I get it, but their problems are organizational more than personnel IMO.   But Wasn't Daniel Jones the agreed upon consensus most ready to play last year?  What happened?

The Football Gods struck them down

37 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I havn't seen any quotes from player reactions.

Has anyone ?

Np player with an ounce of sense is jumping into this situation with anything other than some kind of "we are focused on the Rams" answer. Which is not to say someone will not show an ounce of sense ...

20 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:
Hopefully, other players will make plays for the new QB. 

Apart from Terry and Gibson what starters do we have that you think can make plays for anyone?

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Np player with an ounce of sense is jumping into this situation with anything other than some kind of "we are focused on the Rams" answer. Which is not to say someone will not show an ounce of sense ...

Remember when Santana Moss publicly criticized Shanahan benching Rex Grossman for John Beck? lol...

giphy.gif

On 10/5/2020 at 4:05 PM, joeken24 said:

DH played like a rookie with some flash this weekend. The reality is (all be it his second year), he's a rookie. So I suppose I'll have to lower my expectation, stop comparing him to other QBs that seem to (so-called) have it all together in their rookie years and allow Ron to do what it do. Josh Allen and even the kid in Cleveland brings me pause about being quick to judgement on DH. The only problem I have with DH is his game time accuracy. I don't know what he does in practice, but he definitely does not exude accuracy in the games. I'd rather him be accurate and miss a few reads than to see the read, make the throw and have that throw go in the ****ing stands. Relax Francis for god's sake!

Still confused?

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Yea with DJ Swearinger gone, I'm not sure if anyone on this team would jump into an issue like this.

I haven't heard Cooley but that sentiment is what my best guess would be.

People say Rivera is giving mixed messages.  But deep down the message might be crystal clear but he's not going to share it.  If he doesn't think Haskins has what it takes, he's not going to level the dude publicly.  Give a nice excuse for the benching.  It's sort of the breakup of its not you, its me.  Hey its not Haskins i just really want to win.  Even though the reality is probably I don't think Haskins is the dude. 

Some here are giving Rivera. a hard time for likely using a soft breakup line.    But IMO for Rivera to likely be brutally honest about why he's benching the dude might demand him to be cruel. And why should he be cruel?  And those here who really dig Haskins, I doubt they'd have liked Rivera better if he shared his true feelings about it versus the softish spin he gave for it. 

Archived