Sign in to follow this  
TK

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

October 7, 2019

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins have released the following player:

LB Cassanova McKinzy

The Redskins have signed the following player:

TE Hale Hentges

He went to Alabama you say? Well why not add 5th TE. A little surprised about McKinzy. I guess Noah Spence moved ahead of him. But what's the deal with TE? Is the team really keeping 5 guys?

8 minutes ago, Jericho said:

He went to Alabama you say? Well why not add 5th TE. A little surprised about McKinzy. I guess Noah Spence moved ahead of him. But what's the deal with TE? Is the team really keeping 5 guys?

they apparently don't want to IR anyone but they are potentially down to one, with Cunningham also in concussion protocol

This guy was the blocking counterpart to Irv Smith Jr at Bama. Could be a Logan Paulsen type for us. Definitely a signing for running the ball

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, carex said:

they apparently don't want to IR anyone but they are potentially down to one, with Cunningham also in concussion protocol

I thought Cunningham got hurt, just couldn't remember exactly what. Still, a bit surprised they didn't waive him instead (as injured). Maybe they'll wait until he's cleared by the doctors. Who knew Jeremy Sprinkle was such the iron man?

22 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Man, McKinzy seemed really promising this preseason. What the hell happened there? 

Jay Gruden was fired and Bruce Allen Bruce Allened everyone.

Haven't you paid attention?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Hale to the Redskins 

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Jay Gruden was fired and Bruce Allen Bruce Allened everyone.

Haven't you paid attention?

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

Voltron technique? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who in the organization decides these player moves???? Bruce? Dan? Doug? We now know it's not Jay. Did the LB coach just say "OK, you can cut McKinzy, he's no use to us anymore"?

This is the beginning of a cultural revolution, people. We're going with a 4 TE formation next week. Big Bill formation. Bill Callahan wants to run the ball, Bill Callahan will get it done.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Who in the organization decides these player moves???? Bruce? Dan? Doug? We now know it's not Jay. Did the LB coach just say "OK, you can cut McKinzy, he's no use to us anymore"?

I'm pretty sure the head coach makes these decisions.  Certainly there's limits, like if the coach tried to cut Haskins for a roster spot, he'd be told no

• Like 1

1 minute ago, carex said:

I'm pretty sure the head coach makes these decisions.  Certainly there's limits, like if the coach tried to cut Haskins for a roster spot, he'd be told no

Interesting....so Callahan said the TE would be of more value than McKinzy???? Didn't take him long to start slicin and dicin...

That was the problem all along!  Surely that move will fix it, thats the missing piece Brucey has been looking for, the last piece of the "Its Close" jigsaw considering we have such an amazing culture, coaches(everyone but Gruden) and players.

10 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

This is the beginning of a cultural revolution, people. We're going with a 4 TE formation next week. Big Bill formation. Bill Callahan wants to run the ball, Bill Callahan will get it done.

Not with Bruce Allen around.....I have said it for years and years.  Cerrato / Allen curse.  Bruce has decimated the fan base and our team.

40 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

who are the other two going to be?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, carex said:

3 of them are Sprinkle, Cunningham, and now Hentges. The fourth is between Reed and Davis. When Callahan holds one finger up, whichever player sees only 3 fingers instead of 4 gets the job. That or Ryan Anderson goes full Lorenzo Alexander on us.

Speaking of which, I wonder whether a fullback might enter the fold before the season is through?

Edited by NickyJ

3 hours ago, carex said:

Ryan Anderson, Mr. Swiss Army Knife 😁 and Dwayne Haskins, cause why not?

I'm really hoping that after the bye week we can see more of Hale Hentges. In my spare time I've been reading more and more about him and there seems to be potential. 

As a Colts fan he's actually a solid complete TE was often compared to Jack Doyle all summer and looked the part in preseason I know things are looking down right now but good signing wish the Colts could have kept him.

For Colts during training camp, he caught every pass except one. Made Colts roster over good depth tight end. Was released because of too many DB injuries, hoping to re-sign to practice squad

I’d encourage you to watch Hale Hentges. He was picked up two weeks ago and got in the game Thursday night. He’s a good-sized TE with good hands. Blocks well.

Hentges got real high praise from Colts. Maybe just 1 TE in the second. Which we can acquire by trading players for picks. Chase young with our first round and the best Tackle available with the first round we get for Trent. Andrew Thomas would be a dream... #httr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^^^  This led me to read up on him and gives promise that he becomes a needed viable option moving forward. 

• Like 1