Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Fear Bruce Is Here Until Stadium Deal Is Done..

Veryoldschool

I was listening to a Redskins talk show on MASN and 1 of the commentators said that Gruden was going to get canned but that Snyder prized Allen because Allen's political connections are vital to getting a stadium funded.  I don't know if Snyder instructed his minions to say this but as soon as I heard it sounded like the sad truth.

This makes ZERO sense, but then again, Snyder and sense don't go well together. Hypothetically, if he fired Bruce a long time ago and hired a legitimate football GM who actually changed the culture around and had the team winning. Wouldn't that do more for an NFL stadium than a losing product could ever do? Cities are falling over each other trying to lure Amazon because Amazon is successful. I would imagine, DMV would do the same if the Redskins were a winning product. 

The stadium connection is overblown. Snyder kept Vinny for years, too, simply because Dan liked having him around.

Dan doesn't need to hand the keys of his organization to the brother of a former senator who hasn't seen office in 12 years. Snyder owns a professional football team, the local politicians would flock to him regardless. As an example, Muriel Bowser is practically begging him to bring the Redskins back to D.C. -- he doesn't need Bruce to cultivate any relationship with her. The governors of both Maryland and Virginia have lobbied their interest to Snyder. Why the F does he need Bruce? To help navigate him through the treacherous arena that is Washington politics? Did Jerry Jones or Zygi Wilf have to make Kay Hutchison or Amy klobuchar's ****ing dumb*** brother the team president to get their new stadiums up??? Why is Bruce really here???

10 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

The stadium connection is overblown. Snyder kept Vinny for years, too, simply because Dan liked having him around.

Dan doesn't need to hand the keys of his organization to the brother of a former senator who hasn't seen office in 12 years. Snyder owns a professional football team, the local politicians would flock to him regardless. As an example, Muriel Bowser is practically begging him to bring the Redskins back to D.C. -- he doesn't need Bruce to cultivate any relationship with her. The governors of both Maryland and Virginia have lobbied their interest to Snyder. Why the F does he need Bruce? To help navigate him through the treacherous arena that is Washington politics? Did Jerry Jones or Zygi Wilf have to make Kay Hutchison or Amy klobuchar's ****ing dumb*** brother the team president of their franchises to get their new stadiums up??? Why is Bruce really here???

All good points but Bruce remains.

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

This is truly an awful reminder. They actually think that stadium is the problem. It sucks because Snyder built it, and the next one will probably be just as bad for that same reason. 

I hate to spare snyder of anything, but the stadium is not completely hus fault. Jack Kent Cooke had that thing thrown  together quickly before he died. Dan can be blamed for making it look like a failed tetris puzzle though. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

This is truly an awful reminder. They actually think that stadium is the problem. It sucks because Snyder built it, and the next one will probably be just as bad for that same reason. 

Snyder didn't build FedEx, which happened under Jack Kent Cooke after he became frustrated trying to build in DC. 

6 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Snyder didn't build FedEx, which happened under Jack Kent Cooke after he became frustrated trying to build in DC. 

For some reason I always thought it happened under him. I was under the impression that it was built right when he became the owner. I can see why Dan wants a new stadium but hes going about it in the worst way imaginable. He's keeping a guy around that is helping him ruin the brand and destroying the fanbase. Most of us dont care what stadium they play in, we just want to experience winning football. Everything else will start to fall into place 

Someone tell me what ****ing political connections does Allen have that Snyder doesn't?  It's not like people don't know who Snyder is.  And if he doesn't know someone, I'm sure he's probably got the necessary means to facilitate a meeting or a phonecall based off the fact that he owns the football team.

It'd be one thing if Allen had held office somewhere, sometime.  And it's not like Dan isn't some newcomer to the area, either.  I'm not saying I don't buy that excuse about having "connections" but I don't buy that excuse for Allen.

So the story goes, and I fear this may well be the case.

However...the 60 Minutes episode on it happened 3.5 years ago and what's been accomplished since then? Absolutely nothing. Not even a decision on site as far as we're aware. So where does the issue with the lack of progress lie? So much for influence of you aren't any closer that far down the line. How much patience does Snyder have on this?

35 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Well, opposing fans.  Which is why he wants to put it in DC.  Make the tourist trip to see the city and catch a football game that much more convenient! 

I wonder if Dan is consulting with the owners and fans of the opposing teams to get their opinion on what they might want regarding the new stadium?  I mean, why not setup designated areas for Eagles, Giants and Cowboy fans -- make them feel as cozy and comfy as possible since they will be fully representing for their teams.  Like for the Eagles fans we can set up a make-shift jail right next to their tailgating area.  Oh!  And since the Pats are such a great organization with great fans lets dedicate at least half the stadium to them all with massage seats and free hoodies with the sleeves cut off.  And of course for the remaining Skins fans the team should offer incentives for selling their tickets on the secondary market (apparently Bruce loves this!), like maybe a autographed photo of Bruce guzzling a Coors Light.  Or even better, a autographed photo of Dan lounging on his yacht.  Oh man,....almost makes me want to buy season tickets and sell them -- that would be so great!

So its obvious to everyone Bruce sucks at pretty much everything that involves anything football related when it comes to being a GM, but from what I see hes a pretty terrible politician because hes yet to secure a stadium location.  So my question is how can you suck so bad at your job that everyone in the world knows you suck but yet hes still employeed? Everything Bruce has touched since being here has turned into a steaming pile on poop. Any of us hardworking fans sucked as bad at our jobs as Bruce does as GM we would have been given the pink slip. I just do not understand what goes on in that brain of Dan Snyder,  I really don't  

Who gives a **** about a stadium if they fan base is destroyed in the process? I've watched one game this season because I reached the point where I just don't care. I sure as heck won't be running to watch crappy football just because its in a new building.

Snyder sees the new stadium as a huge cash cow that he can pass down to his son for generational wealth.   DC officials would be stupid to let him build a stadium there.

He will sell if he cannot build in DC, MD, or VA.  Even if fans boycott and do not go to the new stadium he will still make profit from tv revenue.  He wins as long as he

can get it built.  He can do concerts and other activities in the off season.   He will profit big time.    He does not care if half the fan base checks out on him.  He can raise

beer, hot dog, parking prices etc. for the die hard fans and out of state fans and opposing fans who do show up.

Archived