Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Redskins Name Bill Callahan Head Coach

Boss_Hogg

44 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Our most durable RB, was inactive week 1. 

My point? Orgs and thus teams lose on purpose.

Ok...so your point is that for the first game of the season, Gruden wanted to lose...

Gotcha...makes TOTAL sense...

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

No way they do this, if they do I prob wont watch many games next year...I mean of course I will but man that will be tough. 

How many times have you said “no way they do this” when it comes to this team? There is a great chance they do exactly this.

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

The merest prospect of Callahan being HC in 2020 makes me want to puke.

I just want the best man for the job regardless. (Which is limited from the outside you would imagine by virtue of nobody of any real note wanting to work under Snyder's 'structure.'). 

If that man is Callahan then I'll be sound with that. 

Hail. 

Finlay talked about it in the post game show last night, the 2nd post game show.  And then later on the radio.

In short, he said don't count on Callahan because is super tight with Bruce and that matters a lot to Bruce.  But at the same time when pushed on the radio (unless am confusing him for another beat guy, I listened to a lot of radio this morning), it was said Callahan is unlikely to be the guy.

As for my take about Callahan.  Tough to judge.   Digging about him some, there are some things I like about his coaching style and somethings I don't.   

I like his professor style calming demeanor and sort of his analytical problem solving style.  I recall reading how he's a big Yoga guy.  And he comes off to me like a Yoga-Zen type personality.

I am with Ryan Clark who once said something to the effect of the #1 thing for him with head coaches isn't X's and O's (you can find coordinators who do that) but their personalities and how well they relate to players.  Callahan on that front from what I can tell is a mixed bag.  

If I had to pick the type of coach I'd want.  Count me in the camp of liking the innovative mind -- new school types who also have leadership skills.  Callahan doesn't strike me as that type.  So on the aggregate, I wouldn't be excited about him.  I'd probably though take him over some of the rumored choices like Todd Bowles.   

Bieniemy in theory sounds intriguing.  Not sure though how much leeway Reid has given him as to the play calling.  And I don't know much about him.  But to me the Andy Reid's coaching tree is intriguing. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay talked about it in the post game show last night, the 2nd post game show.  And then later on the radio.

In short, he said don't count on Callahan because is super tight with Bruce and that matters a lot to Bruce.  But at the same time when pushed on the radio (unless am confusing him for another beat guy, I listened to a lot of radio this morning), it was said Callahan is unlikely to be the guy.

As for my take about Callahan.  Tough to judge.   Digging about him some, there are some things I like about his coaching style and somethings I don't.   

I like his professor style calming demeanor and sort of his analytical problem solving style.  I recall reading how he's a big Yoga guy.  And he comes off to me like a Yoga-Zen type personality.

I am with Ryan Clark who once said something to the effect of the #1 thing for him with head coaches isn't X's and O's (you can find coordinators who do that) but their personalities and how well they relate to players.  Callahan on that front from what I can tell is a mixed bag.  

If I had to pick the type of coach I'd want.  Count me in the camp of liking the innovative mind -- new school types who also have leadership skills.  Callahan doesn't strike me as that type.  So on the aggregate, I wouldn't be excited about him.  I'd probably though take him over some of the rumored choices like Todd Bowles.   

Bieniemy in theory sounds intriguing.  Not sure though how much leeway Reid has given him as to the play calling.  And I don't know much about him.  But to me the Andy Reid's coaching tree is intriguing. 

That's who I hope becomes the next HC.  Alex Smith might be whispering in SnyderAllen's ear too.

Maybe Bieniemy will get paid top dollar to come here after the Alex Smith whisper of approval, and then Reid will dupe Booze Allen into trading for Matt Moore for a 2nd rounder.

And Quinton Dunbar.

Alex seems to like it here. Likely because we also gave him top dollar, higher than he could have gotten anywhere else. We didn't even wait for the super blow to trade for him AND grossly extend him. Too bad Booze didn't get suspended for tampering, and the deal voided. Only Booze couldn't see his outlier year was all about Andy Reid. Reid should have Booze over for poker night.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

And I’m sure Andy Reid is loudly telling him the organization is his **** and there will be much greener pastures.

That could be but there are only 32 openings in the NFL to be a HC. 

On 10/14/2019 at 10:36 AM, HigSkin said:

I know Grant is being sarcastic here but suppose what we are all wanting is to show some competitiveness and try to build on a few wins. 

That's about all we can expect from a coaching change mid-season.  They never work out.

Callahan is SO NOT NFL HC material.  

It will be an interesting ride for Callahan if he takes this path

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/group-qb-decision-bill-callahan-has-complete-control-redskins-roster-source

In that vein, don't be shocked if Callahan steps to the podium next week and names Keenum his starter. It might not make sense for the organization's plans in 2020 or beyond, but Callahan has been adamant that his goals are wins this season. 

Keenum or Haskins, whoever gets the call, the decision came from Callahan.

21 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I just want the best man for the job regardless. (Which is limited from the outside you would imagine by virtue of nobody of any real note wanting to work under Snyder's 'structure.'). 

If that man is Callahan then I'll be sound with that. 

Hail. 

Get your Shipwreck IPA packs ready ;)

Bill Callahan's calm demeanor derives from yoga

How that compares with his demeanor behind closed doors to the team is what really matters. Redskins running back Chris Thompson was able to shed some light on that version of Callahan during his weekly appearance with The Sports Junkies, presented by Steamfitters UA Local 602.

"To me, he's always been like this calm... he has like this calm demeanor," Thompson said on 106.7 The Fan. "He's a big yoga guy as well, so I think that's where some of that comes from."

The Junkies let out a collective 'really?' gasp at the notion of Callahan being a yoga guy.

"Yes. Yes. Like, he's faithful to it," Thompson said. "Like now, his role has changed, so now he's more so just surveying everything. You know, just kind of walking around, making sure everything's doing good, as what most head coaches do, or probably all."

..."He usually, especially game time, he just talks to the guys. He doesn't do a lot of yelling and all of that that he may do during the practices. I like it. He's real calm and just kind of laid back. That's Coach Callahan. What you see now is what I've seen and been around this whole time, other than his moments when he's coaching his O-line."

Archived