Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Redskins Name Bill Callahan Head Coach

Boss_Hogg

1 minute ago, profusion said:

Bolded for emphasis.

Would that be the same roster that dropped like a stone during the back half of last season? The first half of last season was an illusion.

We can call it an illusion if we want,  but the starting QB goes down and they cant win a game.  I think if Smith had stayed healthy, they still woulda won at least 7, illusion or otherwise.  This team cant even pull it together enough for an illusion.  

15 minutes ago, profusion said:

Bolded for emphasis.

Would that be the same roster that dropped like a stone during the back half of last season? The first half of last season was an illusion.

No, it wouldn't be. That team was a MASH unit of replacement parts. We were down to our fourth string QB, guards, and tackles. We lost 3/4s of the starters to injury. The team we're seeing now is closer to the 6-3 roster. In fact, you could argue that it's better as swapping McClaurin for Doctson is a major plus and Reed was a no show both years.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

No, it wouldn't. That team was a MASH unit of replacement parts. The team we're seeing now is closer to the 6-3 roster. In fact, you could argue that it's better as swapping McClaurin for Doctson is a major plus and Reed was a no show both years.

But the OL is a disaster. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

But the OL is a disaster. 

Still more intact than at the end of last year. Last year, we were signing guys off the street on Wednesday and starting them on Sunday. This year's o-line has been okay. In fact, they've been a little bit better than I thought they might be (of course, my expectations this season were that everything would be disastrous.)

39 minutes ago, Burgold said:

No, it wouldn't be. That team was a MASH unit of replacement parts. We were down to our fourth string QB, guards, and tackles. We lost 3/4s of the starters to injury. The team we're seeing now is closer to the 6-3 roster. In fact, you could argue that it's better as swapping McClaurin for Doctson is a major plus and Reed was a no show both years.

Okay, I'm not going to get into a debate over which **** sandwich tasted the least bad. 😄

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is anyone open to the idea of Callahan being HC next year ?

He just may be our best option to hire at the time.

Seriously, after todays disaster?

Perhaps you missed the game, but when playing a team that lost by an average of 35 points, we actually lost...except we won because they threw the game at the end.

3 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Seriously, after todays disaster?

Perhaps you missed the game, but when playing a team that lost by an average of 35 points, we actually lost...except we won because they threw the game at the end.

Seriously if the Dolphins didn't go for 2 they would've won that thing in OT. If they start Fitz they would've also won that game. They clearly aren't trying to win and lost by a point to a team trying to win. 

Eh....we need to stop getting ahead of ourselves.  Callahan's gameplan worked today because the 'Skins were able to win basically doing run-run-pass the entire game.  Never had to deviate from the script much at all against an awful Dolphins defense.

Next week, the 49ers defense is likely going to foil any notion that the Redskins offense can rush their way to a victory every week.  All I am hoping for against the Niners is that they make the mistake of matching up Sherman one on one with Scary Terry.   I still remember DeSean Jackson burning Sherman and Sherman trying to play it off afterwards, I think blaming the safety.  If Scary Terry gets over the top and behind him....how sweet that will be. 

1 hour ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Seriously if the Dolphins didn't go for 2 they would've won that thing in OT. If they start Fitz they would've also won that game. They clearly aren't trying to win and lost by a point to a team trying to win. 

If the Dolphins weren't trying to win they never would have put Fitz in, gone for it on 4th down, and called a trick special teams play. 

Going for 2 at the very end of the game was the only time it could be said that they were ok with losing.

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

If the Dolphins weren't trying to win they never would have put Fitz in, gone for it on 4th down, and called a trick special teams play. 

Going for 2 at the very end of the game was the only time it could be said that they were ok with losing.

I'd also argue that the screen wasn't trying to lose. They'd been calling variations of screens all day. That's their bread and butter. They believe in that play.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

I'd also argue that the screen wasn't trying to lose. They'd been calling variations of screens all day. That's their bread and butter. They believe in that play.

Well, to be honest, that screen wasn't much of a screen. That was one of the worst play calls I've ever seen. For their sake I hope their OC called it for tanking (though I don't believe that because I don't believe players and coaches tank). Because yikes.

People who think players and coaches are tanking really must be delusional or have never played sports before. A true athletes pride would never allow them to tank a season or throw a game.

Second, I highly doubt Callahan gets the job at the end of the season.

Third, there were issues during this game for sure, but it appeared to me there were alot less penalties today. Could that be to more discipline? It will be interesting to see how the team responds over the next couple weeks with what appears to be a more disciplined coach.

The Redskins won that game because Josh Rosen was garbage.  His bad play made the defense look great.  As soon as Fitzpatrick entered the game, who while no superstar, is at least a competent journeyman QB, the Dolphins started moving the ball, and scored twice in a limited time frame.   

I know it was a win and there were a few bright spots to take away from it, but we have to be realistic about the situation.

Archived