Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden fired per John Keim

UK_HOG

54 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I do not disagree. Manusky is ****. I said he needed to be fired after game one. But that is not how it typically works. They will keep the current assistants until the end of the season so they do not bring in what will likely be short time coaches. Also, it's my understanding that if they let Manusky go Tomsula will leave with him. Not to mention they still have to pay them. Why pay two salaries at multiple positions. 

No need to uproot all the assistants right now. That's not what this move was about. It was making it clear they are moving on. These guys all know they are done at he end of the season. 

If Tomsula quits they don't have to pay him.  And I could give a crap if Tomsula leaves.  He's nothing special nor is he irreplaceable.  Rob Ryan can take over coaching the DL for the rest of the season and Ray Horton can call the defense.  Whatever it takes to get Manusky out of here.  

A couple of things Russini just said on Sheehan and she seemed to be pretty confident.

1. Did the team leak the video?  Yes, they've had it for years.

2. She asked offensive players off the record how long before Haskins is ready and they said 1-2 years.

3. Will Trent be traded.  Yes, he will be traded soon.

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Kevin on 980 just referred to a report that the FO have been sitting on the Gruden drunk video for 3 years and just released this week before this firing.  Is there a more sleezy group of individuals?

Friggin no class scumbags 

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

This pisses me off "Bruce Allen press conference. 1 pm." It should say Daniel Snyder press conference with Bruce sitting there nervous as hell that he's next to be fired. Snyder is a coward if he doesn't make a statement and take questions. He needs to face the music.

Itll never happen, because Dan is a PAB

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

BRUCE The team has collapsed under your guidance.  Do YOU take any responsibility for the failures of the team on or off the field?

While I believe Bruce is a total loser when it comes to trying to manage a football team, the guy is a survivor that opted not to take the lump sum payment on his hereditary lottery ticket and chose to get paid out over the long haul.

I don't think he's stupid enough to not have at least consulted with folks smarter than him.  I'd imagine time is being spent right now, carefully crafting the message.  He will take or share in the blame of the team's failures, because he has to.  Everyone does, even if they don't believe it to be true.

If Dan wants a splashy hire for next year, the big names will have options and will demand huge $, a clean house, and full operational control (ala Belichick). Anything less, and Dan will choosing from the B Team.

That's our only hope, at this point.

Au revoir, Jay. Didn't do a great job, but never had a chance.

Bye Bye, Chubs Gruden. You've earned those Sundays at Hooters, man.

So, by leaking the video, they are totally going to refuse to pay for the remainder of his contract.

This is Dan's new power move. He used to pay people off to leave. Now,  he fires you, trashes you, and then refuses to honor the contract for the reasons he's trashed you.

6 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Kevin on 980 just referred to a report that the FO have been sitting on the Gruden drunk video for 3 years and just released this week before this firing.  Is there a more sleezy group of individuals?

I wonder if this is why Tony Wylie left.  It was too sleezy for even him.  

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

This pisses me off "Bruce Allen press conference. 1 pm." It should say Daniel Snyder press conference with Bruce sitting there nervous as hell that he's next to be fired. Snyder is a coward if he doesn't make a statement and take questions. He needs to face the music.

Snyder giving cerrato, and now Bruce, a free pass to be terrible at such a critical position for your company is mind boggling.  Especially when you consider Snyder founded a company that eventually sold for $2 billion!!  He had to make some tough decisions there.  You don't just surround yourself with friends and go on auto pilot through rough times and be Uber successful.  Was it Gerald running the show with Danny boy just having his name on the paperwork?  I'd think your average high school graduate could maneuver the Redskins better than Snyder has.

11 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Kevin on 980 just referred to a report by Russini that the FO have been sitting on the Gruden drunk video for 3 years and just released this week before this firing.  Is there a more sleezy group of individuals?

No self-respecting human being will ever want work for this organization. If true, what a buch of low-life individuals.

11 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

A couple of things Russini just said on Sheehan and she seemed to be pretty confident.

1. Did the team leak the video?  Yes, they've had it for years.

2. She asked offensive players off the record how long before Haskins is ready and they said 1-2 years.

3. Will Trent be traded.  Yes, he will be traded soon.

If 1 is true, that reflects badly on the FO, and is no wonders why lots of employees are calling it quits.

If 2 is true, then, as Finlay said, firing Gruden should have happened at the end of last season.  But that is also a huge bet on the player. Most likely he will bust, sadly for him.

If 3 is true, here again it's way too late...

3 minutes ago, drowland said:

I wonder if this is why Tony Wylie left.  It was too sleezy for even him.  

I'm sure it had something to do with it. In some way, shape or form. And he probably got paid to sign a NDA. Granted, I wouldn't be willing to bet money on it, but I definitely think its possible. 

Bruce, Joe Blow from the Washington Post here: "Have you seen your record as a General Manager, specifically here with the Redskins? How does so much dysfunction continue to happen under your leadership? What is your plan moving forward? At what point do you hold yourself accountable? Do you drink a lot?"

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I'm sure it had something to do with it. In some way, shape or form. And he probably got paid to sign a NDA. Granted, I wouldn't be willing to bet money on it, but I definitely think its possible. 

Most likely. Vinny had to sign one when he was finally ****canned. 

Just now, Boss_Hogg said:

Hard to tell, but Tony looked so relieved to be leaving. I met him once, he's actually a good dude. 

I saw him in NY at his last game. Dude never looked so happy before. 

Archived