UK_HOG

Gruden fired per John Keim

Jay's inability to develop a QB damned him.  He didn't have the energy, stability, or even desire to do it.

Time to find someone who does, but it won't be easy.  The majority of NFL coaches are really ****ing bad with QBs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Looks like a press conference at 1

I would be hard pressed to remember a team that ran the ball so poorly...or had so many penalties on the offensive line...lol well this is going to be fun. 

If he truly wants to run the ball more, at least that will help take some pressure off of Haskins, whom I assume will be starting from here on out.

• Like 3

Hope some media guys go hard after him if he doesn't announce his retirement right away

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dballer said:

I would be hard pressed to remember a team that ran the ball so poorly...or had so many penalties on the offensive line...lol well this is going to be fun. 

If he truly wants to run the ball more, at least that will help take some pressure off of Haskins, whom I assume will be starting from here on out.

the irony is Callahan has been in charge of the run game the whole time he's been here.

With Bruce leading the press conference -- assuming he takes questions then it will be entertaining. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Let's put another side to that - if they do not fire him out of the organization altogether you have to come in here and admit I was right? 🙂  Fair enough? 

Fair enough !

Posted (edited)

I wonder if JP Finlay is assuming Bruce Allen will be the one giving the press conference or if he knows for a fact it will be.  The press release doesn't say that it will be Allen.  I'll be shocked if it is Allen giving it.

And I have a meeting at 1pm so I won't hear it :(

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

if Dan-Bruce think firing Jay in itself will please the masses, I think they will be rudely surprised.   I think it will help them for a few days maybe.  And help them with a small niche of Redskins fans. 

I am not one of the Jay haters on the board.  But I've thought there is one upside of Jay being canned during the season.  It exposes Bruce a bit more because it removes a target.  If/when it doesn't change their losing and or growing lack of interest from fans.

Finlay said last night though that he hears Bruce is safe because of the stadium. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Ok lets be honest.   Jay wasn't a great coach, but I don't fault him for how bad this team is.  I hate how everyone uses the coach as a scapegoat.   How many coaches have we had in the last 20 years?  And how many have done anything decent?   Even Joe Gibbs couldn't give us a winning team again.   Until Bruce goes nothing will change.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

Ok lets be honest.   Jay wasn't a great coach, but I don't fault him for how bad this team is.  I hate how everyone uses the coach as a scapegoat.   

Uh, Jay was awful.  If Joe had not picked brunell or Campbell likely would have been a more successful run.  

• Like 1

I hope the media loads up on questions AT Bruce.  The media here is so soft, I know I know they fear losing their beat but Bruce is at the core of Jay getting fired.

Where can I bet that Doug is sent out to the podium even though Bruce is expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The media talks a tough game in articles and on Twitter but when they are in the room they always throw softballs. It would be fitting if they trotted Doug out there instead of Bruce.

Also I look forward to seeing our new run heavy offense being run by a guy who can't seem to coach his offensive line out of a wet paper bag this year.  Somehow I feel like they managed to take a bad product and make it worse.

Edited by MariusVT
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Hope some media guys go hard after him if he doesn't announce his retirement right away

One can only hope that someone has the guts to roast him. No doubt Gruden shares a huge responsibility in this mess, but so does Bruce Allen 

14 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I hope the media loads up on questions AT Bruce.  The media here is so soft, I know I know they fear losing their beat but Bruce is at the core of Jay getting fired.

It's a big assumption that he's going to take questions.  I fully expect him to read a longer version of the statement they put out this morning, announce Callahan as the interim head coach and be done as for his portion of the PC.

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

the irony is Callahan has been in charge of the run game the whole time he's been here.

With Bruce leading the press conference -- assuming he takes questions then it will be entertaining. 

Things should be fun if he does that "Awww, look at you cute little dumbasses" routine again. There could be legit fireworks. People are pissed. If the media in this town weren't such pansies, punches would've been thrown a long time ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I'm shocked 

Wake me up when Bruce ends.

400072-han-solo-in-carbonite-002.jpg

Until then good winter sleep

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I wonder if JP Finlay is assuming Bruce Allen will be the one giving the press conference or if he knows for a fact it will be.  The press release doesn't say that it will be Allen.  I'll be shocked if it is Allen giving it.

And I have a meeting at 1pm so I won't hear it :(

I heard Finlay on the radio this morning, and he says Allen is giving the press conference, or at least starting it. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't take questions, but if he does, I'll echo what others have said: The media needs to turn this into that 2014 presser all over again, the one that made Allen retreat into his cave and barely come out since then. 

Finlay also says he doesn't think Allen is going anywhere, once again linking him to "the stadium deal." 

While I think Gruden deserved to be fired and I'm glad I don't have to listen to him anymore, we all know nothing substantial is going to change as long as status quo is maintained at the highest levels. 

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Timing is curious.  Maybe they think they can beat the dolphins next week with a new coach and say, "see fans, jay was the problem, so leave Bruce alone."

Exactly.   If/when they beat the dolphins the Dan and Allen will expect accolades for being so smart.  It will be a sign and confirmation in their eyes that they know what they are doing.  

What a total **** show 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Panninho said:

This pisses me off "Bruce Allen press conference. 1 pm." It should say Daniel Snyder press conference with Bruce sitting there nervous as hell that he's next to be fired. Snyder is a coward if he doesn't make a statement and take questions. He needs to face the music.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

You know you have turned against this team when your first reaction is Meh

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's a big assumption that he's going to take questions.  I fully expect him to read a longer version of the statement they put out this morning, announce Callahan as the interim head coach and be done as for his portion of the PC.

Yep.  I expect Doug to be the punching bag.

Maybe the national guys will do the dirty work.  Yelling out the most important questions for all to hear as Bruce runs from the podium, will have to suffice.  I am not sure our local guys have it in them.

BRUCE The team has collapsed under your guidance.  Do YOU take any responsibility for the failures of the team on or off the field?

A jab at his winning off the field comment seems worthy.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1