Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Game Thread - Skins 7 Pats Infinity

TK

4 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Bruce working some hypnosis on people here. Talking about next coach like it matters with him still with the org.

Who cares if they fire Jay? Without letting Bruce go today, it's meaningless. 

Everybody wants Bruce gone. There's no point in discussing potential options now because even if we're lucky enough for it to happen, it won't be till the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep the irony since Marty was Cowher's mentor.  It all comes back full circle. 😀

IIRC, Cowher already made clear he'd nail himself to his studio chair before they could drag him off to Washington. Maybe Marty's fire helped influence that opinion.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dolphin reporter

What they don't get is that our disfunction isn't equal to their getting rid of everybody good to lose more games.

We're keeping everyone and actually want to win yet still are as bad as their tankfest.

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He looks better for a functioning franchise that can keep drives alive to let the defense rest...surprise surprise. Still got a pretty big contract for what he'd accomplished, but hey. 

God damn it I'm gonna get a point over ya eventually lol

Just now, spjunkies said:

Really? Their reaction is as follows "thanks for your money New England Bob and Sue".

Dan will ask Bob if he knows a good place to take a load off.

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

Watching Packers-Cowboys game and Preston Smith is sacking Dak .  Another bad mistake by Allen that impacts our defense.  By being cheap the Packers

benefit by our bad free agent decision.

Makes me fear Dallas won’t give Dak that 36 million. 😕

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

What they don't get is that our disfunction isn't equal to their getting rid of everybody good to lose more games.

We're keeping everyone and actually want to win yet still are as bad as their tankfest.

Some in the national media have made the point the Dolphins are tanking on purpose but the Redskins just stink.  So yeah I don't think that plot line will be lost this week.  I think we got to be ready for lots of ridicule this week.

They are talking about the game now as the Tua bowl on 980.  I love Tua, I've seen him play at Hard Rock Stadium ironically.  Maybe they will make T-shirts for the Tua bowl thing? 😀   I'll buy one.

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dolphin reporter

Omar Kelly is pretty consistently a moron. The coaches (whoever is coaching that game for us) want to win and save their jobs, they're gonna play every injured player that can limp onto that field just like every other week. Gruden (or KOC or whoever takes over) is not going along with a "tank", and Bruce and the FO has no interest in that either. The Dolphins FO does (their coaches don't, they're trying to win but hamstrung), but the only reason we are 0-fer like them, is because we suck despite trying our hardest and going as win-now as possible with most of the roster.

Edit: I know that you know this, SIP. Just commenting on what a dummy Kelly sounds like here.

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Omar Kelly is pretty consistently a moron. The coaches (whoever is coaching that game for us) want to win and save their jobs, they're gonna play every injured player that can limp onto that field just like every other week. Gruden (or KOC or whoever takes over) is not going along with a "tank", and Bruce and the FO has no interest in that either. The Dolphins FO does (their coaches don't, they're trying to win but hamstrung), but the only reason we are 0-fer like them, is because we suck despite trying our hardest and going as win-now as possible with most of the roster.

Sure.  I follow the Dolphins plenty.  Their owner according to more people than just Omar - really really wants the first pick in the draft.   And supposedly really really loves Tua.  But agree the actual teams will play their best whatever that translates to.  The way to tank is simply to strip your team of talent -- that's what the Dolphins have done. 

As for the Redskins, no doubt they don't believe in tanking.  And Bruce and Dan would rather go 7-9 than 2-14 and its not even close.   

I didn't think of Atlanta, that one could be enticing for an offensive minded coach

Synopsis: Current Washington head coach Jay Gruden started the 2019 season as the odds-on favorite to be the first NFL coach to get canned this year, and starting off 0-4 isn't exactly turning the winds in a favorable direction from that storm. Former Redskin Brian Mitchell, who is currently a host and analyst on NBC Sports Washington and ESPN980, said he was told Riley was even at Washington's Monday Night Football game against the Bears.

The biggest pull for Riley in Washington is that they have a first round quarterback already waiting in the wings, so whatever early draft pick they get this year can just be used to help Dwayne Haskins. Haskins was forced into action this past week and threw three interceptions, but it's clear that this is not an ideal situation for a rookie quarterback to be starting. It's hard to blame any struggles this year totally on Haskins, and Haskins showed a lot of progression during his final year at Ohio State. Washington would also likely throw an insane amount of money at Riley to get him to make the move from Norman. I'd expect them to be the highest bidder. In terms of cap space, Washington is projected to be right around league average going into 2020. But they can move on from guys like Josh Norman and Jordan Reed and free up about $25 million, if they so choose.

The down side for Riley to come to Washington is working with owner Dan Synder, who is a control freak, and one who has created leadership uncertainty in Washington for years. Snyder continually forces his way into decisions that he should be allowing the people he hired to make, and they're constantly the wrong ones. He's driven a once energized, passionate fan base to now root for a product hardly even mediocre. His rash thought process and short-term sight make it hard to imagine a happy relationship down the road.

Riley was at our MNF embarrassment? Interesting. He's the dream candidate imo, hired by a qualified GM of course. Will have to do that thing that the rest of the owners hate and totally reset the HC market, contract-wise. 

Edit: 28,000 post milestone, wow. Hopefully this post, in honor of my childhood favorite Darrell Green's number, predicts our next FO/coaching setup

13 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Watching Packers-Cowboys game and Preston Smith is sacking Dak .  Another bad mistake by Allen that impacts our defense.  By being cheap the Packers

benefit by our bad free agent decision.

I said it before he was shipped off..keep this mofo..lol

47 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

think to have a prayer for Bruce to be gone -- the season really has to go off the rails.   So for its been the case but it needs to continue I am guessing for there to be any hope for Dan to let go of his BFF

The last time we were in this type of a situation, it was Zorn, and Dan let Vinny try to solve things with the bingo caller.  When that didn’t work, Vinny was toast.

I think we’re going to see the same this year.  Bruce can try whatever he wants.  But Dan is going to have to make a decision at the end of the year. 

The wildcard this year is Haskins. The entire season has to be devoted to developing Haskins from here on out. If it looks like the development is going well, I can see Dan wanting to keep things “stable.”

I still think its it’s a long shot Bruce goes.  But I thought it was a long shot for Vinny too and he went.  

So you never know 

Archived