TK

Post Game Thread - Skins 7 Pats Infinity

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I still think its it’s a long shot Bruce goes.  But I thought it was a long shot for Vinny too and he went.  

So you never know 

The main difference I think from the two situations is Dan relies even heavier on Bruce than he did Vinny and then the stadium.  But will see.   The fact that we've heard that Dan brainstormed with Bruce at the end of last season for solutions and ditto so far this season isn't a good sign. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

The whole thing about Snyder and Allen being in the locker room then rolling out is interesting.  I wonder if they wanted to break some news to the team before it was able to get out in the public about someone being fired or something.  

Or maybe they were just like "LOL you guys suck ass, off to Nats park to watch a real team!  But thanks to Pats fans for padding our wallets!"

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Watching Packers-Cowboys game and Preston Smith is sacking Dak .  Another bad mistake by Allen that impacts our defense.  By being cheap the Packers

benefit by our bad free agent decision.

Preston would have failed to live up to his contract here because

D892617A-8AE0-4784-8F90-2000DAFF0A05.thumb.jpeg.cfc017c44b5233a25b6e67d495a1ba70.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

It's all that anybody should be discussing. 

There's an entire thread dedicated to it where that's all anyone is discussing, you should check it out. Luckily we can multi-task and also talk about how the HC is likely to be fired tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The main difference I think from the two situations is Dan relies even heavier on Bruce than he did Vinny and then the stadium.  But will see.   The fact that we've heard that Dan brainstormed with Bruce at the end of last season for solutions and ditto so far this season isn't a good sign. 

Isn’t a good sign for what?

Maybe it’s a good sign that he’s at least not sticking his head in the sand and sees that there are problems.  

EDIT: not that I think Bruce and Dan can solve the problems.  But at least acknowledging that they exist is somewhat a step in a direction....

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But at least acknowledging that they exist is somewhat a step in a direction....

Yes, a step in any random direction by the biggest bumbling fool in the entire NFL sure sounds promising.

Especially when he is taking said step with his favorite sock puppet by his side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, alstontka said:

Take this f.......ing team, ownership, front office and move to London now. Leave the name!

Take the name too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Isn’t a good sign for what?

Maybe it’s a good sign that he’s at least not sticking his head in the sand and sees that there are problems.  

EDIT: not that I think Bruce and Dan can solve the problems.  But at least acknowledging that they exist is somewhat a step in a direction....

This isn't the first time Dan got together with Bruce to talk about problems.  So what?  We've heard about their marathon 6 hour meeting after the Eagles game last year.  Nothing happened.  Yeah Dan and Bruce are willing to make moves.  I am not doubting that.  As for trusting them to make the right move is a different story. 

And I may not go as far as the person below.  But count me out about being exciting about any brainstorming session that includes Bruce as potentially part of the solution.  He's the #1 guy I want out and its not even close.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Dating back to last season the Washington Redskins have won 1 game in their last 12. Let that sink in.

Makes you wonder how much having Alex Smith behind center really mattered 6-3 with him and 1-12 with out him.The team has totally lost it since his injury.

Edited by Ghedrick

1 hour ago, alstontka said:

Take this f.......ing team, ownership, front office and move to London now.

Watching the Cowboys get blanked by the Packers makes me think Jerry will jump in a car too and head to Norman, OK to say hi to Lincoln.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, drowland said:

Watching the Cowboys get blanked by the Packers makes me think Jerry will jump in a car too and head to Norman, OK to say hi to Lincoln.  

He should fly.

Dan and Bruce might get there first.

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

He should fly.

Not if @Bang‘s rendering is somewhat accurate.

Edited by volsmet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reaper Skins said:

Chris Thompson deserves better than this franchise.

Sadly, that's the highest compliment I can think to pay someone who shows any sort of promise within the organization 

CT is good trade bait, for his sake they should deal him to Green Bay as a 3rd down back. 

Approaching a big time college coach isn't really the same as approaching an unemployed NFL coach like Shanahan. I doubt anyone is contacting Riley in October during his season, right? Not like he can leave now anyways. Maybe interest can be gauged but the last thing a guy like that would want, even if he IS miraculously interested, would be for word of his NFL courting to reach his program and the players he's recruited this early in the season. That can crush morale and ruin your reputation as a college coach, and before any decision has even been made. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

8 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

He should fly.

Edited by drowland

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It's funny, if there was a GM in place who wasn't making decisions for short-term job security, and if the Steelers hadn't already traded their 1st, trading Haskins to the Steelers as their QB of the future for their 1st+ would actually be genius (though it never happens in-season during a rookie QB's inaugural season). 

This is correct.  The next HC and GM should pick their own QB, rather than be forced to develop the project QB leftover from the previous regieme.

This sorry ass coach just threw the entire offensive line under the bus for a QB that's been in his system for six goddamn years. Colt sucks and Jay is in denial. Point blank. So now what? Jay comes back tomorrow (if the ****ing key works) and talks about how good Colt was under the circumstances. I'm hoping the key works but the damn alarm goes off and Jay gets snatched up by Ashburn's finest. Get his mother****ing ass outta here!! Damn!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

This is correct.  The next HC and GM should pick their own QB, rather than be forced to develop the project QB leftover from the previous regieme.

We all know that isn’t going to happen. Haskins could stink up the joint the rest of the year and I bet the team still wouldn’t even consider looking at any of the QBs in the next draft. He’s Snyder’s guy. He will double down on that pick if it comes to it.

Good lord redskins fans are STUPID (nobody here, don’t worry). This guy I’m friends with on FB, right after Dallas beat us, he accused them of “cheating”. Same with after the bears beat us. Same with after the giants beat us. 

What does he do just now? Post a comment on his fb post from earlier today, saying the patriots cheated. 

.....🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Yeah, cause every team that beats us is cheating. LOL. Can’t be that we suck. Noooo, that cant be it 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

For all those that are talking about how Gruden didn't get to pick his QB. Knock it off!! That is nonsense considering that for the past 6 years, his offense has ****ing sucked ass without Haskins having nothing to do with any of this ****. So please stop pulling this young man into this coach's bull****. GTFO with that!! Gruden and some of you are so full of excuses. Hell, it is said that Gruden didn't pick Alex. So far as we know, the only QB he's ever picked is the one that just stunk up the joint. And a-****ing-gin, his QB knows his system inside and out. His other chosen QB is in Cincinnati. He's a bum too. So what does that say about Jay as a QB evaluator. I say keep Haskins, bring in a real head coach and stop with shenanigans!

Noticed Gruden say we got to play better around him. Never said that last week or the week before when the QBs were getting pressure up the ass. **** this dude man. He has always been bias even when his chosen player sucked (i.e. Matt Jones, Perine, Duke Ihenacho, Josh Doctson, Manusky just to name a few)

Edited by joeken24
add
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Strong disagree, man. 

You don’t think that guy (a redskins fan) is stupid? Again, i even said nobody here. Should’ve said SOME redskins fans 😂 and come on, you’ve seriously never met a redskins fan here or there that makes you go “what the ****”? :P 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993