Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Pats at Redskins

TK

11 minutes ago, zskins said:

Sorry I don't buy that theory. It was nothing to do with discipline. The players are going to make mental errors. That is not on the coaching staff. Just like that ref saw the end result of that play and called it hold instead of actually seeing what the **** happened. 

What? Consistently being near the top of the league in penalties is NOT on the coaching staff? Instilling discipline and teaching smart football fundamentals is part of their job. It doesn't matter that there are also bad calls sometimes.

lol at Gruden just giving up at the end of the half because he knows it can only get worse with Colt pressing and throwing a walk-off pick-6 or something. Teams with real QB's can drive for a FG in 28 seconds but we run up the middle and call it quits.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m not huge on in season firings for any reason.

And that wasn’t a zing.  It’s what Jay said.

Shanny said he believed in Beck, Kyle said he stood on the table for the Texans to draft Beck. Kyle once said he loved Rex.  Gibbs would gush about Thrash. I don’t take it that literally.   There are players that are pet favorites in part because of personality and sometimes it’s just coach speak. I doubt Jay deep down thinks Colt is Aaron Rodgers.

that INT was NOT on McCoy, it was Sims' fault, running the wrong way on the option route.  HOWEVER, if i were mccoy, i wouldnt trust sims in that spot anyway, the least experieced guy, i wouldnt even have looked at him on that play because that outcome was definately possible.  and the coaches should have had another receiver like quinn running the 5 yard option stop in sims place.  sims should be running the longer route.  

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

What? Consistently being near the top of the league in penalties is NOT on the coaching staff? Instilling discipline and teaching smart football fundamentals is part of their job. It doesn't matter that there are also bad calls sometimes.

Okay the coach tells me not to do it. Then I go out and do it because I thought I saw someone move and made me jump. How is that discipline on the coach? 

14 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Maybe the ref changed it to a completed pass? 🤷🏻‍♂️ That’s the only explanation i could think of 

No nope..we had a sack making it 2nd and 22..brady through an incomplete pass to Edelman..that makes it 3rd and 22 right?..nope the refs changed it to 3rd and 17 ..I want clarification 

1 minute ago, Yng Lady88 said:

Jay is 100% predictable on 2 things: 1) run on 1st down 2) folding before the half to get in scoring position with time left on the clock and TOs

Yet, he didn't run on first down unti after Calahan got here.

Calahan is probably the running game bingo caller. How thats been kept quiet? Nobody knows.

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Okay the coach tells me not to do it. Then I go out and do it because I thought I saw someone move and made me jump. How is that discipline on the coach? 

Drilling discipline into your players is a basic part of being a HC. It's not up for debate. The fact that we also draft and sign dumb players is also on the FO, yes. But putting them on the field and having them continue being the biggest idiots in the league is on the coaches, without doubt. 

Archived