Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Pats at Redskins

TK

Seriously folks...the announcer even said ok here they are 2nd and 22..brady throws it and its incomplete..good play by the corner.i think it was Dunbar or Nicholson broke up the pass making it 3rd and 22..but they changed it to 3rd and 17..what the hell???

2 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Knowing the offense is so overrated when you dont have the physical skills

Yeah. And the ability to process quickly and make good decisions. 

That's why these guys make great backup QB's to sturdy franchise QB's, they're like extra coaches in the film room and on the sideline. You don't want them to see the field.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Shanny said he believed in Beck, Kyle said he stood on the table for the Texans to draft Beck. Kyle once said he loved Rex.  Gibbs would gush about Thrash. I don’t take it that literally.   There are players that are pet favorites in part because of personality and sometimes it’s just coach speak. I doubt Jay deep down thinks Colt is Aaron Rodgers.

You can convince yourself however you want.  It’s a running joke with just about every person who covers the team.  Some even refer to Colt as Jay’s son.  

Jay has a soft soft spot for Colt. It’s just fact at this point.

Also, for better or worse, I think Jay is a whole lot more honest than most coaches.  He tends to just speak his mind.  Sometimes like he just can’t help himself. I actually really like that.

Also, unless the wheels come off in the second half, I see absolutely nothing which is a fireable offense.  They’ve played their best game of the year defensively.  The offense is stuck in the mud, but you can argue it’s because they’re missing a bunch of guys and the pats are really good defensively. 

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Seriously folks...the announcer even said ok here they are 2nd and 22..brady throws it and its incomplete..food play by the corner.i think it was Dunbar or Nicholson broke up the pass making it 3rd and 22..but they changed it to 3rd and 17..what the hell???

The fact that you are still hung up on this is amusing 😂😂😂 let it goooo....let it goooo....😂

the fact that obviously nobody else (myself included) paid enough attention to be able to give you an answer, maybe just let it go 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Seriously folks...the announcer even said ok here they are 2nd and 22..brady throws it and its incomplete..food play by the corner.i think it was Dunbar or Nicholson broke up the pass making it 3rd and 22..but they changed it to 3rd and 17..what the hell???

I don't think the "and 22" was ever correct, it happens fairly often across all the games that production ****s up a visual indicator on the screen and then eventually fix it. For instance there was another point earlier where the Pats had 4th and 2 or so, but the screen said 4th and 7 for a minute. 

7 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

Yeah you know the TD with 2 pt conversion and the fg all on the same drive

Belichick is great at taking advantage of obscure rules.  Maybe this week we find out that if you do a drop kick FG when the tackle is an eligible receiver, you get the points and maintain possession.

On the bad side of things, if this game remains competitive, Gruden stays. He gets to claim that his QB (McCoy) needs a little more time to get into the flow. Everybody gets lulled to sleep and forgets about the prior years and the last 4 games under Jay. Just pluggin a reality check.

Show me a TD drive or even a long drive by McCoy and I'll say that suck a little bit instead of a lot.

9 minutes ago, zskins said:

Okay the coach tells me not to do it. Then I go out and do it because I thought I saw someone move and made me jump. How is that discipline on the coach? 

Because there are no consequences on the players part, and that's the coaches fault.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Drilling discipline into your players is a basic part of being a HC. It's not up for debate. The fact that we also draft and sign dumb players is also on the FO, yes. But putting them on the field and having them continue being the biggest idiots in the league is on the coaches, without doubt. 

Agreed Allen is stupid as they come and his ego is bigger than actually trying to put a winning team together. The coach can only do so much with what he is given. Who else does the coach have on the bench that is/are smarter than the players already starting?

Archived