RememberOsaka

Louis Riddick as GM?

Read an article where the writer alleged that Louis Riddick seemed to lobbying Snyder for the Prince of Darkness' job.

Pros/Cons if that move were to occur.  Riddick has history here but those in the know...could it work?

Would literally any other organization consider him for the job? Is he the most qualified candidate out there?  What makes him the best option for the position?

If it isn't coming in as GM AND president, it won't matter anyway. No one will have sustained success here with Dan and Bruce in charge.

Pro: "Jeez Louise" would be the new catchphrase.

Con: People would try too hard to replace the lame Coors jokes with jokes just as lame.

Posted (edited)

If no other team has yet hired or considered him for a GM role, then why should we?

After Tampa, we were the only team in the NFL to have the audacity to hire Bruce Allen for his current role. When he's gone, he'll be right back on the couch. Vinny Cerrato? After San Fran gave him the boot, no one wanted anything to do with him except for us and now he's on talk radio.

Now, I'm all for second chances and giving people a shot, but the GM seat is too vital to the operation and performance of the team. No one at Redskins Park has the sufficient insight, experience, or instinct to properly unearth the league's hidden gems so they need to bring in someone who's well-known, sought-after, with an impressive resume to boot. The problem is with each passing season, it becomes harder to lure someone like that here for an interview much less hire them. In the past, people used to visit the team to inflate their asking price to other organizations, now those ballclubs are calling that bluff so there's no point in the hot candidates even coming here aside from the all expense paid tours to the national museums.

The first step is to fire Bruce. Not demote him to a position where he can still slither his way through the front door, FIRE him. Fire his cronies, his assistants, anyone that liked the guy or generally vouched for his ideas. Then either promote someone from within who's QUALIFIED to take over the position or hire someone externally at their asking price under whatever conditions they feel is necessary, then air those conditions publicly as a show of good faith to the fanbase and league.

Edited by BurgundyBooger

Cons:

There’s clearly a reason he hasn’t gotten a job. 

And he’s so thirsty for one. The whole “jay has an agenda” thing on MNF was a gross and obvious plea to Snyder. 

Perfect candidate to be the next lackey. 

Pros:

He can communicate at a high level. Something no one else in the organization can do. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Couldn’t get any worse, right?

That question has been asked and the FO has responded with: “watch this”, how many times now?

to the topic:  please no.  

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

A thousand times No.

He was here under Vinny helping to try to buy a Super Bowl. He took the exact same mistakes with him to Philly when he landed there as GM & tried to buy them a SB as well. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Fletcher Cox, Zack Ertz, Foles, Kelce, DJ, Graham..

He worked with Patch right?? Maybe he learned from Howie.

He should know what not to do and has should've learned some sit from being in front of the camera. Maybe he can get some Philly guys to come with......maybe

12 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

What makes him the best option for the position?

He loves Haskins almost as much as Doofus Dan?

Or

He still has a pair of Redskins issued knee pads?

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Couldn’t get any worse, right?

Dan says, here hold my beer! 

To Riddick that would be a no. 

Edited by goskins10

18 hours ago, Hooper said:

Cons:

There’s clearly a reason he hasn’t gotten a job. 

And he’s so thirsty for one. The whole “jay has an agenda” thing on MNF was a gross and obvious plea to Snyder. 

Perfect candidate to be the next lackey. 

Pros:

He can communicate at a high level. Something no one else in the organization can do. 

If he were lobbying for the GM job, he would be attacking Bruce, not Jay.  

17 hours ago, TK said:

A thousand times No.

He was here under Vinny helping to try to buy a Super Bowl. He took the exact same mistakes with him to Philly when he landed there as GM & tried to buy them a SB as well. 

Which makes him the perfect fit...in Snyderitavile.  Sadly I wouldn't write this off Riddick landing in DC.

Plus wasn't he a huge Haskins believer  and advocate to land in DC.

29 minutes ago, justice98 said:

If he were lobbying for the GM job, he would be attacking Bruce, not Jay.  

Apparently you forgot how the Redskins run their FO.

If he'd make the process any more convoluted then he'd surely be a welcome addition.

One thing about him I like, he wants to build around the trenches. However, he was part of assembling the "Dream Team" in Philly.

17 hours ago, TK said:

A thousand times No.

I want to ask why people are so anti-Riddick, and then I see people have a bunch of misconceptions and assumptions about him. 

A) people are holding against him who he worked for almost 15 years ago.  Which just so happened to be the Gibbs years.  Working under Vinny doesnt make you Vinny.  Kinda like how Tommy Sheppard working under Ernie Grunfeld doesnt make him incompetent like Ernie Grunfeld.

B ) he wasnt the GM in Philly. Roseman was the GM amd Andy Reid made the personnel decisions. But Riddck gets all the blame now?  

C) I fail to see anything about Riddick that screams "Snyder lapdog".  All we can go on is what we see, and he seems like a guy that speaks his mind.  So he worked for Snyder previously, so what.

D) the "why hasnt he gotten a job already" doesnt sound like a legit argument.  He's interviewed for 2 or 3, (NYG, SF, might've been another) that I can recall and been a strong candidate for all of them.  I think the last job he was up for was the Giants job that went to Gettleman, who had a previous long relationship with the Giants. Anybody that's ever tried to get a job anywhere knows a guy that works there already and a guy that's homies with the people doing the hiring are probably getting that job.  The fact he was even in the mix for these jobs says more about him not getting the job.  Portraying hin as some incompetent TV stooge who'll be Snyder's lapdog seems unfair to him.

I'm not for or against Riddick, but the reasons I'm seeing why people are in the "hell no" camp seem flimsy or poorly reasoned. 

I think him being on TV helps him and hurts him.  It gives him a profile and name recognition, but it clearly makes people think he's just a talking head that cant really do the job. 

23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He would be reporting to Bruce.  

The only way a GM probably comes in here is if Bruce is out.  Otherwise, you just have a Scot M situation where Bruce is still in the mix pulling the strings.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The only way a GM probably comes in here is if Bruce is out.  Otherwise, you just have a Scot M situation where Bruce is still in the mix pulling the strings.

Unless it’s somebody who really, really wants to be a GM and will accept Allen being team president, and convince himself that Allen will actually let him do his job.

I present to you, Louis Riddick.