Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Louis Riddick as GM?

RememberOsaka

48 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Unless it’s somebody who really, really wants to be a GM and will accept Allen being team president, and convince himself that Allen will actually let him do his job.

I present to you, Louis Riddick.

What are you basing that conclusion on?  What about Riddick have you seen/heard that suggests that's what he's about?

Not saying that take in general is implausible about a GM candidate, just why does it apply to Riddick?

10 minutes ago, justice98 said:

What are you basing that conclusion on?  What about Riddick have you seen/heard that suggests that's what he's about?

Not saying that take in general is implausible about a GM candidate, just why does it apply to Riddick?

It’s not an exclusive take to Riddick, but for anyone that’s not a coveted, up and comer or proven success already.

There are only but so many of these jobs in the world.  Folks will talk themselves into the damndest of situations if they really want the opportunity.

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

If he were lobbying for the GM job, he would be attacking Bruce, not Jay.  

No, he knows Bruce is never leaving. Danny will just make him change titles like he did with Scott.

The fact that he didn't attack Bruce is so telling.

I mean how could any analyst criticize the Skins without trashing the horrible job Allen has done?

The Chronicles of Riddick...

Chapter One: The Coup

Chapter Two: The Indoctrination

Chapter Three: A False Hope

Chapter Four: Is that you Vinny?

Chapter Five: The Taco Incident

Chapter Six: Gruden's Revenge

Chapter Seven: RGIII Returns!

Chapter Eight: The Facepalm

Chapter Nine: The Swinging Gate part 2

Chapter Ten: The Dumpster Fire

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

Riddick would be a typical choice, and would be a poor choice in my opinion.  Literally, what has he done well?  Why has no other team gone after him as GM in the past 5 years?

Agreed. If they get a new one, get a guy from an actively successful front office. Would be a typical Snyder move to pull one from tv. 

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

No, he knows Bruce is never leaving. Danny will just make him change titles like he did with Scott.

The fact that he didn't attack Bruce is so telling.

I mean how could any analyst criticize the Skins without trashing the horrible job Allen has done?

He was specifically talking about the development of the QB, not the state of the franchise.  And even then, he's been critical of Bruce in the past.  He openly mocked "winning off the field", he ripped Bruce signing Reuben Foster, etc.  People talk like he's been kissing Bruce's this whole time. 

"While I love the future potential of Haskins and believe he is a Pro Bowl-caliber QB talent, I have little to no faith that Washington management will do the right thing and get him the weapons he needs at receiver, or the guidance/tutelage he deserves so he can realize his vast potential in the meeting room, on the field and off the field. Having many people who want to weigh in with their opinion on his development is not necessarily a good thing, and I fear that that could be what is shaping up to happen to this young man in D.C."

That was Riddick after they drafted Haskins.  Who do you think "Washington management" is?  That doesnt sound particularly complimentary to Bruce and the operation he's running to me. 

Riddick spoke about people with agendas but didn't name names. I think he was talking about Jay. He did name Bruce and did show a disdain for Bruce and the crap that was coming out of his mouth during his presser (which I agree with). I commend him for speaking on it. But one thing I'd like to point out is that Riddick spoke a while back about his opinion on Dan. He said that he believes Dan has changed and showed a bit of admiration for him. So sounds to me like his issue is with Bruce. My take is that Dan is in a pickle with Bruce only because of the stadium. I honestly believe that Dan is trying to get a stadium in DC and Bruce is so entrenched in the deal that it would be catastrophic to pull him out. Unless it is contractually impossible to strip Bruce of his football operation duties, Dan would be prudent to hire a guy like Riddick (played the game, understands the business side and is a proponent of discipline and focus). Dan should also structure the org chart accordingly, placing Riddick (or whoever he hires as the GM) and Bruce at the same level so there's not interference from Bruce's power mongering ass.

Archived