Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time machine talk - What would you say to yourself?

Unbias

Coincidentally, the first Redskins game I remember watching by myself as my own decision was in 1981 vs the Patriots. I remember because I had to keep yelling at my mom because she decided to run the vacuum cleaner as soon as I turned on the TV and wouldn't stop. Not only was it loud but back then a vacuum screwed up the TV reception and it was already snowy with the bad reception. I couldn't see ****.

She put me in the corner so I missed part of the game lol.

But what was I thinking? The Pats were 2-5 and the Redskins were 1-6 but we won 24-22. Somehow from this day through 1983 the Redskins won 35 games and lost just 6.

I think I'd tell myself to go find something else to do because the Redskins suck, which they still did then.

On 10/4/2019 at 11:16 AM, Unbias said:

Remember back when you first became a Redskins fan. What emotions typically filled you? Was it pride, hope or just how happy you are.

Many of us joined at different times and had different experiences. Personally it was some time after the 87 Superbowl. It was definitely cherry picking a winner, but I was young and that's often the way things go. 

Anyway, to my question - If you had a chance to go back and time and talk to that version of yourself what would you say? Feel free to write a lot, maybe just a line or two or maybe a gif. I leave it entirely in your hands. 

I was new here (from Hialeah, FL) I initially did it to fit in with the rest of the kids in my class. If I could talk to myself again, I'd say "Hey dumbass, this road leads to nothing but pain and suffering. Go root for that Favre guy in Green Bay. He's pretty awesome 👍"

8 hours ago, RedskininATL said:

I’d tell my 20 year old self in 1991 to somehow someway get into JKC’s ear and put it into his will what will happen to skins after his death.   And make a special notation that nobody ever named Daniel Snyder can own the team     Ever.  

Looks a lot like:

Terminator-l-histoire-secrete-de-la-nais

Archived