Boss_Hogg

Report: Snyder, Allen Angry About Capitals and Nationals Success

Recommended Posts

On 10/11/2019 at 10:09 PM, Monk4thaHALL said:

Dan mad about the Nationals success, but he'll take it out on his basketball hoop by slam dunking it!

 

<failed slam dunk gif>

 

 

Why does your gif reminds me:

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leonsis isn't perfect but at least he tries to be creative and think outside the box. He let the Caps fire sale and tank to land Ovi and did the same with the WIz to land Wall. His biggest issue is loyalty but at least his loyalty to George McPhee was somewhat justified since McPhee did build some incredible regular season rosters. Snyder's loyalty to Allen is ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please tell me that one of the other Washington DC sports franchises tweeted a congratulation to Dan's football team for barely beating the Dolphins.

Please.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 9:32 AM, -JB- said:

Stop being naive!  Over time will chip away at the Redskins as the #1 sports team??? You don’t think that the REDSKINS have moved down the pecking order??? What happened with the Nats last night.... this is a different town now.  NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE REDSKINS ANYMORE.

 

I think you're being naive...

 

Fans are flocking to success, sure. But the fact that there are still hour-long segments on the radio stations about the Redskins show that we are still only in the "chipping away" phase of this town turning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

I think you're being naive...

 

Fans are flocking to success, sure. But the fact that there are still hour-long segments on the radio stations about the Redskins show that we are still only in the "chipping away" phase of this town turning. 


This might have been true even as of last year, but not anymore.  The Redskins are dead in this town, and I really feel like this might be permanent.  I go to bars all the time in Arlington, and downtown DC with my friends, and you have no idea how embarrassing it is to admit that you’re a Redskins fan.  Young people in this town under the age of 35 view this team like the entire sports nation views the Redskins:  a perpetual joke, and a clown show of the highest magnitude.

 

The biggest indicator of this is jerseys, hats and decals.  Up until a few years ago, you would never go long periods without seeing people around town in Skins hats, jerseys and Skins decals on cars.  Now it’s changed completely.  I see nothing but Nats/Caps gear and decals all over town.  The Redskins turning back to

winning might change that someday, but I sincerely doubt it now.  This town is now over the Redskins, and if they continue on this path that they’re in currently, radio shows will eventually stop talking about them, and sports writers will stop writing about them, because no one will want to willingly read about or talk about a loser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, samy316 said:


This might have been true even as of last year, but not anymore.  The Redskins are dead in this town, and I really feel like this might be permanent.  I go to bars all the time in Arlington, and downtown DC with my friends, and you have no idea how embarrassing it is to admit that you’re a Redskins fan.  Young people in this town under the age of 35 view this team like the entire sports nation views the Redskins:  a perpetual joke, and a clown show of the highest magnitude.

 

The biggest indicator of this is jerseys, hats and decals.  Up until a few years ago, you would never go long periods without seeing people around town in Skins hats, jerseys and Skins decals on cars.  Now it’s changed completely.  I see nothing but Nats/Caps gear and decals all over town.  The Redskins turning back to

winning might change that someday, but I sincerely doubt it now.  This town is now over the Redskins, and if they continue on this path that they’re in currently, radio shows will eventually stop talking about them, and sports writers will stop writing about them, because no one will want to willingly read about or talk about a loser.

 

I don't doubt any of what you're saying. But I think comparing an NLCS-caliber or Stanley Cup-caliber team to a 2-14 NFL team isn't apples to apples. I think a better indication of if the Redskins are truly dead in DC is how the area would react to a similarly successful Skins team. 

 

If in the same year the Redskins, Nats, Wizards, and Caps all won a title, which team would garner the most attention? I think THAT is what shows how much an area cares. Or, another way to look at it, if all 4 teams sucked at the Redskins' level this year, who would we be talking about the most? 

 

I don't think we'd be focusing on the Nats right now if they ended the season 72-90. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

I think you're being naive...

 

Fans are flocking to success, sure. But the fact that there are still hour-long segments on the radio stations about the Redskins show that we are still only in the "chipping away" phase of this town turning. 

 

The point you’re missing is that Damn snyder hasn’t had a single team win more than 10 games in 20 years as owner and only two playoff wins.  Fans are smart enough to know there’s no chance at success.  They are toast in this town.  The hope is long gone.  Just now chipping away PSSSH Give me a break.  You’re not dealing in reality or what is.  You’re throwing these what if’s around to cover for the fact that the Redskins are in fact the laughingstock of the NFL.  What if the Nats were 72-90?  Well they’re not.  What if the Redskins were undefeated right now?  See how that sounds?? Ridiculous.

Edited by -JB-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -JB- said:

 

The point you’re missing is that Damn snyder hasn’t had a single team win more than 10 games in 20 years as owner and only two playoff wins.  Fans are smart enough to know there’s no chance at success.  They are toast in this town.  The hope is long gone.  Just now chipping away PSSSH Give me a break.

 

OK...we are talking about different things. I'm not out here predicting a turnaround. I'm simply stating that a contending NFL team would instantly own the DC area again. But, I agree that the likelihood of that contending NFL team showing up is very low. I'm also stating that as time continues to march on, we are slowly nearing a time when a contending NFL team might only be #2 or #3. But we aren't there yet...which is why we are in the "chipping away" phase. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

OK...we are talking about different things. I'm not out here predicting a turnaround. I'm simply stating that a contending NFL team would instantly own the DC area again. But, I agree that the likelihood of that contending NFL team showing up is very low. I'm also stating that as time continues to march on, we are slowly nearing a time when a contending NFL team might only be #2 or #3. But we aren't there yet...which is why we are in the "chipping away" phase. 

 

 

The Redskins have no chance to become a contender under this ownership.  How many more years do you think the fans will give Snyder to prove hes a buffoon?  20 isn’t enough?  Just starting to chip away?

 It’s been happening for years look at the stadium on game day!

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -JB- said:

The Redskins have no chance to become a contender under this ownership.  How many more years do you think the fans will give Snyder to prove hes a buffoon?  20 isn’t enough?  Just starting to chip away?

 It’s been happening for years look at the stadium on game day!

 

If tomorrow Snyder sold the team or got lucky and chanced into a generational GM and the Redskins became a 10-12 win team consistently...do you or do you not believe that they'd be the most popular sports team in DC? 

 

What I'm arguing has NOTHING to do with how confident I am in Snyder making this team a winner or if I believe he's not a buffoon. It has to do with how irreparable the damage is. I believe a winning Redskin team would very quickly take over the area again. That's all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

If tomorrow Snyder sold the team or got lucky and chanced into a generational GM and the Redskins became a 10-12 win team consistently...do you or do you not believe that they'd be the most popular sports team in DC? 

 

What I'm arguing has NOTHING to do with how confident I am in Snyder making this team a winner or if I believe he's not a buffoon. It has to do with how irreparable the damage is. I believe a winning Redskin team would very quickly take over the area again. That's all. 

Yea.  But it ain’t happening because Little Danny ain’t selling the team and Little Danny ain’t hiring a GM.  So the REALITY is that the Redskins have already moved down the pecking order.  They are already chipped, broken, decayed, etc.  You keep throwing the what if’s around.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Yea.  But it ain’t happening because Little Danny ain’t selling the team and Little Danny ain’t hiring a GM.  So the REALITY is that the Redskins have already moved down the pecking order.  They are already chipped, broken, decayed, etc.  You keep throwing the what if’s around.

 

Well, he might not do either of those things...but if you agree that a good Skins team is still #1 in the area, then we are saying the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Redskins still dominante talk radio in part because the Redskins own local talk radio. On top of that, everyone involved in talk radio has done nothing but talk about the Redskins for 20 year. Hell, the hip cool Junkies are all pushing 50 and have spent their entire careers talking about Redskins. Also, sports talk is an extremely old demograhic so those fans are locked into their Redskins habit.

 

It will be another ten years before you see the change in talk radio that you already see in attendance and most importantly tv viewership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

Well, he might not do either of those things...but if you agree that a good Skins team is still #1 in the area, then we are saying the same thing. 

You’re still not dealing in reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The Redskins still dominante talk radio in part because the Redskins own local talk radio. On top of that, everyone involved in talk radio has done nothing but talk about the Redskins for 20 year. Hell, the hip cool Junkies are all pushing 50 and have spent their entire careers talking about Redskins. Also, sports talk is an extremely old demograhic so those fans are locked into their Redskins habit.

 

It will be another ten years before you see the change in talk radio that you already see in attendance and most importantly tv viewership.

 

But even as Redskins attendance and TV ratings are declining, aren't they still far ahead of the other sports? I look at viewership more than attendance too, because I believe attendance is down overall. 

 

I think the awful Redskin regular season games still out-draw the Nationals playoff games in TV ratings...how else can we tangibly show that there is still more interest (even if the gap is shrinking)? 

 

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

You’re still not dealing in reality.

 

OK. I'm not really sure what else to say...there could be a 0.0001% of the Redskins ever tasting success again. However, if we both agree that on that off chance they would be the most popular local team, then we are saying the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

But even as Redskins attendance and TV ratings are declining, aren't they still far ahead of the other sports? I look at viewership more than attendance too, because I believe attendance is down overall. 

 

I think the awful Redskin regular season games still out-draw the Nationals playoff games in TV ratings...how else can we tangibly show that there is still more interest (even if the gap is shrinking)? 

 

 

OK. I'm not really sure what else to say...there could be a 0.0001% of the Redskins ever tasting success again. However, if we both agree that on that off chance they would be the most popular local team, then we are saying the same thing. 

You’re delusional.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

But even as Redskins attendance and TV ratings are declining, aren't they still far ahead of the other sports? I look at viewership more than attendance too, because I believe attendance is down overall. 

 

I think the awful Redskin regular season games still out-draw the Nationals playoff games in TV ratings...how else can we tangibly show that there is still more interest (even if the gap is shrinking)? 

 

The NFL outdraws MLB. Regular season NFL games outdraw World Series games. That's been the case for decades.

 

People watch the NFL out of habit at this point.

 

So, yes, the Redskins will always beat the Nationals in tv ratings. If the Nationals win the next 20 World Series, that will be the case. That's baseball v football, not Redskins v Nationals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/10/15/red-sox-patriots-tv-ratings

 

Last year, the Red Sox World Series game competed with a Patriots Sunday Night game. The Patriots crushed the Red Sox - though both ratings were huge.

 

The Pats got a 34.3. The Red Sox got a 20.6.

 

Does that mean that Boston is THAT much more of a Patriots town now? Or is it just that the NFL crushes MLB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/10/15/red-sox-patriots-tv-ratings

 

Last year, the Red Sox World Series game competed with a Patriots Sunday Night game. The Patriots crushed the Red Sox - though both ratings were huge.

 

The Pats got a 34.3. The Red Sox got a 20.6.

 

Does that mean that Boston is THAT much more of a Patriots town now? Or is it just that the NFL crushes MLB?

 

I don't know what that means...but that's interesting. I mean, at some point, doesn't more people watching mean something is more popular??

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

I don't know what that means...but that's interesting. I mean, at some point, doesn't more people watching mean something is more popular??

 

 

 

Yes and no. People can love the Nats…..but hate watching baseball on tv.

 

Baseball is my favorite sport. And I despise watching baseball at this point.

 

Meanwhile, I'll watch a terrible Thursday night game even though I sorta hate the NFL at the moment. Habits are hard to break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

 

Yes and no. People can love the Nats…..but hate watching baseball on tv.

 

Baseball is my favorite sport. And I despise watching baseball at this point.

 

Meanwhile, I'll watch a terrible Thursday night game even though I sorta hate the NFL at the moment. Habits are hard to break.

 

That makes sense...but I think that makes more sense comparing an August baseball game to an October football game. 

 

I'm actually the opposite...I haven't watched an entire Skins game yet this year (rare for me) and haven't watched barely any non-Redskin game this year (very rare for me). 

 

Anyway, who knows...I'd be interested to see the NLCS ratings vs. the October Redskins ratings...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.