Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Snyder, Allen Angry About Capitals and Nationals Success

Boss_Hogg

I’m pretty sure it’s the people on twitter that are making a big deal about a good luck tweet or congrats tweet. That should not deserve a “stay in your lane” or “don’t jinx them!!!” Response, or a “**** you guys” response. That’s just silly. Come the **** on. 

10 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Whatever. You are making entirely too big of a deal over this.  I say any chance fans get to push back against anything with the name Redskins attached to it they should take full advantage of the opportunity.  

Pushing back....against a.....good luck tweet? Seriously? You don’t see how silly that is? 🤔

Petey, no pic of the Valor??!! 😀

Reading this today brought me back to 2012, when the Nats started their run of playoff appearances. I was at the NLDS Game 5 against the Cards where the Nats went up big early and then Drew Storen at the end blew the two-run lead. Walking out of the park that Friday night felt like a big kick to the gut that was lingering through the weekend. The Skins played the Vikings that weekend and that was the game where RG3 shot down the left sideline for like a 70 yard TD to seal the game. Even though the win only brought the Skins to 3-3, it just felt like a big pick-me-up at a time most needed. Fast forward to today, as the Nats finally break through, and the Skins remain lost in the sauce. 

Russell same dude who said he heard that Dan-Bruce are annoyed about it elaborated on this on the radio today.

He said they see the Capitals and Nationals success as something that gets in their way because of merchandizing.  They feel in competition with those teams in that way and they feel they lose money and fan interest in that context.

He said he hears they (Dan and Bruce) are mystified that the fans have beefs with them.  But they are aware that other teams success can effect their own bottom line.

Him and Dukes talked about it some and they did think it might put Bruce more on the hot seat.

Who knows really but for anyone interested that's more or less his rap today.

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, i cant imagine why fans would have beef with the owner/gm of a 1-7 team.....very confusing. I figured more people would be happy 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

They actually believe that’s all it is though.  The losing.  And that the losing is only as a result of bad luck vs. bad management.  That’s why we are so effed as fans.

46 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He said they see the Capitals and Nationals success as something that gets in their way because of merchandizing.  They feel in competition with those teams in that way and they feel they lose money and fan interest in that context.

He said he hears they (Dan and Bruce) are mystified that the fans have beefs with them.  But they are aware that other teams success can effect their own bottom line.

Yeah, even those two can see the obvious that with the Caps and now Nats bringing home the bling, folks are going to be more apt to spend their hard-earned money on tickets and gear on those teams rather than on the Landover Losers.

Something we'll never know: after last year's attendance fiasco, even when the Skins were winning games, what would Lafemina and Co have recommended to Snyder about what needed to be done?

I'm not a STH, so maybe those that are can provide insight on whether the Skins are being more generous with perks they are offering to show appreciation for hanging in there as STH.

But you have teams like the 49ers about to offer free food for their STH, and meanwhile the Skins, who have been a bottom five franchise under Snyder's tenure, are offering their STH a buck off a bag of peanuts. 

On 10/31/2019 at 5:02 PM, Renegade7 said:

And the people posting that arent?  I'm jus saying it's wrong and doesnt make sense, it's like yelling at an alcoholic about drinking when they arent drinking.

I honestly have no idea what this post means.  People are angry because the Redskins stink and act petty (see Trent).  Nothing at all like the alcoholic who is not drinking. When the Redskins stop sucking and acting like A-holes, now that would be like an alcoholic who stopped drinking. But as we know that's not going to ever happen. 

On 10/31/2019 at 9:25 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

They're not wrong about that. Who wouldn't choose a Nationals World Series Champions' cap over a Redskins' one today if you have a limited budget? That said, it points to a bigger problem and one I pointed out earlier. Bruce seems to think that the only way for him to win is for someone else to lose. It's not true.

Look how much good will was generated by that video of the Caps going nuts over the Nats win. Look how much love the Wizards and Nats got for supporting the Mystics or the Caps. The better the brotherhood is the better it is for all the teams in the region. With that in mind, if there is a rivalry between teams in this area it should be a sibling rivalry in which each team tries to one up the other, but when push comes to shove they support, embrace, and cheer for the other.

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I honestly have no idea what this post means.  People are angry because the Redskins stink and act petty (see Trent).  Nothing at all like the alcoholic who is not drinking. When the Redskins stop sucking and acting like A-holes, now that would be like an alcoholic who stopped drinking. But as we know that's not going to ever happen. 

Not stopped drinking, not drinking.  Start with codependency, your basically saying people have the right to be angry no matter what the redskins do or do right, and I'm saying that's true but unhealthy.  Back to original points telling Redskins not to congratulate the other teams doesnt make sense.  At this point, roll how you want to roll, I'm not moving from my position on this and I dont think you want to get it.

5 hours ago, ananoman said:

The Skins' popularity has definitely taken a hit at the expense of the Nats and Caps.  Currently the local cable NBC sports channel has preempted the "Redskins Nation" show for "Nationals Talk"

I disagree.  I don’t think the two things are related. 

The skins popularity has take. A hit because they are a bottom feeding, low road, losing trash franchise.  

It would have taken the same hit regardless of what the Nats and Caps have done. 

The saving grace for sports fans in this area is that at least there are other options in market to root for.  Which is good for us.

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I disagree.  I don’t think the two things are related. 

The skins popularity has take. A hit because they are a bottom feeding, low road, losing trash franchise.  

It would have taken the same hit regardless of what the Nats and Caps have done. 

The saving grace for sports fans in this area is that at least there are other options in market to root for.  Which is good for us.

You dont think the success of other franchise effects the Redskins popularity??

I have to say that makes no sense to me.  When someone who likes baseball and football chooses where to buy season tickets this year and can only afford one, you dont think that makes a difference?  Thats like saying people will chose to pay $400 for a broken phone because they like what it could have been, rather than $400 for their 2nd choice that works well.  When someone decides where to spend the 3 hours they have in a given day on watching one sporting event, you dont think they will chose to watch a winning team versus a losing team?  Thats like saying you've never ever ever ever ever heard of a bandwagon fan and thats not a real thing.  When fans leave one team for one from a completely different city to put their "fan efforts" behind, thats a much bigger jump than rooting for another team from your home town.

I think you must be completely out of touch with what normal people and normal fans want.

14 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

You dont think the success of other franchise effects the Redskins popularity??

I have to say that makes no sense to me.  When someone who likes baseball and football chooses where to buy season tickets this year and can only afford one, you dont think that makes a difference?  Thats like saying people will chose to pay $400 for a broken phone because they like what it could have been, rather than $400 for their 2nd choice that works well.  When someone decides where to spend the 3 hours they have in a given day on watching one sporting event, you dont think they will chose to watch a winning team versus a losing team?  Thats like saying you've never ever ever ever ever heard of a bandwagon fan and thats not a real thing.  When fans leave one team for one from a completely different city to put their "fan efforts" behind, thats a much bigger jump than rooting for another team from your home town.

I think you must be completely out of touch with what normal people and normal fans want.

Agreed.  If the Nats and or Caps were mediocre teams, the Redskins wouldn't be taking as much of a hit as they are now.  In all likelihood the "Redskin Nation" cable show wouldn't be taking a backseat to "Nationals Talk".  With the success of the Caps and the Nats, the Skins have almost become irrelevant because local sports fans now have options with which to devote their time and money to.

29 minutes ago, posse87 said:

As one of the ESPN commentators put it so simply. The Redskins have become irrelevant and an afterthought.

Its worse. The Wizards are irrelevant. The Redskins are a dead franchise.

I wonder if they'll even have any of the Nats out at a home game to celebrate the championship? I don't think they did with the Cup last year. They are just completely out of touch. They aren't even a D.C. team anymore, as far as I'm concerned we don't have an NFL team in our city.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Its worse. The Wizards are irrelevant. The Redskins are a dead franchise.

I wonder if they'll even have any of the Nats out at a home game to celebrate the championship? I don't think they did with the Cup last year. They are just completely out of touch. They aren't even a D.C. team anymore, as far as I'm concerned we don't have an NFL team in our city.

The Wizards are currently irrevelant but at least they have a plan/direction.

The Skins are just lost....

Archived