Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Snyder, Allen Angry About Capitals and Nationals Success

Boss_Hogg

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-angry-about-capitals-success

The Washington Capitals run to a Stanley Cup title in 2018 did not please Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder or team president Bruce Allen, Chris Russell said on 106.7 The Fan. In fact, Russell said they were "very, very angry and hostile" about the Capitals' success. When asked by Grant & Danny if the Redskins president would be happy about the Washington Nationals clinching a playoff spot this week, Russell said, "I don't think Bruce would be happy for anybody else's success." 

"They see that the pie is expanding for the other teams in the market, which is their competitors," Russell told The Junkies.

If true, then good. I hope the Nationals victory last night chaps that little midgets ass.

He has no one to blame but himself for this wretched product

That's not good, that's horrible.  The other DC teams are always showing support for each other and even the Redskins in regards to playoff success. 

How petty is it to be rooting against them because it affects their market share? 2012 should've shown success can be shared in what is now a clear 4 pro team town, stop running the team like a third world country and people will come, we've already seen that.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

But do we really believe Chris Russell?

It gave me pause too...but he was the first to report on the Scot McLoughan fiasco. Who knows, could be BS but would it surprise you? You've seen how petty and childish El Dano can be. 

Dan must really hate the Ravens, because they're the absolute antithesis of the Redskins in every aspect of a pro football team.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

That's fair, does it shock you if true?  I'll pay more attention to facebook, I have not seen a congratulatory post from redskins for the Nats last night yet

Oh no it doesn't shock me at all, I'm just saying its not the most reliable of sources.

If Dan and Bruce actually think anything the Caps or Nats do effects the Redskins, they’re dilutions.  

They’ve broken this thing with no help from anybody else.

Also, if they really were that bitter, I doubt they would have invited the Caps to FedEx with the Stanley Cup to parade around.  If they were that upset, they would have seen it as running their nose in it.

There are plenty of reasons to hate Dan and Bruce.  This feels like piling on.  

Though I’ve been wrong about this before.  

The Nats winning last night gives people in DC something else to focus on besides our messy football team, that's good for Dan and Bruce.

I could see the Nats making them both feel insecure but "very angry and hostile", seems a bit over the top but I expect to see a lot of this type of news over the next several months.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's fair, does it shock you if true?  I'll pay more attention to facebook, I have not seen a congratulatory post from redskins for the Nats last night yet

Have we seen one from the Caps?  Or Wizards?  

I dont know of first round playoff wins typically get responses from the other teams. 

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I dont know of first round playoff wins typically get responses from the other teams. 

The Nats winning a playoff game before the Redskins won a regular season game had to be a prop bet offered somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Also, if they really were that bitter, I doubt they would have invited the Caps to FedEx with the Stanley Cup to parade around.  If they were that upset, they would have seen it as running their nose in it.

Good points

I honestly don't believe the narrative being examined or told. I DO believe Dan is upset THe Skins have not scratched the surface of success. I do believe Dan is looking at Bruce now that Ted realized Grunfeld was not the  GM for the Wizards. IF we pray right, WE can hope Dan talked to Ted and asked for that consulting firm  # and has them on speed dial. As a matter of fact has already consulted with them on finding an Executive, coaching, and GM staff.

Replace the whole DAmn staff Except for Smith. Doug included.

I wouldn't really read too much into this. Probably very subjective and ultimately, not a story that has any real meaning.

But all the same, if they are really seething with rage, they're welcome to go down the mob vengeance route towards those responsible for the team's failure. I'm more than happy to give them a rope, but I'll let them choose the tree to hang themselves from.

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Have we seen one from the Caps?  Or Wizards?  

They haven't, but think about the number of times we've seen players at other teams game in the playoffs versus their relationship with the Redskins. 

John Wall wore a national jersey to throw out a first pitch and comes to a Redskins game in a Cowboys jersey.  I'll give you that its Leonsis teams that most openly support each other publicly and via social media, but they show a level of love for the Nats they really dont for the skins and vice versa

Anyone remember this doozy?

25 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If Dan and Bruce actually think anything the Caps or Nats do effects the Redskins, they’re dilutions.  

They’ve broken this thing with no help from anybody else.

Though I’ve been wrong about this before.  

I'll say this hate of the other teams isnt substantiated, but that they love what the other 3 teams are doing isnt either.  Did they let them bring that trophy in for any other reason then to sell consessions?  

It's a reach to say they hate them, but outside the love the redskins showed after the Caps won the championship, it does feel the caps showing more love to the skins then other way around

Just more stupidity.  

The amount of hubris that this front office and ownership has is ridiculous.  

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Eh.....don't buy it.  I can understand if the article framed it more that Snyder & Allen were envious of the Nats & Caps because they want to also be a winner, but angry that the other local teams are having success? Nah.

I can totally buy it.  Game 3 is scheduled to be played on Sunday at Nats park.  Now we all know that no one's coming to Fed Ex anymore except opposing fans but if you're a DC sports fan, what are you gonna watch on Sunday?  Brady decimating the Skins or a playoff baseball game where the Nats actually have a chance?  Moreover, which one would you rather go see?

Envious, probably.  Angry is believable, too.  I believe they're so disillusioned about how this franchise is viewed right now that they think they're still #1 and are butthurt at the idea that fans might want to watch something else on Sunday because...well, we're the Redskins and how could anyone else want to watch something else?

17 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Just more stupidity.  

The amount of hubris that this front office and ownership has is ridiculous.  

I can totally buy it.  Game 3 is scheduled to be played on Sunday at Nats park.  Now we all know that no one's coming to Fed Ex anymore except opposing fans but if you're a DC sports fan, what are you gonna watch on Sunday?  Brady decimating the Skins or a playoff baseball game where the Nats actually have a chance?  Moreover, which one would you rather go see?

Envious, probably.  Angry is believable, too.  I believe they're so disillusioned about how this franchise is viewed right now that they think they're still #1 and are butthurt at the idea that fans might want to watch something else on Sunday because...well, we're the Redskins and how could anyone else want to watch something else?

I personally will be watching the skins game here in Miami to be part of History when the skins go 1-15, I will be able to say I saw it First hand. 

I am a little used to being broken-hearted by the Nats,  a whole lot of Hurt. I am true fan to the end. Even if they don't go any further. Skins....ehhh. use to i

And IF the story is true, Dan and Brucey must be really hanging nails now that the Mystics are in the Finals...Doing Well

Archived