Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Davis and Adonis Alexander released.

Riggo-toni

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

October 1, 2019

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va.  The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins waived the following player:

WR Robert Davis

The Redskins terminated the contract of the following player from the practice squad:

CB Adonis Alexander

So we cleared a spot on the PS for Davis when he clears I assume.

Meaning we opened up a roster spot on the 53 with no corresponding signing yet.

Meaning we're either signing a FA right to the roster or trading for someone....or much less likely, Trent is coming back. Nah that's not it. 

39 minutes ago, Mr. S said:

Who was that player, a few years ago, who we seemed to release and re-sign every other week?

It seems Davis is getting into that territory.

I think you're thinking of Frank Kearse. Mr. cut for position of need on Friday and re-sign on Monday.

Not sure how bad Adonis Alexander was to just outright cut. Even if you wanted to use his spot for Robert Davis, you didn't even wait til Davis cleared waivers. I'm guessing the team might be looking at a TE? Heard Vernon Davis was in the concussion protocol and Reed is Reed. So its Sprinkle and street free agents. What's Austin Seferian Jenkins up to these days?

49 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I think you're thinking of Frank Kearse. Mr. cut for position of need on Friday and re-sign on Monday.

Not sure how bad Adonis Alexander was to just outright cut. Even if you wanted to use his spot for Robert Davis, you didn't even wait til Davis cleared waivers. I'm guessing the team might be looking at a TE? Heard Vernon Davis was in the concussion protocol and Reed is Reed. So its Sprinkle and street free agents. What's Austin Seferian Jenkins up to these days?

Yup Vernon Davis is in concussion protocol so they're going to have to add another TE to the roster.  

I see Vernon Davis is in concussion protocol.  So I assume these moves were made to open a position for a TE.

49 minutes ago, drowland said:

Yup Vernon Davis is in concussion protocol so they're going to have to add another TE to the roster.  

Sorry, I missed this post when I posted the same news below.

On 10/1/2019 at 4:35 PM, NewCliche21 said:

I don't understand either of these cuts.  Davis had a good preseason and was active this past week due to injury to another wideout.  

Alexander, at least I thought, was someone there were high hopes for.

There doesn't seem to be any corresponding signing, either.

I don't understand them either...is Jay the one who cuts them or is Bruce/Doug involved too? If I'm Dallas, NYG or the Eagles I scoop them both up cause we clearly have no idea what we're doing (see JP Holtz).

Archived