Sign in to follow this  
hatchetwound

Swinging Gate, Part Deux Prediction Thread!

It's miserable here and for good reason.  Our team, which looked promising in the beginning of the year, is 0-4 and staring 0-5 right down the barrel.  Jay is going to be fired, the question is when, not if.  We all know Allen is going to make him his escape goat to save his butt for one more year.  You see it, I see it and lord knows he sees it.

So after that penalty decision this weekend, it had me thinking.... is Jay in full "F it" mode and giving Snyder the finger... and if he is... will we get another Swinging gate incident?

(For newer Skins fans, the Swinging Gate incident was a terrible play called by Jim Zorn that is  widely considered his way of giving Dan Snyder a big F  you).

So lets have some fun.... lets draw up the play.  Here is what I came up with:

Haskins lines up under center.  2 back set with Peterson and CT.  Haskins hikes the ball and hands it to CT.  CT runs to the line, turns around and its a Flea Flicker!  But instead of a pass, then Haskins hands it off to Peterson who gets tackled for a 5 yard loss.

(Mods, this is my first thread here and I hope it is acceptable.  If you remove it I will understand, I was just trying to come up with something fun amoung all the downer threads)

Edited by hatchetwound
fixed a typo
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

So lets have some fun.... lets draw up the play.  Here is what I came up with:

Haskins lines up under center.  2 back set with Peterson and CT.  Haskins hikes the ball and hands it to CT.  CT runs to the line, turns around and its a Flea Flicker!  But instead of a pass, then Haskins hands it off to Peterson who gets tackled for a 5 yard loss.

When I first read this, I thought it was a play that actually yesterday. I mean it sounds like a normal play for this season

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

We all know Allen is going to make him his escape goat to save his butt for one more year. 

Make him his what? ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Make him his what? ;)

You know.  You make someone the goat (Not like Brady, G.O.A.T. is an acronym)  so you can escape from a bad situation.

• Haha 1

Just now, hatchetwound said:

You know.  You make someone the goat (Not like Brady, G.O.A.T. is an acronym)  so you can escape from a bad situation.

Oh. I think you mean "scapegoat".

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Um, I think that article is making fun of defendants who say escape goat instead of scapegoat.

I have no reason to believe Brucifer is into goats; all my sources say #bruceallenpreferssheep

Edited by Riggo-toni
  • Haha 1

The funny thing is Gruden actually has some real plays that seem to take as long to develop as Swinging Gate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have another one.  We are playing the Cowboys and thanks to keeping Elliot in check and the refs actually calling a fair game, we are only down by 3.   There are 2 seconds left in the game, no time outs as we just used our final one and it is 4th and goal at the 5 yard line.

All of our WRs and RBs come off the field and the following check in as elligable:

Geron Christian Sr.
Wes Martin
Tony Bergstrom
Ross Pierschbacher
Jeremy Sprinkle

Martin lines up out to the right while the other four come in a bunch formation on the left.  Haskins hikes the ball who throws it to Sprinkle and is flanked by Christan, Bergstrom and Pierschbacher in a bubble screen……..

…..after the game Gruden explains the "Super Flying Jumbo package"

Edited by hatchetwound

I call this the "Haynesworth"

Put in Haskins, snap from under center.  Immediately upon snapping the ball the entire Oline lays down on the ground... 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

OMG, that would get him killed!!!!

Then again, the only difference between that play and any other play now is that the end result is faster.  :( 

1 hour ago, hatchetwound said:

I'm pretty sure both are correct.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/15/messages/297.html

There is even a game called Escape Goat

https://store.steampowered.com/app/251370/Escape_Goat/

Oh dear god in heaven...….

Ok, dummies. it's time for a Bible lesson. Leviticus 16, 7:11

And he shall take the two goats, and present them before the Lord at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the Lord, and the other lot for the scapegoat.

And Aaron shall bring the goat upon which the Lord's lot fell, and offer him for a sin offering.

10 But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.

11 And Aaron shall bring the bullock of the sin offering, which is for himself, and shall make an atonement for himself, and for his house, and shall kill the bullock of the sin offering which is for himself:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

blind double reverse.  Haskins takes a shotgun, fakes the handoff to AP rolling right, who tosses it to ct who comes back over past where AP is standing, AP throws it to a wide open Trey Quinn, who somehow manages to get called for offensive PI.

• Thanks 1

I think we'll do surprisingly well against the Pats. Not to say we'll win, but I suspect Jay's been gameplanning for them exclusively since the offseason with the hope that a gameplan good enough against Brady and the Super Bowl champs is good enough against the 4 teams preceding them.

Edited by BurgundyBooger

Escape Goat sounds awesome, I can see Bruce riding off on one celebrating another bank robbery.

As for swinging gate, no, that was not Zorns way of saying F U.  Zorn was dead ass serious thought that was going to work.  So serious even though the giants called a timeout he did it anyway. 

So the real question is, what's Jay way of saying hes so convinced hes right he does something we give a Nickname and reference to it 10-20 years later?

I think benching Haskins for Colt may qualify, especially if Colt gets hurt or throws 17 ints in a quarter and when we lose Jay says Haskins needs to be more prepared to play.  That's a captain going down with his ship.

Coltgate. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

As for swinging gate, no, that was not Zorns way of saying F U.  Zorn was dead ass serious thought that was going to work.  So serious even though the giants called a timeout he did it anyway. 

I'm not saying your wrong, its impossible to prove it because Zorn never said it was or was not a F you to Snyder, but isn't the fact that he tried it again AFTER the time out the reason people think he did it out of spite?

they should feature the Mystery Coordinators for each game … two guest coordinators each wearing a brown paper bag over their head … eye holes optional … maybe fly in some college coordinators … or some high school ones … geez anyone who would attempt to … I don't know … take advantage of what our guys do better than the things they aren't good at … and maybe … wow here's a thought … blitz .. geez maybe … what … 1 out of three plays … weak side CB blitz … take Moreau for example … it's not like he's needed in coverage … call it the weak CB blitz … side optional.  And … hmmm … play action on first down … maybe the trend will be as good as actually having a running game … and umm … trap blocking and pulling a guard now and then … man anything other than this same old crap.  And umm … $10,000 fine for first penalty … increasing for each next penalty.

• Thanks 1