Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riggo-toni

Who is accountable for decisions at Redskins park? It is a puzzle, wrapped up in an enema, shrouded in anonymous sources trying to blame others. Coaches are inevitably taking blame for personnel choices they may have privately opposed. Everyone's employment is so tenuous that long term strategy is ignored for the sake of overpriced short term fixes.

No change in coaching can ameliorate the current dysfunctional disaster.  Snyder has proven time and again that he is incapable of finding a capable coach. If Brucifer Prince of Dimness picks the next coach, his primary criteria will be: 1) someone who is too weak (and /or loyal) to threaten his job. 2) someone he knows from either TB or Oakland (see reason #1).

Here is my proposal:

Hire Ross Tucker as Team President. He began his career here and I believe has a cordial relationship with El Dano. He is a Princeton graduate, so he is obviously quite intelligent. Since retiring, he does football analysis for radio, so he is still up on the game. The fact that he was a journeyman player means he has seen how things are run in different organizations.

Ross Tucker would then hire a GM, whether it means promoting Kyle Smith, or finding someone else with a PROVEN track record of success (unlike Vinny, Brucifer, or even Scotty Mac who had terrible records when they were fully in charge).

Tucker and the new GM would then hire the new coach. The Tampa Bay contingent is cleared out, from Brucifer on down. Other than Kyle Smith and Eric Schaeffer, I don't expect anyone from the current FO to remain.

Most importantly, the GM is solely responsible for personnel decisions, ending the toxic culture where everyone avoids responsibility for mistakes. This is a return to the structure we had in the eighties, and that most successful teams employ - a defined hierarchy where the coach is under the GM. JKC hired Beathard because Beathard already had 2 rings. Beathard, against JKC's wishes, hired Gibbs. When JKC started handing control over personnel to Gibbs, Beathard quit rather than let his reputation be sullied by poor choices he did not even make.

35 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Other than Kyle Smith and Eric Schaeffer, I don't expect anyone from the current FO to remain.

I think if you're going to nuke something, you have to be prepared for the collateral damage.  At this point, I'd be fine with a fresh start pretty much everywhere.  

And I'll say it:  don't want Ross Tucker, or anyone else that's ever suited up for the team anytime soon.  We aren't at the point (and haven't been for some time) where we can afford to bloat our leadership with legacy hires.  What's more likely to happen is that, in the end he hurts his reputation like so many others have.  

The Team President handles the business side of the team, like the team brand, payroll, stadium pricing, etc. He or she is strictly a numbers person. The GM should be an owner hire so as not to confuse the chain of command which is precisely what has happened here. As Team President, Bruce Allen shouldn't have had any real say over the Kirk Cousins situation as that's a personnel matter and falls under the purview of the GM. Snyder owns the ship but our Team President is steering it which is one of the many problems plaguing this organization.

I think all that is the obvious solution (as far as blow it up, start over with FO hirings that have no ties or minimal ties to the organization), but the problem starts with Dan never doing the obvious things that should be done.  It is completely baffling that a successful business man like Snyder can just sit there for the last 20 years and think anything he has done has worked.  

The whole Vinny thing, twice, now Bruce, etc.  Sure, the franchise is worth billions and they turn a profit, but he's not making as much money as he could make if he got his **** together and hired real football people/minds to run the franchise and rebuild culture.  He needs to start picking the brains of ex GMs, presidents, coaches, coordinators, etc. that worked for the Patriots and Steelers (hell pay them as consultants) and copy cat what they do.  

7 minutes ago, megared said:

I'll say it:  don't want Ross Tucker, or anyone else that's ever suited up for the team anytime soon.  

I suggested Ross Tucker rather than say, Charles Mann or Russ Grimm, because he doesn't have any link to the glory days, and should the plan fail, there won't be any hesitation to drop it and start over as there might be with someone like Doug Williams.

This is a pipe dream. Even if Dan Snyder did what we wanted, how long would it last? 1 year, 2 years, 3-4 at Max. Dan would get restless and start exerting more control, leading to firings.

It's to time for Skins fans accept, what I did. The Skins will never be a consistent winner under Snyder.  On average, there will be a coaching change every 4-5 years. If we are really lucky, maybe we get 2 playoff berths. The tenure will end the same, the coach being fired.

Maybe Dan does finally have the structure we want but I predict it won't last. Dan will undermine that structure and eventually blow it up, leading to firings.

If you are fan and want consistent winning; root for another team. This is what you will get with Dan Snyder. You want Redskkins winning consistently; you will have to outlive Dan.

I wish there was an enema involved as there is literally ZERO cleansing happening with the Redskins...  The pipes are continually clogged up and instead of an "intense rectal cleaner" we use butt wipes and somehow think the problem is solved.

2020 enema!  That should be the new team name to really instill proper culture moving forward.  The Washington Enemas.  

White helmets with this as the new logo:

image.thumb.png.b621447e5e69c1e90f0e604ddaf53252.png

9 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I didnt know this about tom..would ya mind telling a bit about that?...him being despised

Benson mismanaged the Saints for 20 years.  After Katrina, he was trying to move them to San Antonio.  

In the two decades he has owned this team, the Saints have won a grand total of one playoff game. They haven't made the playoffs in five seasons, going on six. 

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/051104

Snyder makes all the decisions and need others to take all the credit when they fail. 

If Ross Tucker will sign up for that then let's make it happen. We should understand if we do hire him we will just eventually hate him like all of our former GMs. 

Personally I'd prefer Tucker the way he is. Love his podcasts and respect him if we worked with us he'd probably have to cut out the podcasts and I'd eventually lose all respect for him. 

I don’t inherently mind the idea of someone with ties to the org taking over.  They just can’t be a yes man or a guy Dan hires because he knows them - as opposed to hiring them because they seem to know what needs to be done (this is where Snyder could use the help of consultants).  They (the Prez/GM/consultants) need to be able to tell Dan, “this is why it’s been all ****ed up over the years”.  

Someone who’s seen the disfunction first hand might actually have a leg up on a pure outsider.  With that said, it almost needs to be someone who’s (also) had ties to successfully run organizations.  They also need to have an understanding of the role and a desire for a clearly defined hierarchy. My 2 cents anyway.  

55 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Someone who’s seen the disfunction first hand might actually have a leg up on a pure outsider.  With that said, it almost needs to be someone who’s (also) had ties to successfully run organizations.  They also need to have an understanding of the role and a desire for a clearly defined hierarchy. My 2 cents anyway.  

This is why I suggested Tucker. His ties to the Skins are tenuous at best - just 2 years here riding the bench before being cut and going elsewhere.  Five more years in the league with different teams.

After he was cut from here, he wrote the front office a letter thanking them for giving him an opportunity, so he seems to be a class act and there is no bad blood.  At the same time, he's not hanging around playing racket ball with Dannyboy, nor is he going to regale him with stories of his father.

1 hour ago, Unbias said:

If Ross Tucker will sign up for that then let's make it happen. We should understand if we do hire him we will just eventually hate him like all of our former GMs. 

He would not be GM. He would be in charge of finding a qualified GM, and whoever that is will hire the next head coach.

I'm of the opinion that it simply doesn't matter anymore. Hire whoever makes the fan base happy.

It won't work.

Change everything about the front office and coaching staff. 

It won't work. 

Some owners just don't have it, don't get it, refuse to see it. It doesn't matter who's working for them. They'll still be a victim of a system. 

I love watching NFL football and my city has a team so I suppose I'll still tune in on Sundays but as far as having any passion or hope for this organization? Nope. I'm tapped out. Snyder's never, ever going to have a winning program and certainly never getting past the opening round of the playoffs.

(Playoffs? PLAYOFFS???)

Archived