Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the worst Redskins team in the last 20 years?

Idaho fan

34 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

The Jim zorn/Jason Campbell era was for me the worst in all my years following this team. Just the time investment we put in to both QB & coach was obscene and a indictment of Dan Snyder's incompetence as a owner.  Anyone with half a brain or a ounce of football knowledge could see the level of mediocrity both brought to the table from the get go.

Zorn was here for two years and finished 8-8 in his first year, Campbell was a startee for three and a backup/occasional starter for one.  As undisputed starter Campbell was 14-15 over his first two years.  Once they both choked to 4-12 in 2009 they were both gone

18 hours ago, mike42 said:

I dunno man. I think the 94 team is one of the best of our cellar dweller seasons. Most of the games lost in 94 was by a touchdown or less. They remember they weren't good enough to win, but they didn't make it easy for most opponents.

I'd say it's a tie between our 2013 season and this season so far.

While that team ended with a poor rectord the talent was there. 

QB:  WAY better with Cousins and RG3 over Case

RB: Morris was in his 2nd year and still pretty darn good.  If we had a healthy Guice this would be a push

WR: Garcon and Moss was very good, I'll take that

OLine:  Trent is better than no Trent

TE: Ok, we are better... Davis was a bum

And don't forget, there was depth there.  In the offseason, we were beating teams all the way down the depth chart.  We were just snakebitten and a I think rushing RG3 back for week 1 was the main reason the season failed.  If we rolled with Cousins and let RG3 fulley heal, it would be a MUCH different outcome, IMO.

53 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

The Jim zorn/Jason Campbell era was for me the worst in all my years following this team. Just the time investment we put in to both QB & coach was obscene and a indictment of Dan Snyder's incompetence as a owner.  Anyone with half a brain or a ounce of football knowledge could see the level of mediocrity both brought to the table from the get go.

I've been to TWO skins games in my entire life, and one of them was w/ Zorn.  Unfortunately it's tough to forget.  Lifeless, uninspiring football.

5 minutes ago, illone said:

Lifeless, uninspiring football.

Perfect description of yesterday and every minute of this season since the 2nd half against philly

next week against the Pats at home against a coach that doesn’t stop pouring it on, against a stellar defense in a worn down FedEx stadium half full and of that crowd 80% will be Patriots fans.  This is set up to be an epic dumpster fire of proportions never seen before 

20 hours ago, Taylor 36 said:

Even the Spurrier and Zorn teams showed competitiveness at times and with the exception of the last part of Zorn's second year, those team fought and didn't give up. 

You must be young. How can you not remember how bad Spurriers 2nd season was. Don't get me started on Zorn's teams, with that supposed talent and they were no where near ready for the big leagues.. 

It just perplexes me in terms of how we've gotten here. Were we in rebuild mode? Was our peak in 2015 a first round outing and that was it? You spend so many resources building up this Dline and what do you have 3 years into it? Nothing great to show of yet. We have no future rb stud we're looking forward to the future with. I love CT but I worry ever time he touches the ball its gonna be the last time for several weeks if not the season.. No ones excited about Guice anymore, our Tmack is the only bright spot so far and we dont know what we have in Haskins yet. All we know is he didn't have a D. Jones or Minnshew type of debut by any means.. We have a lot of vets on this team making good money and we got nothing to show for it. 

Miami is in full tank mode and is trying to tank, meanwhile we're tanking but weren't trying too. Who knows how longs its gonna take if ever. All I know is, living in San Diego and being a Padres fan, their " moral victory" and failures to rebuild turned me off as a fan after 2 decades after their '98 campaign. Even if they are supposedly getting better I'm so turned off by baseball now I just can't jump on the bandwagon anymore.. 

I feel like I'm headed there now with this team. We can't rebuild it anymore, we failed with Campbell,  rg3, we failed with kirk. I don't know with Haskins...

3 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Dude I know.  This might be the closest we have this year and still Danny Boy hasn't come out to apologize to the fans.  Zero Accountability by him to the fans. 

Then we have to make him accountable. The former players need to hold him and Bruce accountable. Colts fans were asking for refunds when Luck retired, why can't Skins fans do the same with Trent not playing? We fans are in a position where we are held hostage, as are the players on the team. The front office has not made a good faith commitment to either of us. The press needs to hold him accountable. 

Redskins fans may have to bite the bullet and eat their season tickets. No food, beverages, merchandise can be bought at or away from games. Snyder needs to feel the pinch everywhere he goes and especially on the profit sheet. Let him see the parking lot empty on game day. This is a creative group here on this site, together we need to hold Dan/Bruce accountable. Show the rest of the country how it's done.

How bout someone do up some t-shirts to embarrass them? I'd buy one for sure. We can wear em to games instead of game jerseys? Let Dan see that if he won't read our disgust on this site.

26 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

You must be young. How can you not remember how bad Spurriers 2nd season was. Don't get me started on Zorn's teams, with that supposed talent and they were no where near ready for the big leagues.. 

No, I am not young, nor did I ever say anything about either of those teams being good.  What I did say, and stand by, is that even those teams looked competitive and, except the last half of Zorn's second year, the players and coaches didn't appear to have given up and thrown in the towel.  We may have more talent in 2019 than those teams had, but we look far less competitive on the field an it appears they had given up by week 3.  This team is abysmal, and i have been a fan since the 70's.  I have seen some bad teams, but I don't recall ever seeing a team with less fight and drive than the 2019 squad, especially so early in the season.

17 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

This is the lowest I've ever been as a fan and I'm 52....I will not watch next week, just made weekend plans so I don't have to watch.

‘Also 52 and also made plans. They don’t care why should I? I live in Austin TX and the sports bar I went to had one corner TV for the Skins. I sat through that debacle but not this week 

You know I love Chris Thompson and dude plays with all he has, but hearing him on the Junkies this morning (as well as Moses) and him sounding more sad than pissed off kind of gets to me.  I'd love to hear him just pissed off on the call, being an asshole in his responses to the dumb questions that the Junkies ask him, but instead it's almost this "woe is me" attitude.  And that is exactly how I feel Gruden comes across as too.  Moses sounds a bit more upbeat than Thompson, but I'd also like to just hear them pissed off and say "yeah we suck and we need to figure out what is going on right now" but we never get any of that with this team.  There is no fire.  I know when I played in a ****ing co-ed touch football league in Bethesda for like 7 years I would be PISSED if we were losing.  

9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

You know I love Chris Thompson and dude plays with all he has, but hearing him on the Junkies this morning (as well as Moses) and him sounding more sad than pissed off kind of gets to me.  I'd love to hear him just pissed off on the call, being an asshole in his responses to the dumb questions that the Junkies ask him, but instead it's almost this "woe is me" attitude.  And that is exactly how I feel Gruden comes across as too.  Moses sounds a bit more upbeat than Thompson, but I'd also like to just hear them pissed off and say "yeah we suck and we need to figure out what is going on right now" but we never get any of that with this team.  There is no fire.  I know when I played in a ****ing co-ed touch football league in Bethesda for like 7 years I would be PISSED if we were losing.  

Moses sounded like a whiney ****.  I would cut his ass right now.  Fire Jay asap, just as you said.  His woe is me attitude has rubbed off on this team.  

35 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Not even close.  I would say the last zorn or Spurrier year would be #1

Remains to be seen.  Spurrier's 2nd year started 3-1  before finishing 5-11 (not too good!) and Zorn's 2nd year started 2-2 before finishing 4-12.  Right now I don't see much hope coming for any turn around.  The defense is relatively healthy and still sucks and outside of McLaurin coming back, there's no one coming that's going to help the O.  It's doubtful Reed returns.  Guice could come back later in the season but I think they'd be stupid to rush him back this year.  Could Love coming off PUP provide a spark?  Possibly.  Only real hope is the youth they have develops fast and I don't trust this coaching staff to make it happen.  

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

CT has been here his entire career.  He knows if he wants things to get better, his best bet is to leave.  He alone cant fix this, that's what you are hearing.  How he can play better doesnt matter I'd they keep putting him in jumbo packages to keep the defense honest

I think the sub question might actually be--

Other than the first half of the Eagles game, Are the Redskins playing like the worst NFL team of all time. I mean I didn't watch much of the 0-16 Detroit Lion teams, though Gruden/Allen must have admired them enough to steal their DC, but it's hard to imagine a lot worse in terms of a rushing team or third down defense team.

Spurrier quitting is not a low point.  You want to put his hiring as a low point fine.  But not his quitting

And putting Sean Taylor's murder on there ****ing pisses me off.  That has nothing to do with the Redskins as a team. It both demonizes the team and downplays a murder

2 hours ago, Otis Wonsley Posse said:

‘Also 52 and also made plans. They don’t care why should I? I live in Austin TX and the sports bar I went to had one corner TV for the Skins. I sat through that debacle but not this week 

Yep, today I put all my hats, away in a closet and any shirts/jerseys will not be worn until "Mr." Snyder speaks up and addresses this circus he has created. 

2 hours ago, drowland said:

Remains to be seen.  Spurrier's 2nd year started 3-1  before finishing 5-11 (not too good!) and Zorn's 2nd year started 2-2 before finishing 4-12.  Right now I don't see much hope coming for any turn around.  The defense is relatively healthy and still sucks and outside of McLaurin coming back, there's no one coming that's going to help the O.  It's doubtful Reed returns.  Guice could come back later in the season but I think they'd be stupid to rush him back this year.  Could Love coming off PUP provide a spark?  Possibly.  Only real hope is the youth they have develops fast and I don't trust this coaching staff to make it happen.  

not everyone considers final record as the deciding factor of what's the worst team

A.  Yes

They need to play better ... players need to execute better (coaching), game plans need to be tighter (coaching), schemes need to be tailored (coaching), opponent weaknesses need to be exploited (coaching), roster talent needs to be put in positions where it can succeed (coaching), penalties need to stop (coaching) ... 

quacks like a duck ... walks like a duck ... the problem is the coaching staff

the roster has talent ... not awe inspiring talent but NFL level talent ... they aren't great but the talent isn't the reason this teams sucks

I’d love to say no but I can’t... the Spurrier era with Shane Matthews & Danny Weuffel were bad (probably a bit worse) but this team has proven talent in this league and the results are far worse then those teams under Spurrier.... this team in every aspect is bad. The 2 best players hands down are our Punter and a rookie at WR who unfortunately missed yesterday’s game.. other then those 2 nobody has stepped up... and please Landon Collins wow 😯 can’t say anything good bout that signing....the entire Defense looks like they are responding to everything instead of making things happen... 

Archived