Idaho fan

Is this the worst Redskins team in the last 20 years?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

 

Mate, this is the 27th season since the last Lombardi. 

 

We've had three, that's THREE, double-digit win season's since then. With a WHOPPING THREE playoff wins. 

 

And through that span, we've had back-to-back winning season's TWICE.

 

If there's a team worse than that the entire league over the last three decades then man alive that must be a horrendous franchise because this one is about as bad as it gets. 

 

We can't dress it up any other than what it is. Utter ****e. 

 

Hail. 

 

Look man, I won't deny it's been a long time since we've had a GREAT team, but we have had good teams since then and I'm sick of being good being trashed because it's not great.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think that's something we didn't understand well enough. Players rallied for and played for Alex Smith. He was a leader on the field. The moment he left the D threw up the white flag and the offense (which was injured to hell) may have.

 

I don't know about that. Some of us think Smith was fantastic for us. I'm one of them. His stats sucked. But he brought something no Redskin QB has in a long time... Leadership. Confidence. 

 

At this point, the issue with the team is culture. And until that culture gets fixed, it's hard to see it getting better on a consistent basis. Smith brought a small change that resonated... Overwhelming confidence and continued success at the quarterback position.

 

Some say he stunk. And numbers wise, and entertainment wise that's hard to argue. But the win/loss column speaks for itself.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, carex said:

 

Look man, I won't deny it's been a long time since we've had a GREAT team, but we have had good teams since then and I'm sick of being good being trashed because it's not great.

 

Do an exercise some time and figure out where the Redskins are in total wins against the rest of the league under Snyder's ownership.  I think we're bottom eight. Being in the bottom quarter of the league by that measureand over the past 20 seasons is NOT good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Idaho fan said:

Walking out of Metlife today at two different times I passed some other Redskin fans who looked at me and said this is the worst Redskins team in the last 20 years.

 

 

I've said before this is bigger then losing games.  Every team loses games, but they dont even look competitive.  My cousin said they should rest the starters against the Pat's, I asked him what made him think they weren't already resting? Because they were on the field?

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Do an exercise some time and figure out where the Redskins are in total wins against the rest of the league under Snyder's ownership.  I think we're bottom eight. Being in the bottom quarter of the league by that measureand over the past 20 seasons is NOT good. 

 

In 2017 they were 26th in the NFL. I can't find any better sources that are more modern. But that was only a decade.

Edited by KDawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, carex said:

 

Look man, I won't deny it's been a long time since we've had a GREAT team, but we have had good teams since then and I'm sick of being good being trashed because it's not great.

 

 

What was the last consistently 'good' group we had? You're going back to Gibbs second tenure. And those 3 or 4 years were never sustainable as he was only brought back to win there and then and not build for the long haul. There was the mad rookie year of RGIII which was fun but completely built on sand with a self-serving HC as toxic as the man who employed him. As exemplified by the norm being restored the year after. 

 

We just can't sugarcoat this. We're a consistently bad franchise going nowhere among the very worst in the entire league. 

 

Hail. 

 

 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The running game is perhaps the worst it has ever been.  I have never seen a team where under a specific coach, they just can't ever find ways to run the ball.   Bill Callahan is supposed to be this great O-line coach, but it seems like even when the starters are in there they can't run block, or the RB's just have no idea what they are doing?

 

Also, what is up with this supposedly great D-line?  Other than a play or two a game, they look mediocre.   Kerrigan has disappeared this season, so has Ionnidas.   Payne has made a few beastly plays, but what is going on with Allen?

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talent wise the 13 team was way worse. There is enough talent on this D to at least be league average but the coaching has been abysmal.

 

Offensively it might be the worst roster we've had since Schottenheimer. Our best player is a 3rd round rookie WR. Granted he looks good, but still.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Burgold said:
31 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Honestly, it’s the same team since Alex Smith broke his leg.

I think that's something we didn't understand well enough. Players rallied for and played for Alex Smith. 

Nonsense. 
 

the Alex Smith lead Redskins were garbage and got lucky to win some of those games. The redskins since his injury is who we always were.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are looking at one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL.  At least some of the other 0-16 / 1-15 teams in history didn’t have so much money invested in as many TRASH HEAP players, while at the same time have so many high draft picks absolutely STINK / INJURED .  This team was is a product of 20 years of the worst sports ownership in the history of mankind.

 

 

71FABD92-6567-4E1D-BD8F-1552A77B7159.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The running game is perhaps the worst it has ever been.  I have never seen a team where under a specific coach, they just can't ever find ways to run the ball.   Bill Callahan is supposed to be this great O-line coach, but it seems like even when the starters are in there they can't run block, or the RB's just have no idea what they are doing?

 

Also, what is up with this supposedly great D-line?  Other than a play or two a game, they look mediocre.   Kerrigan has disappeared this season, so has Ionnidas.   Payne has made a few beastly plays, but what is going on with Allen?

I have never understood the excitement for the two first round DT's, really what has Allen done? What flash or game changing play have you seen. They both look like they are getting close to bust status to me for first rounders. Be honest...if either was drafted in the 3rd or 4th we wouldnt be talking about them.

Edited by Gibbs828791
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this team has been soft for most/all of Jay's tenure. They are coached soft..worried about injuries..not playing in preseason..playing not to get hurt..but the players GET hurt because of conditioning..LACK of real practice...Jay is Soft on his coaches..

 

After today..he's just mailing it in..maybe be has a beef with Bruce and is being tempestuous..

 

If they just got rid of all of them and lets see what the Asst Coaches can do. Jay has LOST this team..

 

 

Edited by The Hangman- C_Hanburger
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, carex said:

 

Look man, I won't deny it's been a long time since we've had a GREAT team, but we have had good teams since then and I'm sick of being good being trashed because it's not great.

 

We’ve had teams above average a few times in the last thirty years. We’re about to go into 2020 and you know damn well Snyder is planning a 30 year anniversary of the 91 championship. 

 

For a franchise that once celebrated excellence that is a joke. When did mediocrity become cause for celebration?

 

This team is worse than the Tony Banks led team, worse than the revolving cluster of Grossman and Beck. 

 

I can’t believe this is what someone would want to hang their hat on, good. 

 

Praising mediocre teams of the past as a source of pride, come on. This team was better than that. Big emphasis on was. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree it's one of our worst teams ever. The really embarrassing thing is it's year 6 of Gruden running it. And this is the product we get? False starts, holding, delay of game, over and over.. Defense is another mystery but the overall lack of preparedness and compete, is what embarrasses me as a fan. 

Edited by GoDeep81
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya this team blows bad..sucks knowing we have all year to go too...I imagine ya had a good time on your trip idahofan and got to experience some cool stuff but I feel bad for ya with the way the redskins performed..

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what is sad?  We might have the Bama guys on our line, but after 20 years of Danny Boy, we still have zero organizational identity or philosophy

 

Also, why the f did we draft a qb this year?  This team has zero i mean zero long term plan. The only reason u draft a qb that high if you think Gruden is here 3-5 more years.  We should have cut ties with him even though i think he is a great OC

Edited by skinfan2k
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, profusion said:

I'd have to back to Norv's first season, 1994, to remember a worse team than this one. And that was a salary clear-out, rebuilding year.

I dunno man. I think the 94 team is one of the best of our cellar dweller seasons. Most of the games lost in 94 was by a touchdown or less. They remember they weren't good enough to win, but they didn't make it easy for most opponents.

 

I'd say it's a tie between our 2013 season and this season so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

You know what is sad?  We might have the Bama guys on our line, but after 20 years of Danny Boy, we still have zero organizational identity or philosophy

 

We'd lose to Bama... for reelz

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GoSkinsGo said:

We’ve had teams above average a few times in the last thirty years. We’re about to go into 2020 and you know damn well Snyder is planning a 30 year anniversary of the 91 championship. 

 

For a franchise that once celebrated excellence that is a joke. When did mediocrity become cause for celebration?

 

This team is worse than the Tony Banks led team, worse than the revolving cluster of Grossman and Beck. 

 

I can’t believe this is what someone would want to hang their hat on, good. 

 

Praising mediocre teams of the past as a source of pride, come on. This team was better than that. Big emphasis on was. 

 

Well I don't like condemning teams of the past because they aren't teams of the further past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Too young for Porky's huh?

 

I was young. My dad sat me down one night, said it's time to teach you about the birds and the bees and turned porky's on.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.