Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the worst Redskins team in the last 20 years?

Idaho fan

Its not just the past 20 years, this is the worst team of my entire life.  But really, its not the record so much as it is the knowledge there is no hope for the next 10 years.  I inadvertently groaned when my wife put a Redskins hoodie on my 2 year old today, never even imagine that could be my reaction.

2 hours ago, Birdlives said:

Sorry for not getting back sooner but I live a lot less of my life in the context of this team than I used to. You deserve a response nevertheless. 

I think you you misunderstood about my point with the jersey sales. A star QB is by far the most marketable thing in sports. It’s why Kyler Murray picks the bloodbath that is the NFL over a likely very productive, longer, and more lucrative (salary wise) career in the MLB. If Dan picks an Aaron Rodgers it doesn’t matter if we suck. Dan is okay with us sucking. Money comes in either way. The added income stream of a superstar is a bonus that keeps on giving. That follows into Dan being a fan. He’s not a fan; he’s a fan of money. No rational person could go 20 years, look back on this performance as owner and keep running this team into the ground the way Dan has unless they flat out don’t care. Dan Snyder doesn’t care. It’s a bull**** narrative that’s clearly not true. 20 years of suck is the action. “All Dan wants to do is win!” Are the words. Choose what you want to believe, the actions or the words.

Of course Dan wants to win.  Win in his wallet that is.

I think as a kid, he wore that so called buckle and he probably got picked on.  He probably said, I'll show you; I will own the Redskins one day.

1999 he realized that dream.

All Dan cares about if pulling the wool over the fans eyes.  He will do just enough, to keep his money train going.    Fan revolt in 2003.  While he does interview coaches, he pulls the ultimate surprise and hires St. Joe.  Crisis averted.  2009- Jim Zorn is a disaster. Vinnie failed.  He hires Shanny and hires Bruce.

What will Danny boy do in 2020 to keep his money train going?

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Of course Dan wants to win.  Win in his wallet that is.

I think as a kid, he wore that so called buckle and he probably got picked on.  He probably said, I'll show you; I will own the Redskins one day.

1999 he realized that dream.

All Dan cares about if pulling the wool over the fans eyes.  He will do just enough, to keep his money train going.    Fan revolt in 2003.  While he does interview coaches, he pulls the ultimate surprise and hires St. Joe.  Crisis averted.  2009- Jim Zorn is a disaster. Vinnie failed.  He hires Shanny and hires Bruce.

What will Danny boy do in 2020 to keep his money train going?

Don't remember who wrote it, thinks it was from Finlay or someone from the Times but definately not sure.

Dan right now might be in "doesn't care anymore" and just care about being the owner of his childhood team. Which could explain a lot as well....

6 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Its not just the past 20 years, this is the worst team of my entire life.  But really, its not the record so much as it is the knowledge there is no hope for the next 10 years.  I inadvertently groaned when my wife put a Redskins hoodie on my 2 year old today, never even imagine that could be my reaction.

Ha!  With the cold weather upon us my wife pulled out some old redskins blankets we had in storage for a bunch of years.  When I saw them I also groaned.

21 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Don't remember who wrote it, thinks it was from Finlay or someone from the Times but definately not sure.

Dan right now might be in "doesn't care anymore" and just care about being the owner of his childhood team. Which could explain a lot as well....

That's why I feel Dan will let Bruce stay and Bruce hire the next coach.

Without reading anything but the question posed in the title of the thread, the answer is yes.  And there's the potential to be worst team in franchise history, if thats not already the case.  Just pitiful in every facet from ownership tyo management to coaching right down to the last player.  kickers and punters don't count.

Anyone who is still not convinced that this is the worst Redskins team in possibly the franchise's history, never mind the past 20 ears, deserves to have their fan card revoked, because they don't know **** about this team or football.  This team is an abomination; embarrassment incarnate, and the fact that Bruce Allen still has a job within this organization only proves how out of touch and pathetic Daniel Snyder is as an owner.  

1 minute ago, Taylor 36 said:

Anyone who is still not convinced that this is the worst Redskins team in possibly the franchise's history, never mind the past 20 ears, deserves to have their fan card revoked, because they don't know **** about this team or football.  This team is an abomination; embarrassment incarnate, and the fact that Bruce Allen still has a job within this organization only proves how out of touch and pathetic Daniel Snyder is as an owner.  

And yet I am confident Dan and Bruce can make it worse next year.  Maybe Dan will draft a punter that kicked at Bullis with the 1st pick in the next draft.

On 11/15/2019 at 4:15 AM, ananoman said:

Ha!  With the cold weather upon us my wife pulled out some old redskins blankets we had in storage for a bunch of years.  When I saw them I also groaned.

I groan also when my kids and wife wear Redskin apparel.  Sad truth. 

This is the worst Redskins team of my lifetime by a mile.  They don’t even come close to competing.  Dan Snyder has to fire Bruce Allen just to try and save face.  It won’t work, because nothing Dan Snyder does works.  But at least it will be something.  I’ve seen more than enough.  I’m not fool enough to think by firing Bruce Allen that there is some sort of hope.  Not until the day Dan Snyder dies.  He will never sell this team.  Not in a million years. 

What we should do is put ALL veterans up for trade, and have the rookies play out their contract until they become free agents.  Replacement players will be those that don't give a rat's about playing but have their hand out every week for their cheque.  This goes for coaches as well.

Let T. Williams, Kerrigan, Collins and the likes go to whoever they like the most, then give the likes of Norman his marching orders.  Maybe a team will use him as a coach but as a player, he's done.

Let the current rookies/1st year/2nd year players finish their contract and let them hit free agency.  Save any draft picks for those who aren't quite good enough, but are capable of at least one year in the NFL.

Couldn't do any worse than we are doing now!  (or could we?)

I honestly believed this was hyperbole. That nothing could be worse than zorn and swinging gate. But I was wrong. We were losing, but we at least could execute an offense. This is the worst skins team I’ve ever seen. This is the worst football I’ve ever seen. 

and the fan base is gone. Totally eroded. Even back in zorn time there were still fans. 

Like I said in another post, we had bad overall records in other Snyder era seasons, but at least there was some early-to-mid season hope in a lot of those. This season has been a complete disaster since that first half in Philly.

Still think 1993 is the best comp, even though it was Ryp's early injury that threw that campaign off the rails early. The free fall in that first post-Gibbs season was jarring. At least we knew we were going to suck this year, but not to this extent.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Like I said in another post, we had bad overall records in other Snyder era seasons, but at least there was some early-to-mid season hope in a lot of those. This season has been a complete disaster since that first half in Philly.

Still think 1993 is the best comp, even though it was Ryp's early injury that threw that campaign off the rails early. The free fall in that first post-Gibbs season was jarring. At least we knew we were going to suck this year, but not to this extent.

The crazy thing is in the 4-12 ‘93 season and the 3-13 ‘94 season at least the Skins competed and were in a fair amount of close games.  This season the Redskins aren’t even remotely close.  It’s hilarious that Bruce Allen said we are close and DISTURBING that he said “we have a damn good culture.”

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Yep.  Except for early in the Eagles game & that squeaker vs a horrible Dolphins game there isn't even hope within any given game.  Almost all of their games are blowouts & it becomes obvious in the 1st QTR that they are going to lose.  Jeez - even bad teams are usually at least competitive within given games. This team just seems to lack desire & the ability to be competitive.

Given the circus atmosphere I guess I cannot blame them to a certain extent.  I don't want to hear anyone still say that Snyder at least wants to win since it is painfully obvious that he doesn't at least to the extent that he will not lay the framework to achieve that culture starting by firing Allen.  I am pretty sure that Snyder laughed at those "Sell the Team" chants.

in the post-Gibbs seasons of the 93-96-ish era, fans felt that the Redskins had many good players but the coaching went downhill, and they needed a fresh face in a HC along with a couple new quality players to get them back on track.

With THIS group of players and coaches, well, there are some good players on this team, but coaching all the way up to ownership blows dog. The team is buried in over-paid players who are either injured or flat out suck. Coaching is clueless, the FO is a useless dictatorship, and the owner is either hypnotized or brainwashed into confiding in the absolute worst person to ever grace an NFL team. We all know who this is.

Archived