Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Giants

TK

6 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

After watching him play the last three weeks returning from a season ending injury it does not look like he is a top 10 guard in the league.Has he been in the past yes but right now I don't see it. He is not worth 15 million a year.

So the theory is he'll never make it fully back from his torn pec, this is just what he is? Interesting. I bet a team who wants to protect their QB pays him a boatload and he looks great. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree it's unfair.  But I am gathering his sensitivity is he's regarded as being a tough guy to work for -- as we've all heard.    I am gathering Dan probably can't easily deny he's a handful (considering all the stories over the years) but he thinks saying that he also has a short leash with head coaches takes the criticism too far. 

I guess I wasn’t clear, I don’t blame him for being prickly about that particular criticism.  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I guess I wasn’t clear, I don’t blame him for being prickly about that particular criticism.  

I guess I wasn't clear either.  I don't blame him either.  But the point is irrelevant to me.  Heck if I was a coach I'd almost prefer a short trigger than working for someone for a long time who I don't like.  As Sheehan and Loverro like to joke -- if you want to punch a Redskins coach, don't fire them, make them stay. 😀

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So the theory is he'll never make it fully back from his torn pec, this is just what he is? Interesting. I bet a team who wants to protect their QB pays him a boatload and he looks great. 

Let them I rather have 15 million to spend and a draft pick if we could trade him.

4 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

Not been a good season and a half for Scherff’s bank account 

If you think that you're insane. Other teams around the league are salivating at the idea that Scherff could hit FA at his young age. Even if you're right that he's overrated, teams will give him ghe benefit of the doubt for playing here in this ****show and coming off injury. 

His bank account won't be hurting at all. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If you want any chance of Bruce out they need to lose this game.  

Won’t happen now, but a win is very bad for that cause. 

You want Bruce out,  hope for a 4-12 or worse record. That might be the only thing that gets Bruce out.  On today's Fox pregame show, they mentioned Dan really thinks this team is close.  We aren't but if we drastically fail to meet Dan's expectations; he can't just hold that all on Jay.

4 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Let them I rather have 15 million to spend and a draft pick if we could trade him.

Yeah we spend that money so responsibly in FA. Hell I think we are sitting on that much cap space right now. We should just let top-5 pick OL leave because they aren't the absolute best in the league, with a rookie QB in the wings. 

We aren't trading him, Bruce doesn't do that he lets assets eventually leave for free. 

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Its the same as the “Skins overspend in FA” thing.  Used to be true but hasn’t been in a decade. 

They just overpay for lesser garbage in bulk now, like Pryor, Richardson, Alex S, and now recently they overpaid for Collins who isn't even close to being the best DB in the NFL but is paid as if he is. While not resigning guys like Sherff when they should have already.

Just now, NickyJ said:

I guarrantee, if we let Scherff walk next season, threads are going to be filled with "look at how well Scherff is doing right now" just like the threads are now with Preston Smith, Kendall Fuller, Jamison Crowder, and Bashaud ****ing Breeland.

Sure but that doesn’t mean he’d be good here.

Archived