Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Giants

TK

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Bro, you can literally do whatever you want.

This noxious steaming turd is not your wife, and even if it was, more than 50% of Americans divorce at least once anyway.

I'd have gone elsewhere too several years ago but I really don't like the NFL anymore so I just keep trolling the only team I ever rooted for. Dan Snyder is a bumbling fool, this is actually entertainment in a strange totally nonproductive way.

That's me. I left the skins after 2017 but keep coming back to watch the carnage. 

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dan & Bruce I am sure will come up with something, am glad Dan has Bruce to lean on during these tough times.  🙄

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/jay-grudens-future-remains-undecided-after-redskins-latest-dismal-loss-against-the-giants/2019/09/29/b37c5412-e2cd-11e9-b403-f738899982d2_story.html

"And in this moment of crisis, Snyder seemed unsure of what to do next."

Where do they get that from? Snyder seems pretty sure right now, doing exactly what they've been doing for the past 10 years.

18 hours ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

As a redshirt senior in 2017, he passed for 3,053 yards, 35 touchdowns, and nine interceptions. (and 64 pct completion rate)

That's not quite 50 TDs, 70 pct completion pct, and 5,000 yards lol

It is when you consider the two NFL receivers Haskins had as  receivers and attempted 533 passes as opposed to 371 for Barrett who got hurt the season you mention as Haskins came into replace him then yea the numbers are very similar maybe with a nod to Barrett.  Haskins passed 162 more times to get those numbers to two NFL receivers. Your stats are basically fake  LOL

3 hours ago, Sonny9TD said:

It is when you consider the two NFL receivers Haskins had as  receivers and attempted 533 passes as opposed to 371 for Barrett who got hurt the season you mention as Haskins came into replace him then yea the numbers are very similar maybe with a nod to Barrett.  Haskins passed 162 more times to get those numbers to two NFL receivers. Your stats are basically fake  LOL

The stats aren't fake, that's about the dumbest possible response you could make, and the original statement was that the performances were the same.  This is not true.  And yes, I'd expect you would need more passes to get 1100 yards more and several more TDs.  What is controversial about that? If Kirk Cousins throws for 2900 yards this year with fewer attempts, you don't say, "and he threw so many fewer passes this year than before."  Yeah, but why did he? 

Barrett went undrafted and Haskins went in first round and was destined to go no lower than second.  What would the difference be, personnel guru?

18 hours ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

The stats aren't fake, that's about the dumbest possible response you could make, and the original statement was that the performances were the same.  This is not true.  And yes, I'd expect you would need more passes to get 1100 yards more and several more TDs.  What is controversial about that? If Kirk Cousins throws for 2900 yards this year with fewer attempts, you don't say, "and he threw so many fewer passes this year than before."  Yeah, but why did he? 

Barrett went undrafted and Haskins went in first round and was destined to go no lower than second.  What would the difference be, personnel guru?

My point was that Barret had basically the same stats as Haskins did. When you throw 162 less times without the quality of receivers Haskins had and get hurt and don't play the whole season you can't say that Haskins is the better QB based on those meaningless stats. Which basically is what you tried to prove with those stats. So yes the way you used them to try and prove Haskins outplayed him is bogus.  Haskins shouldn't have been rated that high and Barrett that low since being injured his draft stock plummeted. So your stats although accurate aren't the proof you use them for. Sorry. Unless you want to admit Haskins isn't that much better than Barrett which is basically the case. Haskins was rated that high because of the talent at receiver and the offense run at Ohio State as a QB dream. Any and i mean seriously 75 QBs in college could have put those numbers up and would have been rated that high had they played for Ohio State.  Since there were slim pickings at the QB position to draft from it doesn't surprise me Haskins was rated one of the better QBs when in realty he wasn't. Just has a strong arm as his number 1 talent. Basically the Redskins selected at 15 a QB with a strong arm.. Don't feel bad you didn't really dig deeper on those meaningless numbers for the comparison. A common knee jerk reaction for defending the decisions of Bruce and Danny in the draft room. In defense they did pretty good after round 2 this year other than the round 2 next year waste. 

On 9/29/2019 at 8:57 PM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Yes.

but If Gruden survives he will probably find a way to start McCoy 

Quoting myself from the end of Sunday's game against the Giants.

I'm done til Gruden is gone. He's as self absorbed as the rest.

Archived