TK

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Giants

9 minutes ago, carex said:

most people here look at our worst and think that was the way it always was.  But while we've only had two 10-6 seasons we've only had one 3-13 seasons and that was out worst record

Then here's to a historic season¬†ūüćĽ

Their records under Dan.  It's true 3-13 isn't what they typically do.  But its been no parade to say the least.   His best team arguably is the one he inherited when he got here. 

Team Results

Year Tm Lg Job Title W L T W-L% W plyf L plyf Playoff Result
  Total   21 Years 139 183 1   2 5  
  Washington Redskins   1999-2019 139 183 1   2 5
1999 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 10 6 0 .625 1 1 Lost Div
2000 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 8 8 0 .500 0 0  
2001 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 8 8 0 .500 0 0  
2002 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 7 9 0 .438 0 0  
2003 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 5 11 0 .313 0 0  
2004 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 6 10 0 .375 0 0  
2005 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 10 6 0 .625 1 1 Lost Div
2006 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 5 11 0 .313 0 0  
2007 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 9 7 0 .563 0 1 Lost WC
2008 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 8 8 0 .500 0 0  
2009 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 4 12 0 .250 0 0  
2010 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 6 10 0 .375 0 0  
2011 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 5 11 0 .313 0 0  
2012 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 10 6 0 .625 0 1 Lost WC
2013 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 3 13 0 .188 0 0  
2014 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 4 12 0 .250 0 0  
2015 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 9 7 0 .563 0 1 Lost WC
2016 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 8 7 1 .531 0 0  
2017 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 7 9 0 .438 0 0  
2018 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 7 9 0 .438      
2019 Washington Redskins NFL Principal Owner 0 3 0 .000      
Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

JT Barrett’s Soph & Jr seasons:

*2015 Ohio State Big Ten SO QB 11 93 147 63.3 992 6.7 7.0 11 4 139.2
*2016 Ohio State Big Ten JR QB 13 233 379 61.5 2555 6.7 7.2 24 7 135.3

11 tds to 4 ints

24 tds to 7 ints as a jr

A combined 3500 yards

Haskins, in 1 year of starting, had 50tds, 8ints, and nearly 5,000 yards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Quarterback Dwayne Haskins said it would be "pretty cool" to have his first start vs. New England quarterback Tom Brady. "He went to that team up north. There won't be any love on the field if I do play him. But it's exciting; we're home. Looking forward to it." Brady, of course, played at Michigan; Haskins played at Ohio State.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer1m ago

12 minutes ago, Sonny9TD said:

Funny. JT Barrett put up near the same numbers because everyone was wide open. Any QB can put up those numbers at Ohio State. Any QB. Haskins is no way top 32 but believe what you want. Let's not count todays game and 3 interceptions. Doesn't even count really. It's what happens to Ohio State QBs. There could be exceptions but not this time. It would be cool to be wrong but i don't think i am.  Damn shame

As a redshirt senior in 2017, he passed for 3,053 yards, 35 touchdowns, and nine interceptions. (and 64 pct completion rate)

That's not quite 50 TDs, 70 pct completion pct, and 5,000 yards lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's a shame Haskins wouldn't be better protected but yes develope as long as he doesn't get killed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Quarterback Dwayne Haskins said it would be "pretty cool" to have his first start vs. New England quarterback Tom Brady. "He went to that team up north. There won't be any love on the field if I do play him. But it's exciting; we're home. Looking forward to it." Brady, of course, played at Michigan; Haskins played at Ohio State.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer1m ago

This is why, as a Michigan man, I don't care about college anymore.  We produced the GOAT QB (the most important position) of all time.  It's literally irrelevant what happens on the field on Saturday.

I find it so awkward when NFL players reference college rivalries once they're in the league. It's like being the grown adult that tells stories from HS. I know things are different in football, and everyone in the league has college connections to each other. Just my opinion. I bet Brady doesn't care that Haskins went to Ohio State. 

Note: this is not a criticism of Haskins quote, I know tons of players do this. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

It's a shame Haskins wouldn't be better protected but yes develope as long as he doesn't get killed. 

He had plenty of time today. He will learn that you cant hold onto the ball that long in the NFL. We really need to find out if he can be the guy. If not than we should have the ability to draft one of the stud QB's coming out this year. And you can only find out if he is the guy by playing him. Practice, especially in the modern NFL, is worthless.

33 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I find it so awkward when NFL players reference college rivalries once they're in the league. It's like being the grown adult that tells stories from HS. I know things are different in football, and everyone in the league has college connections to each other. Just my opinion. I bet Brady doesn't care that Haskins went to Ohio State. 

Note: this is not a criticism of Haskins quote, I know tons of players do this. 

What I find more awkward is when they have no rivalry feelings towards other NFL teams.  Only fans care.  Players cling to their college rivalries WAY more than they do with NFL rivalries.  Just watch the players after the games... they are best friends.   This wasn't the case in the past.  Free agency etc. etc. I guess.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sonny9TD said:

Funny. JT Barrett put up near the same numbers because everyone was wide open. Any QB can put up those numbers at Ohio State. Any QB. Haskins is no way top 32 but believe what you want. Let's not count todays game and 3 interceptions. Doesn't even count really. It's what happens to Ohio State QBs. There could be exceptions but not this time. It would be cool to be wrong but i don't think i am.  Damn shame

JT Barrett never had a season close to Haskins season last year. At least if you are going to argue your point bring some accurate stats.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

What I find more awkward is when they have no rivalry feelings towards other NFL teams.  Only fans care.  Players cling to their college rivalries WAY more than they do with NFL rivalries.  Just watch the players after the games... they are best friends.   This wasn't the case in the past.  Free agency etc. etc. I guess.

Players change teams way more often than in the past due to the salary cap. Tough to prevent the death of individual rivalries. Best you can hope for is to create the type of team culture that players buy into while they are on your team. 

• Like 1

Dan & Bruce I am sure will come up with something, am glad Dan has Bruce to lean on during these tough times.¬†¬†ūüôĄ

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/jay-grudens-future-remains-undecided-after-redskins-latest-dismal-loss-against-the-giants/2019/09/29/b37c5412-e2cd-11e9-b403-f738899982d2_story.html

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. ‚ÄĒ Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder left MetLife Stadium before his head coach, Jay Gruden, finished addressing the team after its latest debacle in an increasingly disastrous season. He wore a black suit, dark glasses and a scowl. Beside him was team president Bruce Allen.

They walked almost in step down a concrete corridor, Snyder and Allen did, passing a window that looked into the emptying stands. If they had turned their heads, they would have seen the score still burning on a field-level scoreboard ‚ÄĒ Giants 24, Redskins 3 ‚ÄĒ that said this season, at 0-4, offers no hope. Their first-round quarterback, Dwayne Haskins, had been intercepted three times in his first game after replacing Case Keenum in the second quarter. The Super Bowl champion New England Patriots loom next week. And in this moment of crisis, Snyder seemed unsure of what to do next.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

The way I feel about the Saints in this SNF game is how I felt about every Redskins game the past 2 decades...until the middle of last season. 

I wish I could just jump ship to the Saints.

57 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

I wish I could just jump ship to the Saints.

Bro, you can literally do whatever you want.

This noxious steaming turd is not your wife, and even if it was, more than 50% of Americans divorce at least once anyway.

I'd have gone elsewhere too several years ago but I really don't like the NFL anymore so I just keep trolling the only team I ever rooted for. Dan Snyder is a bumbling fool, this is actually entertainment in a strange totally nonproductive way.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

It's got a lot to do with the NFLPA too. At the end of the day, they are all part of the same union, so they are a brotherhood. They all care about each other's well being and they all work together on the same issues in the offseason. They have more of a connection to the NFL shield than to the logos on the helmets. 

Just saw the clip of Holcomb coming untouched on a blitz and held up giving Jones time to convert on 3rd down.  Even when Manusky dials something up, our guys manage to screw it up.