TK

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Giants

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I sincerely hope we go 0-16 and get a boatload of picks for someone who wants Tua. 

Im not actively rooting for us to throw but this might actually be the best thing for us longterm. Except Id like to beat the cowboys. 

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Everyone has stats and different perspectives.

Answer the question: are you rooting for Haskins or against him?

i root for the team, not individuals.  the TEAM gets worse when they make draft busts in the 1st round.  The team gets MUCH worse, usually, when they draft a bust at QUARTERBACK in the first round.  

6 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

For the record, prior to the draft, Cooley, whose opinions I quite value, placed Jones well above Haskins. When we picked Haskins, he admitted he wasn't crazy about the pick, but hoped Haskins would prove him wrong.

That is how many feel like myself. I' don't see it though. If we hadn't drafted him at 15 he would have gone in the 2nd round guaranteed. The next team that would have even considered it was Denver in the 2nd. I'll hear no way that would have happened but it would have guaranteed.Any team needing a QB would have traded up before us to get him if that was the case and nobody had a man crush on him except Danny

Edited by Sonny9TD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:
  • I didn't watch the game because I don't hate myself that much. Is Haskins a bust because of his start today? I need to keep track of who is going over the cliff and why. 

I think it will turn out that way. 

But he really had no shot today and it was unrealistic for him to come in down 14 without getting reps and lead a comeback. 

I think there are a few here who didn't like the draft pick originally who are just piling on at this point and are frustrated with the direction of the franchise.  

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Weirdly it would be the best thing that can happen.  I get the whole this isn't the NBA argument that some make.  And yeah naturally one of 5 players can make a big difference.  But if you can trade a kings ransom for Tua its our best shot to escape this. 

The #1 pick in the draft is the best asset available, it’s ridiculous not to want it, and the waiver spot.

• Like 2

Fans who say our rookie QB aid a bust before he even got 1 start on a team this bad make me not want to be a fan of this team. Even Eagles fans are less douchey these days. And I hate those ****ers for sport. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

universally?  Give me your definition of "universally" LMAO!!!!  Because no team drafted him in the first round until the 15th pick and it , oh, lets choose YOUR word, universally reported that even the redskins scouting dept and coaches did not think Haskins was worth a 1st round pick.   only the owner, you know?  That genius QB guru, who studies mountains of game film, wanted to draft him....so, yeah, you're wrong.

they only have 1 pick in the top 2 rounds.   they traded away their 2nd rounder (which is almost a first rounder) for another bust in Montez Sweat and they refuse to trade trent williams opting to let that resource go to trash...so they only have 1 pick.  my guess if there's an LEGIT QB, they'll go QB and trade off Haskins for a 3rd or something.

Gtfo!!! This isn’t about Haskin’s. If you knew half as much as you claim to, you would know Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Sonny  Jurgensen, Brett Favre, etc, ain’t winning with these dumbass coaches. 

Just now, Llevron said:

Fans who say our rookie QB aid a bust before he even got 1 start on a team this bad make me not want to be a fan of this team. Even Eagles fans are less douchey these days. And I hate those ****ers for sport. 

Mahomes was lousy today, he may be available.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, volsmet said:

The #1 pick in the draft is the best asset available, it’s ridiculous not to want it, and the waiver spot.

Yeah I don't think it's "weird" at all. If you aren't gonna make the playoffs with a chance to run the table, 1st overall pick is obviously the best place to be. 

Even better because in this case it could lead to a house cleaning

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

right, now it's "who the hell cares about all your facts".    in the springtime, it was other redskin fans laughing it up in the background on the set of ESPN's show with Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman as they laughed at the GIants for drafting Jones and both of those clowns putting Haskins in the hall of fame...and other skins fans there hootin and hollerin' laughin it up having a good time on the set's show in APRIL...............................that's what I hate.  thats the root of it.....the typical redskin fan jumpin around and celebratin in april....and they did it again........a closer look showed why the giants made the right decision...and NOT EVEN THE REDSKINS.....but the REDSKINS OWNER...once again, yet again...making a terrible decision

I will not spend too much time here as it's my guess you will not be around here very long.

So your big problem is Redskins fans enjoying getting a solid player without having to trade up for him. And because no one listened to you, your pan is to root heavily against the QB of the team you supposedly root for just to teach the fans a lesson. LOL  That may be one of the most ridiculous things I have seen someone actually write. 

Full disclosure I did not want him at 15. I thought he was more like a late 1st rd pick but with the lack of quality QBs in the draft he was going to go higher.

Your spouting stat lines from 4 gms you want to pick out is meaningless. But lets ignore that, at least for now. You think Jones is so much better. Outside a good starting drive he was pretty poor, and against a really bad Redskins D.  Since you like stats he was 23/31 with 1TD and 2 picks You take away the first drive and he was 17/24 for a whopping 182 yds 0TDs and 2 INT. Can we say HOF!!! 

But yea, go ahead and celebrate Haskins having a rough start with no running game, 2 new OLine and no true #1 WR. 

He may be a bust. But calling it now after just over a half of football in the NFL with no 1st team reps is pretty comical. Same as calling Jones savior becasue one nice game and one nice drive in another. Way too soon to write the book on either. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

For the record, prior to the draft, Cooley, whose opinions I quite value, placed Jones well above Haskins. When we picked Haskins, he admitted he wasn't crazy about the pick, but hoped Haskins would prove him wrong.

Is that supposed to mean something? He's still not proven to be right though after all of 2 starts combined between the 2 guys. 

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1

If we go 2-10 the rest of the way, this Franchise will have officially dipped below .500 winning percentage all time. In that case, you can officially call us a losing franchise.

I actually assumed we were already below .500. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I have no idea what you're referring to. Players and Coaches ARE NOT in on an organizational plan to tank, in terms of gameday performance and choices, even if it's obvious what's happening. Those guys want to earn more money. It's the FO people with job security who trade away assets to tank. Period. The losing happens because the team gets stripped of players who can win, not because the players are trying to lose. 

How and why do you take the contrarian viewpoint on absolutely everything on this board. Is that how you cope? Strange. 

coaches can bench or cut you though if you play better than they want you to.

And honestly, players and coaches can read the same reports and see the same moves by the front offices, so they know what the FO wants, 

And I take a contrarian viewpoint because I think other fans are either wrong or they want different things than I do

I do not think I like or enjoy conversation with anyone on this forum, but this is where the news and rumors are

Edited by carex

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I have no idea what you're referring to. Players and Coaches ARE NOT in on an organizational plan to tank, in terms of gameday performance and choices, even if it's obvious what's happening. Those guys want to earn more money. It's the FO people with job security who trade away assets to tank. Period. The losing happens because the team gets stripped of players who can win, not because the players are trying to lose. 

How and why do you take the contrarian viewpoint on absolutely everything on this board. Is that how you cope? Strange. 

Why ive been calling that Dolphins L for awhile now. FO may be tanking, but coaches and players are pissed and are fighting hard. And look who's coming soon, a bloated lifeless corpse of a football team that plays and coaches like it doesn't give a ****. The Dolphins will play us harder than anyone else on their schedule if for no other reason than we give them their best and likely only shot of avoiding 0-16

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bacon said:
  • I didn't watch the game because I don't hate myself that much. Is Haskins a bust because of his start today? I need to keep track of who is going over the cliff and why. 

Not a bust yet, but 3 interceptions is hard to excuse.

Feel the burn, Dan, you pathetic, troll-like eater of franchises. In the words of Chad Dukes, "GO SCREW!"

I don't really get what that means when it's not followed by "yourself", but ... it remains funny to me. And hence, Dan should definitely go screw. Maybe a Johnny Rockets hot dog bun would suffice. Does Johnny Rockets make those small enough for vienna sausages?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

I don't really mind the pick when targeting richardson. It was a decent throw and you take those 1 v 1s because offensive players are so favored nowadays. 

Basically a short punt for us anyways lol. 

3 minutes ago, carex said:

coaches can bench or cut you though if you play better than they want you to.

And honestly, players and coaches can read the same reports and see the same moves by the front offices, so they know what the FO wants, 

It doesn't matter. I don't even know what you're arguing anymore. You originally said you can't tank without the players and coaches agreeing to it.

That isn't true at all, you just don't give them the talent to win, trading it away for picks instead. 

Just stop please. 

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

When you haven't had a chance to build any chemistry with your WR during the week is going to lead to him not being perfect. McLaurin who he does have chemistry with wasn't even on the field. So yes he can be excused on his 1st start in the middle of the game. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

I really feel we suck too much to get the first pick.I can guarantee we  will screw that up.Nothing good could ever happens  with Brainless Bruce and Disastrous Dan. 

Yea, we probably beat the dolphins because they got a plan and we don’t.

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Is that only for the guys you like or is there some excel spreadsheet that you can share with the rest of the class that lets us know who to judge today and who to wait on?

WTF does this even mean? All I was saying is there are a lot of problems on the team so it's hard to tell who can really excel at the NFL. Not sure you can really judge anyone. That was my point. I was responding specifically that Quinn was wide open twice deep yet a few were saying he is not a deep threat. So the one thing I can say for sure is Quinn was wide open twice for TDs and Case missed him. Outside of that, not much also to say.  

I kind of like Quinn but not in love with him. I want the team to do well. Right now they just have a lot of holes. It would be like calling Haskins a bust based on the offense he had to play with. Give him a running game, an Oline that has played more than a half together and a true WR corps not just a guy or two and then see where he is at. 

Need to relax there some. Not sure where that comment came from. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sonny9TD said:

Who ever thought Haskins was one of the best 32 players in college football need to get a grip on reality.

Whoever doesnt think he was one of the top 32 prospects in the draft last year need to get a grip on reality. The guy threw for over 4800 yards and 50 TD's with a QB rating of 174.1....You people are insane.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The VD INT was him anticipating the route like he's supposed to and VD not being ready, that'll get fixed.

The Richardson INT was a ball I was happy to see, Richardson just isn't the guy I trust to go get it. McLaurin and Harmon are the guys to trust with that ball, but it was well placed. The DB just plucked it from Richardson. 

So I'm not really worried about either of those. In my eyes, despite everything else he did poorly (holding the ball too long is the biggest one, but expected this early), he only had one "real" INT I worry about and it was the pick-6.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I don't really mind the pick when targeting richardson. It was a decent throw and you take those 1 v 1s because offensive players are so favored nowadays. 

Basically a short punt for us anyways lol. 

1 interception can easily be written off for anyone, 2 sucks but isn't terrible. 3 to start your career is rough. Not the end of the world, but it can't be sugar-coated.

• Like 2