Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Giants

TK

3 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

wrong, i said he couldnt play the moment he was drafted.

Who the **** cares right now?  Do you want him to succeed or not?  Whatever your opinon is or was is getting completely overshadowed by what it appears like you want him to fail. Say on the record you either or don't want that people can decide to offically put you on ignore already.  If you are rooting against, I don't care what your analysis is

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

So the guy that is running wide open behind the D on a regular basis but the QB is not getting him the ball is not a deep threat? And with no other real threat on the field. And he has been missed in other games too. You really going with that?

He can't throw the ball to himself.

Maybe Quinn was gassed. I doubt he and Case practiced deep balls much at all....

Do you think he is a deep guy? I considered him best in the short game since he is not fast.

Just now, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

you keep mentioning your astute youtube video analysis, but I watched an analysis of his snaps that judged him in the opposite direction.  Who am I to believe?

me.  I'm better at this than you.  What about these numbers impressed you, exactly?  Now, show me YOUR work, guy??

Penn State
Passes behind the line of scrimmage, AKA Pop Warner throws
10-11 for -19 thrown yards, 133 yds 1TD
Passes that traveled 1 to 5 yards in the air, AKA OSU's high school playbook passes
6-10 for 12 thrown yards, 41 yds, 1TD
passes that traveled 6-10 yards
5-10 for 35 yards
Passes that traveled 11-20 yards
1-4 for 13 thrown yards, 48 yrds, 1TD
passes 20 yards and more
0-4
3rd down pass conversion
1-12
My (or any sane person) grade for Haskins
D

Washington (bowl game)
8-9 for -27 thrown yards, 33 yds 
Passes that traveled 1 to 5 yards in the air, AKA OSU's high school playbook passes
7-11 for 26 thrown yards, 31 yds,1TD
3-5 for 23 thrown yards , 29 yds
5-9 for 80 thrown yards, 94 yards, 2TD
passes 20 yards and more
2-4, 67 yrds
3rd Down pass conversions
3-9
B-

Michigan
6-8 for -17 thrown yards, 51 yds 
9-10 for 22 thrown yards, 129 yds,  1TD
0-2
3-5 for 47 thrown yards, 65 yards , 1TD
passes 20 yards and more
2-6, 55 thrown yards, 55 total, 2 TD
4-8
B

Michigan State
6-7 for -18 thrown yards, 16 yds 
5-6 for 20 thrown yards, 43 yds,
8-14, 63 thrown yards, 93 yards
3-9 for 44 thrown yards, 61 yards
passes 20 yards and more
0-1
3-11
D

adding these 4 games up:
His completion percentage on those pop warner and high school throws was
57-72, 79%
his completion percentage on mid range throws, your NFL bread and butter routes,  between 6 and 20 yards was
28-58, 48%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
his completion percentage on long throws 21 yards and longer was
4-15, 27%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a fav category of mine, 3rd down conversions through the air was
11-39, 28%!!!!!!!!!!!  GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

I really feel we suck too much to get the first pick.I can guarantee we  will screw that up.Nothing good could ever happens  with Brainless Bruce and Disastrous Dan. 

we're not trying to tank and we're playing a team that is, that has nothing to do with Bruce or Dan

Just now, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

me.  I'm better at this than you.  What about these numbers impressed you, exactly?  Now, show me YOUR work, guy??

Penn State

Why the **** would I show you my work, dip****? I talked about an analysis I viewed on YouTube by someone with lots of subscribers, etc.  I'm not even saying you're wrong but you're actively rooting against the kid and he didn't even have his first start.  Hell, even I waited to call Jason Candle a bust, do you think you could wait a bit? It's not like we're about to go to playoffs and benching a good QB for an untested rookie you don't believe in, then I might understand the spite.

Just now, RandyHolt said:

Maybe Quinn was gassed. I doubt he and Case practiced deep balls much at all....

Do you think he is a deep guy? I considered him best in the short game since he is not fast.

I do not think he is a Jackson clone if that's what you mean. But he can get open. He has shown that. And he can get open deep, You don't have to be lightening fast to be a good deep guy. You need to be smart and run good routes. And he is fast enough. 

Would like to see how he does with a true #1 on the outside and a real running game. Maybe an oline that starts more than 2 gms in a row. Not to mention  QB that can get him the ball. 

There are so many problems with this team right now it's hard to tell what many of the guys potential is. 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

I mean, I have somehow stuck around even though I barely watch anything.  But I don't stray into the Tailgate like I used to (an ever-increasing share of morons), but I've noticed that social media must have taken a huge chunk out of engagement.  One of the huge sites (hailredskins) shut down, and the others have really died down overall.

But I'm also of the opinion that 4-5 active main threads about football every week has been a negative.  Social media has evolved and people can keep track of multiple threads.  That was done for the mods, not for us.

Yeah Twitter and Reddit have killed message board participation. I'm the only person I know my age (30) who is on a message board, never mind younger people. 

2 minutes ago, carex said:

we're not trying to tank and we're playing a team that is, that has nothing to do with Bruce or Dan

Dolphins could easily beat us. The players and coaches aren't trying to tank, the FO just traded away lots of their pieces for draft assets so it's playing out that way...as a rebuild should be done. Those players and coaches will try to rip us apart either way.

Well didn't think the Redskins would be worse today than last Monday  - I stand corrected.  The offense decided to join the defense as totally a totally awful part fo the Redskins. had horrendously bad coaching decisions too -   Putting Haskins in was stupid, using Quin vice Richardson on those deep routes - whose idea was that? 

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I do not think he is a Jackson clone if that's what you mean. But he can get open. He has shown that. And he can get open deep, You don't have to be lightening fast to be a good deep guy. You need to be smart and run good routes. And he is fast enough. 

Would like to see how he does with a true #1 on the outside and a real running game. Maybe an oline that starts more than 2 gms in a row. Not to mention  QB that can get him the ball. 

There are so many problems with this team right now it's hard to tell what many of the guys potential is. 

I never thought Quinn was a deep threat or fast, but he seemed very agile to me, able to make some very tight cuts.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Dolphins could easily beat us. The players and coaches aren't trying to tank, the FO just traded away lots of their pieces for draft assets so it's playing out that way...as a rebuild should be done. Those players and coaches will try to rip us apart either way.

you can't actually try to tank unless the coaches and players agree to it, or at least the coaches with bad play calls

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Who the **** cares right now?  Do you want him to succeed or not?  Whatever your opinon is or was is getting completely overshadowed by what it appears like you want him to fail. Say on the record you either or don't want that people can decide to offically put you on ignore already.  If you are rooting against, I don't care what your analysis is

right, now it's "who the hell cares about all your facts".    in the springtime, it was other redskin fans laughing it up in the background on the set of ESPN's show with Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman as they laughed at the GIants for drafting Jones and both of those clowns putting Haskins in the hall of fame...and other skins fans there hootin and hollerin' laughin it up having a good time on the set's show in APRIL...............................that's what I hate.  thats the root of it.....the typical redskin fan jumpin around and celebratin in april....and they did it again........a closer look showed why the giants made the right decision...and NOT EVEN THE REDSKINS.....but the REDSKINS OWNER...once again, yet again...making a terrible decision

Just now, carex said:

you can't actually try to tank unless the coaches and players agree to it

That's not what "tanking" is and it's been talked about a lot here. Tanking is exactly what the Dolphins are doing, it is an organizational decision that happens above the coaches and players heads. Players and coaches are still trying to keep their jobs and get paid, they don't want to lose for any reason. The FO makes that decision and trades away a ton of pieces for draft picks so that even when trying, it's hard to win, and you rebuild.

This is Sports 101, players and coaches don't ever lose on purpose to tank. That's not what the word means at all. 

Just now, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

right, now it's "who the hell cares about all your facts".    in the springtime, it was other redskin fans laughing it up in the background on the set of ESPN's show with Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman as they laughed at the GIants for drafting Jones and both of those clowns putting Haskins in the hall of fame...and other skins fans there hootin and hollerin' laughin it up having a good time on the set's show in APRIL...............................that's what I hate.  thats the root of it.....the typical redskin fan jumpin around and celebratin in april....and they did it again........a closer look showed why the giants made the right decision...and NOT EVEN THE REDSKINS.....but the REDSKINS OWNER...once again, yet again...making a terrible decision

I think the board admins and mods made a terrible decision on accepting your ES account registration.

Archived