Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Giants

TK

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We keep using him for the same play over and over again, too much tape on it now

That's part of it, but he also just doesn't showcase his moves in space anymore when he's 1v1 with a defender. Just doesn't look the same

1 minute ago, FrFan said:

He had at least 2 wide open targets ! This is crazy

He’s literally playing for the first time since August with the starters.  And he hasn’t been getting first team reps.  Not really even second team reps because of McCoys injury, he has had to run the scout team.  

Hes not prepared.  And he hasn’t been prepared. And that’s a bloody shame. 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Then make him ready, because Case is still worse.  

um, no, actually he's not.  you're wrong.  you want it to not be the case, emotionally.  because you want to think this team's future is with haskins.  you dont know that its not and that haskins is not NFL quality QB yet.  Keenum isnt good, but he's better than Haskins

4 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

then how did halas and frontier gain control of the bears and rams

I don’t know the exact timetable of the Estate Tax, but I don’t believe it existed before they got their respective teams. That was why there was such a hullabaloo when Ralph Wilson passed a few years ago.

5 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

That scramble through what should have been a sack emphasizes t me what is becoming obvious. That, while Manusky is in over his head, the Redskins just don't have the talent on D to compete in this league. Just a bunch of average guys. Even Payne and Allen, who are touted as up and coming stars aren't really living up to that. I look around the league, and just about every team has a star on D who steps up in big moments. Where's our Luke Keuchly? Where's our JJ Watt? Where's our DeMarcus Lawrence? Kerrigan is about as close as we've gotten to having one in the last several years, and he's on the down side of a fine career.   

Is that a sign of Allen and McCloughen being that bad at talent evaluation and missing on literally every defensive pick or is Manusky’s incompetence masking any talent in there.  Allen is an unqualified ass and bloated ego for sure, needs to go like yesterday.  But he has scouts and people under him who probably have some qualifications, I think it’s much more likely that Barry and Manusky are as awful as their previous experiences said they were than we have missed on every single pick.  

2 minutes ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

This game LITERALLY made me impulsively purchase the sports package for Redzone like 5 mins ago lmao. Now I can watch football 🤣

Enjoy all the TD's, smart man. I keep redzone on a smaller screen while watching the game

1 minute ago, Apollian said:

I think the only reason why I'm still watching is just to see how great Tress Way is, his worth the price of admission alone.

That’s what I’m saying Tress Way is the franchise! Our top player and we should appreciate his punting more. This game has shown that he has an iron leg. One poster said that instead of teams having 60-70 yard scoring drives on us, Tress Way makes it 80-90. We should relish in his punting display. 

In fact I believe that the secret to his amazing abilities is that unlike most teams the Redskins punt at an abnormally large rate giving him more in game repetition then most teams are willing to give their punter.

We should all tune in every Sunday and marvel at how well our punter kicks it.

1 minute ago, Csup said:

I agree He’s way ahead of Haskins.  But Haskins only played 1 year.  Will be interesting to see how Redskins destroy relationship with Haskins..  

I'd be very curious to see if this becomes a Cardinals situation. We're going to have a brand new coach, and a high draft pick, with some good QB's coming out. It's possible Haskins becomes another Rosen and the new regime drafts their guy?

2 minutes ago, Newera said:

Jones is going to be good. Hate to say it.

Just a modern Eli Manning. Same arm strength, they look the same, same mannerisms. Questionable accuracy downfield. Will make plays but mostly manage the game and make a couple big errors every game.  

Hopefully they won't luck into superbowls this time around. 

8 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

I don’t know if the Estate Tax came before or after JKC’s death (you really should be cursing Ted Kennedy for this), but you can’t just will a team. John KC would have had to pay a HUGE tax on the difference between what his dad paid for the team and the value at that time. I think 28%... ? If you can’t afford that, that’s when outside investors (or even a group led by him) can come in and take it.

The tax on the team would have been almost 50%. And some one wishing that JKC is in hell is downright pathetic. 

Just now, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

um, no, actually he's not.  you're wrong.  you want it to not be the case, emotionally.  because you want to think this team's future is with haskins.  you dont know that its not and that haskins is not NFL quality QB yet.  Keenum isnt good, but he's better than Haskins

Is that why Jay who said he wasn't ready just benched Case?  This isn't about emotion, Case had 5 turnovers by himself last week, Haskins only has one today.  Stop this, I can count, can't you?

Archived