TK

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Giants

I hate that football is supposedly my "favorite sport," and that I root for the Redskins. I used to be so hype for game day. Now it just feels annoying 😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Manusky I could live with. 

The earliest Jay should be fired, if he’s fired in season at all (which I don’t think they should do) is the bye week.

Riding with Finlay's recent take (and granted things keep shifting), Jay lasts the full season but is almost for sure a goner after that.  And Munisky might get fired during the season. 

• Like 1

@TK pointed out that the last time Snyder fired someone mid-season was Norv.  We were 7-4 from what I recall.

He's not firing anyone today.

Starting Gallman and Sweat in fantasy.

Norman gives up 2 long TDs and stands around pointing at someone else on #3.

At this point, not sure how much the injuries are on the training staff or Redskins flu.  If the fan base has it, not sure why the players wouldn’t. 

Oh yeah, the score:  Skins 51

Giants 48

coin flip as to who puts up more points, both lousy offenses or both lousy defenses

or

Skins 5

Giants 4

either way, it’s the “we’re close” redux in the post game presser

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

@TK pointed out that the last time Snyder fired someone mid-season was Norv.  We were 7-4 from what I recall.

He's not firing anyone today.

Agree. Jay probably doesn't go.  Some beat guys have said that they heard the idea that Dan has a short trigger with coaches is an issue he's very sensitive about and thinks it's unfair.  If he wants to attract a big name type HC (I got doubts that he could) it probably behooves him to let Jay play out the season to show his "patience".  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

9 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

I agree with the skins front office with Scherff and contract offers.  He misses too many games to make him the highest paid guard, and he is good, but not the best guard in the league.

Let him walk if he doesn't accept a fair contract offer.

Or better yet, a smart team would have traded his ass to get value. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

I agree with the skins front office with Scherff and contract offers.  He misses too many games to make him the highest paid guard, and he is good, but not the best guard in the league.

Let him walk if he doesn't accept a fair contract offer.

When a top 10 player hits the market he becomes the highest paid until the next top 10 guy hits the market. That's how it's worked forever and how it's meant to. The cap is only going up. A top contract for a guy like Scherff, even if he's not top 3, is totally fair as long as none of his injuries are chronic. You can't build a talent base by letting ALL your good players walk. I for one would like a pocket for Haskins to step up into. 

• Like 3

I missed this, watching the Redskins pregame show not Fox.  At least we are getting some rare national attention. 😀

• Haha 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Mclaurin was the only reason  I was going to watch the game today. I might just skip it and go fishing.

All the backups are going to steal the show!

Were going to see that Scherff is an asset to be traded. Gonna be awesome.

Dont @ me. This is the only idea keeping from not watching. 

Just remember... use the ****tail stick. (I’ve seen that commercial about 56 times in the last two days)

We should blow this thing up right now.Lets not wait for us to turn it around and win a few games to ruin our draft position. Unload everyone we possibly can thats not on a rookie deal.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree. Jay probably doesn't go.  Some beat guys have said that they heard the idea that Dan has a short trigger with coaches is an issue he's very sensitive about and thinks it's unfair.  If he wants to attract a big name type HC (I got doubts that he could) it probably behooves him to let Jay play out the season to show his "patience".  

He's given Jay almost six years. That's a long time for a head coach who has done essentially nothing.

I don't know how any talk of "patience" would come into this.

• Like 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Remember Trent probably will be back week 10 when he's vested for the season, I gather a lot of players will be rested and ready then. 

Perfect. Just in time to win 2-3 late games and push ourselves into roughly the 8th-10th pick in the draft!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

If he gives up another TD today I would make Norman play nose tackle for the remainder of the game and let Ionaiddis play corner. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

He's given Jay almost six years. That's a long time for a head coach who has done essentially nothing.

I don't know how any talk of "patience" would come into this.

I think you are taking the point in too much of a finite way.   There are people around the league who think Dan is handful to deal with it to say the least.  It's not clearly where the buzz is what a great guy but if only he showed patience in his coaches, he'd be perfect.  I gather Dan's point is hey I get maligned a lot but the short trigger with head coaches is unfair.  Not saying you are saying otherwise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Remember Trent probably will be back week 10 when he's vested for the season, I gather a lot of players will be rested and ready then. 

Maybe it's a new Redskins strategy to keep a semi healthy team on the field late in the season. Trent is just the guinea pig.

:rofl89:

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim should've asked Allen about his own job security. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It is unfair now.  It wasn’t unfare in 2001.

He fired Norv in 2000 in season , which probably was a mistake, but they weren’t winning anything with Norv. 

He fired Marty after 1 year.

Spurrier quit.

Gibbs retired.

Zorn was fired but nobody had any issue with that and he let Zorn finish an abysmal season.

Shanahan was fired after 4 years.

Jay is in year 6 with no real success and he’s still held his water.

Its the same as the “Skins overspend in FA” thing.  Used to be true but hasn’t been in a decade. 

I feel bad, I just want them to lose now.  If they win I will just happy for the people here that wanna see a W.  

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

When a top 10 player hits the market he becomes the highest paid until the next top 10 guy hits the market. That's how it's worked forever and how it's meant to. The cap is only going up. A top contract for a guy like Scherff, even if he's not top 3, is totally fair as long as none of his injuries are chronic. You can't build a talent base by letting ALL your good players walk. I for one would like a pocket for Haskins to step up into. 

After watching him play the last three weeks returning from a season ending injury it does not look like he is a top 10 guard in the league.Has he been in the past yes but right now I don't see it. He is not worth 15 million a year.

Apparently Manley just said that fans who aren't there while we're losing shouldn't come back when we're winning.

Come on, man.  Come.  On.

I would like to see a win, but I really don't expect it to happen. We have no hope, no QB, no stud WR and no coach. I'd rather have another loss so we can have a new coach next season. I won't be a downer the whole game, my gummy should be kicking in soon.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It is unfair now.  It wasn’t unfare in 2001.

I agree it's unfair.  But I am gathering his sensitivity is he's regarded as being a tough guy to work for -- as we've all heard.    I am gathering Dan probably can't easily deny he's a handful (considering all the stories over the years) but he thinks saying that he also has a short leash with head coaches takes the criticism too far.