Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

My rumor spreading....

Get ready...

HC: Ron Rivera

OC: Urban Meyer

DC: Marvin Lewis

This is a DS type of move. Marv does not want to be HC and have those headaches. Urban Meyer is a college coach with a good system but needs to learn the office work of a NFL team. Haskins is DS golden ticket. DS wants him to shine. DS will pay Urban Meyer to come to the NFL and learn so one day he can be a HC at the NFL level. Plus this move helps Haskins since he already knows Meyers system. Marv is happy to take a break from being a HC. Marv helped the Ravens when they moved to Baltimore make it to the SB. DS is hoping that magic shows up again. Ron is the motivator defensive coach DS wants and thinks he needs. 

.....anyone buying it yet? lol. Figure if I say it enough people will believe it. 

4 minutes ago, VRIEL1 said:

My rumor spreading....

Get ready...

HC: Ron Rivera

OC: Urban Meyer

DC: Marvin Lewis

This is a DS type of move. Marv does not want to be HC and have those headaches. Urban Meyer is a college coach with a good system but needs to learn the office work of a NFL team. Haskins is DS golden ticket. DS wants him to shine. DS will pay Urban Meyer to come to the NFL and learn so one day he can be a HC at the NFL level. Plus this move helps Haskins since he already knows Meyers system. Marv is happy to take a break from being a HC. Marv helped the Ravens when they moved to Baltimore make it to the SB. DS is hoping that magic shows up again. Ron is the motivator defensive coach DS wants and thinks he needs. 

.....anyone buying it yet? lol. Figure if I say it enough people will believe it. 

What link are you getting this from?

11 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Maybe the appropriate sentiment I'm trying to convey is with respect to the order in which they are hired. I'd like to see a GM hired first and then that person - perhaps in collaboration with the owner - lead the hiring of the new coach.  

I don’t really care as long as we end up with a competent leadership team.

I guess in my line of work you have to cobble together leadership teams in bizarre ways at times and I’ve gotten used to it.  As long as it works in the end, it’s fine.  

Doesnt mean the process isnt important.  It is.  But sometimes circumstances dictate a strange order to things.  

Shrug. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t really care as long as we end up with a competent leadership team.

I guess in my line of work you have to cobble together leadership teams in bizarre ways at times and I’ve gotten used to it.  As long as it works in the end, it’s fine.  

Doesnt mean the process isnt important.  It is.  But sometimes circumstances dictate a strange order to things.  

Shrug. 

I hear you and I don't disagree that it can work if you have the right people involved. Namely, an owner who is a good people manager / organization builder. I think history has shown that ours, isn't. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Rivera worked in San Diego iirc so he has some flexibility with the 3-4 as well. Him going to Tampa 2 is just an assumption  based on his history with Chicago and I think they ran something like that in Carolina too. Some base zone scheme.

With Norman, they mainly ran a cover 3 with 4 underneath.  Since he left, they continued to mainly run zone coverage and switched it to a cover 2 most of the time.  I read in the off-season that Rivera brought in more 3-4 base zone coverage plays and was going to run a mix of 4-3 and 3-4. 

Either way, if the reports are accurate that he is going to be our next HC, I'm happy.  Actually, reading articles that Snyder basically exiled Bruce weeks ago and hired NFL minds outside of the organization to assist with HC search and other football related activities was relieving.  Not forgiving or forgetting all the BS and embarrassment brought down on this franchise by the part he played in all this.

But this is definitely a step in the right direction for getting the franchise back on track.  I worry how long it will last though.

5 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

I hear you and I don't disagree that it can work if you have the right people involved. Namely, an owner who is a good people manager / organization builder. I think history has shown that ours, isn't. 

You’re totally right about the owner’s reputation. 

I’m hoping this stuff about Dan meeting with outside of the organization peeps means he’s getting good advice. 

1 hour ago, repo_4 said:

We have a new HC almost hired? Who is our GM again? Because putting the cart before the horse is what we have been living since he purchased the team...

Depends on who the GM is and if they already have someone that might fill that role immediately too and is fine with Riverboat Ron and him fine with the mystery GM.

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Depends on who the GM is and if they already have someone that might fill that role immediately too and is fine with Riverboat Ron and him fine with the mystery GM.

That was my point. Good franchises don't hire the coach and then bring in a GM.

Just now, repo_4 said:

That was my point. Good franchises don't hire the coach and then bring in a GM.

Yeah, but teams have fired GMs and left the HC in place and hired new GMs.  It's possible that Dan already knows who will be the next GM and that future GM was fine with Rivera.  If that is the case, then it really doesn't matter.  

Just now, spjunkies said:

I'd give up this years 3rd rounder and maybe throw in another 3 next year.  Nothing more.

Pitt has always been a contender under his reign, but he seems to get a lot of in house drama.  I know some of that is out of his hands, but not sure if there isn't something he could've done to improve the situation. 

But he is relatively young, and has coached in some big moments.  Has always had a good defense.  Unfortunately a 3-4 guy.

2 hours ago, BraveWarrior said:

I've been wishing for a return to the 4-3 for years. I didn't like it when they switched to the 3-4 and never thought it would work because they never brought in a true NT, always plugging in DTs and DEs. I've also been wanting them to bring in a defensive minded HC. They are usually more disciplined, bring in bigger players, and usually have tougher teams. There are always exceptions, but this is what I see. I've been very excited since Ron RIvera became available, and I know he wants to keep coaching.  

Honestly, nowadays 3-4 and 4-3 is borderline meaningless because almost nobody runs a pure 3-4 or pure 4-3 as teams are so often in nickel coverage and are mixing up their packages. As far as a "true NT" you're thinking of the old school pure 3-4 where all 3 DL are strictly 2 gappers meant to soak up blocks and the LBs go downhill to make all the plays so you'd have that big 340 lb dude who could just sit there and not be moved. We never ran that...we ran more of a newer school 1 gap 3-4 where our DL is meant (at least sometimes) to get penetration. Either way, we also played more of a 3-4 under and nickel where many times we had 4 down linemen anyway.

I don't think we're somehow going to magically transform into a better defense by saying "4-3" instead of "3-4". We actually need a DC who understands how to best utilize the guys he has and knows how to game plan correctly as well as make adjustments. Manusky absolutely sucked at both of those things.

1 hour ago, repo_4 said:

We have a new HC almost hired? Who is our GM again? Because putting the cart before the horse is what we have been living since he purchased the team...

Yeah that seems ass backwards. 

Archived