Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

Lots of spin and good thoughts going on......the one good thing is tomorrow everything will be different and we can have a glimmer of hope for the draft and next season. Didn't really have that last year. Let's hope for good news in the next 48. Maybe they give KOC a shot as HC........talk about starting from scratch. 

We're not getting Vince Lombardi. What you want is somebody who has experience winning in this league, comes from a good coaching background, and can put together an experienced,  professional staff of men ready to teach the game of football and formulate an effective plan to best utilize the talent around them.

Boiling it down to simply "Who won this/who won that" is just short sighted. Mike McCarthy won a SB, and to me is the least inspiring of all the available HC candidates . A lot of variables play into why bad coaches win in some places, good coaches lose/get fired in other places, and why no coach ever succeeds here.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If its Rivera, I'd bet we're taking Simmons. You need rangy, athletic LB's to play that Tampa 2

I bet its Chase Young you need a stud athletic freak on the edge like S. Rice.If we try to build a Tampa 2   some of guys skills look similar to the ulitmate Tampa 2 defense.Collins compares to Lynch Payne to Booger Ruben to Brooks Allen to Sapp.I know Allen to Sapp and Ruben to Brooks is quite a bit of a stretch but they have similar skills even though the are obviously not to close to being HOF players.

11 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

How do you see Ruben Foster's role in a Rivera defense if at all?

Rivera worked in San Diego iirc so he has some flexibility with the 3-4 as well. Him going to Tampa 2 is just an assumption  based on his history with Chicago and I think they ran something like that in Carolina too. Some base zone scheme.

8 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

I bet its Chase Young you need a stud athletic freak on the edge like S. Rice.If we try to build a Tampa 2   some of guys skills look similar to the ulitmate Tampa 2 defense.Collins compares to Lynch Payne to Booger Ruben to Brooks Allen to Sapp.I know Allen to Sapp and Ruben to Brooks is quite a bit of a stretch but they have similar skills even though the are obviously not to close to being HOF players.

10 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

He has shown that he can build around the strengths of the team. We are not equipped to run a Tampa 2 defense. Chase Young is a far superior option

True. He's run several systems, which I like. He'll know what to do. We may not have a top 10 D, but the talent is there to be more than a bottom feeding unit.

6 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

I will say, if we get a defended minded HC, the idea of Sweat and Young behind Allen, Ionadis, Payne, Settle, etc. is pretty darn exciting. The question then becomes can Moreau, Dunbar, Moreland, Colins, and Apke/Nicholson hold up their end. I still think we need some linebackers with range though I think that Dion, Holcomb, have some potential, but all your linebackers can't be try hard guys. You need at least one real athlete with some speed.

On offense, you potentially have three second year receivers who might just be pretty good. Sprinkle who is hot and cold. Question marks at running back, but high potential question marks. And a lot of turmoil on the o line.

There's talent there though. WIth good coaching there's enough to do some damage.

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I will say, if we get a defended minded HC, the idea of Sweat and Young behind Allen, Ionadis, Payne, Settle, etc. is pretty darn exciting. The question then becomes can Moreau, Dunbar, Moreland, Colins, and Apke/Nicholson hold up their end. I still think we need some linebackers with range though I think that Dion, Holcomb, have some potential, but all your linebackers can't be try hard guys. You need at least one real athlete with some speed.

On offense, you potentially have three second year receivers who might just be pretty good. Sprinkle who is hot and cold. Question marks at running back, but high potential question marks. And a lot of turmoil on the o line.

There's talent there though. WIth good coaching there's enough to do some damage.

I really feel confident in Collins and Dunbar.Nicholson and Monroe are question marks but both have flashed major talent.Maybe these two guys would benefit more than anybody from having better coaching and stud like Chase Young on the edge.

I'm starting my own rumor... All the names are true.😂 

DS wants a defensive HC, R Rivera wants a HCing job, Lewis is tired of all the headaches that come with being a HC plus he shines as a DC so he will work under Ron as the DC. Snyder put all his eggs in one basket with RG3 and didn't like the fact Shanahan ruined him. Now all his eggs are in Haskins so what can be done to make Haskins a star? Dan has talked Urban Meter into becoming the OC since Haskins came from that school and knows Meyers system. All these names are true. Not one but all.😆 A coach Haskins knows and feels comfortable working with, a defensive minded head coach, and Lewis who is outstanding as a defensive coordinator. 

Taa Daa.

41 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

This is our biggest deficiency and needs to be addressed this offseason....or everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

Yep. It will be interesting to see if Williams beef is with the Redskins or Allen and if he'd want to come back or if the Redskins want him back. If so, then with Williams, Rollier, Martin and perhaps Scherrf or Flowers (if one/both can be resigned) we're in okay shape.

I wouldn't mind Norv Turner just not as the HC. Although he had a pretty good winning percentage with us the first go around. We were always above 500 but got knocked out of the play offs in the first round. Other coaches called him predictable but he has usually shined as a OC.  

10 minutes ago, VRIEL1 said:

I wouldn't mind Norv Turner just not as the HC. Although he had a pretty good winning percentage with us the first go around. We were always above 500 but got knocked out of the play offs in the first round. Other coaches called him predictable but he has usually shined as a OC.  

Um.....I dont hate Norv, but WTH are you talking about?

I've been wishing for a return to the 4-3 for years. I didn't like it when they switched to the 3-4 and never thought it would work because they never brought in a true NT, always plugging in DTs and DEs. I've also been wanting them to bring in a defensive minded HC. They are usually more disciplined, bring in bigger players, and usually have tougher teams. There are always exceptions, but this is what I see. I've been very excited since Ron RIvera became available, and I know he wants to keep coaching.  

12 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Um.....I dont hate Norv, but WTH are you talking about?

He was the HC for 7 seasons. 4 out of the 7 he was above 500. I know those weren't great but we were above 500. He sucks as a HC. I'm the first to admit that. But he usually does fairly well as a OC. or so I thought. 

17 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This isn’t directed directly at you.  But can somebody please give an example where a GM hired a HC basically without owner involvement?

Maybe the appropriate sentiment I'm trying to convey is with respect to the order in which they are hired. I'd like to see a GM hired first and then that person - perhaps in collaboration with the owner - lead the hiring of the new coach.  

Archived