Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Urban Meyer has some kind of role he will play for the Skins, I think.  I don't think it was just a friendly visit with Alex Smith in the Snyder's box seats.  I think it is/was more than that.

I agree...He has to be one of the consultants for Dan on the search. I can see Meyer taking over the front office and helping to find the new HC.

On 12/27/2019 at 3:35 PM, Thinking Skins said:

What do people think of Jack Del Rio? he was fired in Jax and Oakland, but was able to do well in both places. and he helped develop Carr into a legit nfl QB. 

Carr a legit NFL QB? I don't know about that....I might replace the word legit with the word average. I think Carr is similar to a Kirk, can be good but won't get you very far when it gets real. Just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

If promised enough money and power ya never know

Rivers...short for riverboatron...?...lol

Hmmm I dont think so...because he added in an extra s.

I think he honestly wants Rivers...we all know how VOR loves his older QBs...

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Power = Bruce’s job, so Bruce wouldn’t be here in that scenario.

Truuuuue...maybe it's part of the shuffling **** around keeping bruce employed giving more power to ron..idk..

2 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Hmmm I dont think so...because he added in an extra s.

I think he honestly wants Rivers...we all know how VOR loves his older QBs...

Ron...on a boat in....rivers...it makes sense to me, quit picking on vor... lol

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ron is going to have 3-4 options.  There is. I way he chooses the Redskins if Bruce still has a reserved parking space and an office.

And Dan knows this.

Sooooo Daniel fires bruce?...you have to address him as daniel...he absolutely HATES being called Daniel..

Marvin will be a tough get.  He is down at Arizona State consulting for Herm Edwards and he seems to be content to tan and play golf.  You never know, though.

I could see Kyle being the new GM, Alex retiring and recouping his money in some type of ironclad contract role with the team (partial ownership), and Rivera coming in as HC.  Rivera or some other former DC will be the next HC as the team has too much potential on an underwhelming  and underachieving unit.  OC will be the interesting spot and may see some holdovers to create continuity for Haskins.  Allen is done-zo.  I hope Callahan can stay because God knows he has earned the opportunity. 

Rivera a solid hire make Allen and Panye into Short and Star 2.0.You add Sweat and Young this d will finally be for real with this guy.If this is true we will adf Bradbury to go with Dunbar. Our defense is going to be dam good .Haskins for all those who don't like him would be in consideration for the number 1 pick this year had he stayed in school.If Ruben is healthy we will playmakers all over the field.

1 hour ago, klwilkins1977 said:

Marvin will be a tough get.  He is down at Arizona State consulting for Herm Edwards and he seems to be content to tan and play golf.  You never know, though.

Beat guys are saying the opposite.  He seems interested in this job.   i presume because he's not getting other NFL offers. 

Keim said it several months ago -- this job will likely be taken by a young coach eager to finally get a HC gig and therefore willing to put up with the FO structure; or by a retread who is desperate to get back on the sidelines after getting no sniffs from other ball teams, and might have no other options than to put up with that structure. This team has way too much young talent on it -- such a great core to build on -- so I hope this new hire (or hires, hopefully) will be able to maximize the potential of our current players and what's out there in the draft.

Archived